PDA

View Full Version : Flashing front display

poundy
26-01-11, 00:32
What is the significance of this please?
Two successive evenings come back to find timer recording set for BBC HD 2100 not worked.
Front display flashing but when try to access anything the vix logo just spins. Thirty mins later need to reboot by power off.
Time shift was on but now disabled.
Vix 1.3 and uptodate. USB swapfile ok. Nothing in crash log
Everything else seems ok
Records ok manually and prev recordings ok so assume hdd ok
Other timed recordings at night seemed ok.

What else can I do?
Wife really hacked off that missed both episodes of silent witness and wants s**+ box back. I am in big trouble!

Sicilian
26-01-11, 07:16
Receiver might just have been in need of a reboot.

Leave PTS disabled for a while and see if your recordings work correctly again.

pooface
26-01-11, 07:40
As for silent witness, it's usually repeated in BBC HD channel towards the weekend I think...

Have you tried putting swap on hdd to see if it helps at all?

Sent from my HTC Desire Z

poundy
26-01-11, 07:48
thanks - had disabled pts after second failed recording and the box obv was hard rebooted only 24 hrs prev. Do people reg have to hard reboot their boxes??

does the flashing display signify anything - hadnt seen this before, nor any reports

recording in night seems to have worked

poundy
26-01-11, 07:51
pooface - yes it is repeated on hd tonight I think thanks

I thought the swap file was supposed to be better on the usb disk so that hdd wasnt being constantly accessed (esp if recording to hdd at same time?)

no issues prev and nothing installed in last 2 weeks or so

Donnie
26-01-11, 11:21
You may have a corruption somewhere, for what it is worth I would reflash the box again.

fintannl
26-01-11, 14:07
to be honest setting up a cron task for reboot is no harm. i have it setup for 4am each morning and i find that since i have done this i really don't have any hassle with the box during the day. its a good way to clean-out the system

poundy
26-01-11, 15:04
fintannl - that sounds useful, but never having done it, how do I go about that. No problem with ftp/editing files etc but what roughly do I need to do??