PDA

View Full Version : [Mut@nt] HD51 Auto deepstandby

dfox
07-03-18, 20:39
Evening,

For some reason I have set an auto deep standby after being in stanby for 10 mins but this doesnt seem to be putting the box into deep standby.

Anyone know what would be stopping this? I have no recordings set.

thanks

adm
08-03-18, 00:43
I have a similar/same timer where after 10 minutes in standby the box automatically then goes to deep standby. I've just checked it and it is still working on 5.1.019.
Extrend 10K

adm
08-03-18, 02:49
I have a similar/same timer where after 10 minutes in standby the box automatically then goes to deep standby. I've just checked it and it is still working on 5.1.019.
Extrend 10K

Update: Still working both with first putting the box into standby manually and then the power timer kicking in to put the box into deep standby and with a power timer putting the box into standby at 00:30am (plus the 2 minute count down) and then the second power timer putting the box into deep standby after 10 minutes.

To dfox
Go to the power timer list, highlight a power timer, press the info button on your remote and you should get a log of the operation of that power timer which can be posted to show what may have gone wrong. It may be better to press blue = clear log to clear the historic log information and let the timer run once again before posting the log for the one event.

dfox
11-03-18, 09:09
Update: Still working both with first putting the box into standby manually and then the power timer kicking in to put the box into deep standby and with a power timer putting the box into standby at 00:30am (plus the 2 minute count down) and then the second power timer putting the box into deep standby after 10 minutes.

To dfox
Go to the power timer list, highlight a power timer, press the info button on your remote and you should get a log of the operation of that power timer which can be posted to show what may have gone wrong. It may be better to press blue = clear log to clear the historic log information and let the timer run once again before posting the log for the one event.

Thanks, it seems to work when on a Freesat channel but if it's a stream it doesn't.

john doe
11-03-18, 10:24
you say it doesn't work on stream. are you using a specific plugin that downloads epg automatically? if so check these setting

birdman
11-03-18, 13:45
Thanks, it seems to work when on a Freesat channel but if it's a stream it doesn't.So you're saying that if you are watching a stream (or rather, not watching it but have left it running) the box will go into autostandby, but won't then go into autodeepstandby?

birdman
11-03-18, 13:55
So you're saying that if you are watching a stream (or rather, not watching it but have left it running) the box will go into autostandby, but won't then go into autodeepstandby?The code for AutoDeepStandby contains a comment (which is unusual, but I wrote it...):

# Check for there being any active Movie playback or IPTV channel
# or any streaming clients before going to Deep Standby.I'll need to find out why the code that is there is there (but it should only apply if you aren't in StandBy).

Valiant
11-03-18, 14:41
The code for AutoDeepStandby contains a comment (which is unusual, but I wrote it...):
I'll need to find out why the code that is there is there (but it should only apply if you aren't in StandBy).

PLus check that there are no recordings in progress or about to start before going to Deep Standby I suppose.

birdman
11-03-18, 15:37
The code for AutoDeepStandby contains a comment (which is unusual, but I wrote it...):
I'll need to find out why the code that is there is there (but it should only apply if you aren't in StandBy).It seems to work for me.
AutoDeepStandby PowerTimer set for every 10mins, only if in Standby
Watch a stream (service ref starts with 4097: )
Put box into Standby.
~20 mins later box goes to AutoDeepStandby (probably missed the first 10min one because the hard0sisk hadn't yet spun down - my normal setting for ADS is 30mins).

< 919.355> [InfoBarGenerics] KEY: 116 POWER
< 919.355> [ActionMap] GlobalActions power_down
< 919.551> [eInputDeviceInit] 0 74 1
< 919.556> [InfoBarGenerics] KEY: 116 POWER
< 919.600> [Standby] enter standby
< 919.604> [eServiceMP3] stop http://......................../chunklist.m3u8
< 919.604> [eServiceMP3] stop state:PLAYING pending:VOID_PENDING ret:SUCCESS
< 919.705> [eServiceMP3] destruct!
< 919.823> [Skin] processing screen Standby:
< 919.826> [Skin] processing screen StandbySummary:
< 2068.180> [InputHotplug] connectionLost? [Failure instance: Traceback (failure with no frames): <class 'twisted.internet.error.ConnectionLost'>: Connection to the other side was lost in a non-clean fashion: Connection lost.
]< 2068.180>
< 2068.189> dvb time sync disabled... so set RTC now to current linux time! 2018/03/11 13:42
< 2068.190> set wakeup time to 2018/03/11 19:52

birdman
11-03-18, 16:31
Thanks, it seems to work when on a Freesat channel but if it's a stream it doesn't.When you are watching a stream, does it ever put it into Standby?
Or are you putting it into Standby manually, but nothing further is happening?

dfox
11-03-18, 16:36
When you are watching a stream, does it ever put it into Standby?
Or are you putting it into Standby manually, but nothing further is happening?

I am putting the box into standby manually, and have a timer set to go to auto deepstandby after 10 mins of being in standby but this doesn't work on a stream. Service reference for stream pals 5001, I'm sure before this was changed it worked. I'll change the reference to 4097 0r 1 and see if it fixes it

dfox
11-03-18, 16:40
you say it doesn't work on stream. are you using a specific plugin that downloads epg automatically? if so check these setting

I am using EPG Importer for EPG.

dfox
11-03-18, 16:42
PLus check that there are no recordings in progress or about to start before going to Deep Standby I suppose.

No recording set or about to start.

birdman
11-03-18, 17:05
If I gave you a slightly modified version of PowerTimer.py (that recorded why it wasn't going into DeepStandby) would you be able to run it?

dfox
11-03-18, 17:15
If I gave you a slightly modified version of PowerTimer.py (that recorded why it wasn't going into DeepStandby) would you be able to run it?

Sure, no problem

dfox
11-03-18, 17:15

Sure, no problem

birdman
11-03-18, 17:19
Sure, no problemOK. I'll test it works as I expect before posting it....

dfox
11-03-18, 17:55
OK. I'll test it works as I expect before posting it....

No bother mate

dfox
11-03-18, 18:13
OK. I'll test it works as I expect before posting it....

No bother mate

birdman
11-03-18, 20:30
Here's a debug version of PowerTimer.py

This needs to go into /usr/lib/enigma2/python (take a copy of the PowerTimer.pyo which is already there, so you can put that back in place when you delete the PowerTimer.py after testing).

You also need to enable debug logs (if you don't have them on) and restart the GUI (to bring the new code into use). Then wait until you think the box should have shutdown and look at the debug log.
It should contain entries that say why it has backed-off the shutdown, like this:

< 10628.704> [GML] ADS backoff - Clients streams active
< 11386.693> [GML] ADS backoff - Recording
< 12096.837> [GML] ADS backoff - Not in standby for auto

dfox
12-03-18, 13:19
Here's a debug version of PowerTimer.py

This needs to go into /usr/lib/enigma2/python (take a copy of the PowerTimer.pyo which is already there, so you can put that back in place when you delete the PowerTimer.py after testing).

You also need to enable debug logs (if you don't have them on) and restart the GUI (to bring the new code into use). Then wait until you think the box should have shutdown and look at the debug log.
It should contain entries that say why it has backed-off the shutdown, like this:

< 10628.704> [GML] ADS backoff - Clients streams active
< 11386.693> [GML] ADS backoff - Recording
< 12096.837> [GML] ADS backoff - Not in standby for auto

Ok thanks, I will look at this later on after work.

Thanks

dfox
13-03-18, 21:10
Birdman I have sent you the debug logs.

thanks

birdman
19-03-18, 21:59
I now know what the problem is (at least I think I do....).

It appears that if you change a repeating timer to an autorepeat one the repeating part is left in place (just confirmed that now). But part of the PowerTimer.py code assumed it would be 0 (my fault from a change some time ago).

I'll get that fixed (done, but need to test it)- and also:

ensure that the back-off time for autorepeat timers is never set to more than the autorepeat (currently it can be, up to 30mins)
look at why Deleteing a running timer just disables it - you have to Delete them twice

birdman
20-03-18, 02:51
I'll get that fixed (done, but need to test it)- and also:

ensure that the back-off time for autorepeat timers is never set to more than the autorepeat (currently it can be, up to 30mins)
look at why Deleteing a running timer just disables it - you have to Delete them twice

The first item is actually incorrect - an auto-repeat timer actually never needs to back-off, as it will get resubmitted anyway (I think - still need to test this).
I've got a fix for the second item.

birdman
20-03-18, 20:59
It appears that if you change a repeating timer to an autorepeat one the repeating part is left in place (just confirmed that now). But part of the PowerTimer.py code assumed it would be 0 (my fault from a change some time ago).Actually the problem lies elsewhere (so not my fault). However, the bit I wrote can be improved....
I just need the time with the TV available to test things....hopefully tomorrow evening.

birdman
21-03-18, 03:26
Actually the problem lies elsewhere (so not my fault). However, the bit I wrote can be improved....
I just need the time with the TV available to test things....hopefully tomorrow evening.I managed to do it without needing the TV and it all seems to work. So I have three sets of fixes, which I'll submit today (this evening).

birdman
21-03-18, 23:28
Well, here's one. This fixes that actual problem reported by the OP.

https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/pull/240More to follow. Some more tidying up ideas have appeared....

birdman
22-03-18, 01:14

This fix sets the back-off time for autorepeat timers to the autorepeat time (which is what it should be).
It also simplifies the actual resetting of the time by moving it into the do_backoff() function.

https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/pull/242

birdman
22-03-18, 02:09
More to follow. Some more tidying up ideas have appeared....This one ensures that all auto* repeating timers start repeating from the time enigfma2 starts up (well, 30s later) rather than first wating for anything left over from the last enigma2 run.

https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/pull/243
This, and pull 242 mentioned above, should mean that auto[deep]standby timers will now be activated in at most the repeat time (after inactivity/standby setting as appropriate).

dfox
22-03-18, 21:29
This one ensures that all auto* repeating timers start repeating from the time enigfma2 starts up (well, 30s later) rather than first wating for anything left over from the last enigma2 run.

https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/pull/243
This, and pull 242 mentioned above, should mean that auto[deep]standby timers will now be activated in at most the repeat time (after inactivity/standby setting as appropriate).

Thanks Birdman