PDA

View Full Version : [Mut@nt] HD51 Can't find image back up

Willmoore
02-03-18, 18:29
When doing an image back up - it goes through the process and after several mins it creates the zip and finishes. For a split second it shows in the back up file (/media/usb) on screen but then disappears.
Using Filezilla i look in /media/usb/imagebackups and it's not there.
I have looked around in other files (HDD etc) but no joy.
Any idea what's happening ?

ccs
02-03-18, 18:40
If you press menu when in imagebackups, it tells you where you are storing the backups.

Willmoore
02-03-18, 18:45
It shows /media/usb and this is where it briefly shows. But it then seems to immediately delete it.
If i save a settings back up - no problem.

Willo3092
02-03-18, 18:51
I've had this problem before on the HD51 but unfortunately I never got to the bottom of what was causing it.
After the backup completes the zip is shown in Image Manager for about a second and then it disappears.
I don't think it's specific to the image or build version because my problem was with build number 5.1.008 (or thereabouts) and a reflash of the same image sorted it.
It must be just a quirk that happens now and again.

Just to clarify, mine was set to backup to an internal ext4 ssd /media/hdd/imagebackups/

twol
02-03-18, 18:56
Can you turn on debug logs and then post.....imagemanager is quite good at recording what happens.....if not perhaps I can add some code to checkout.
But 1st just try changing and then returning to /media/usb in menu to ensure it really does recognise the location.

Willmoore
02-03-18, 18:56
I've had this problem before on the HD51 but unfortunately I never got to the bottom of what was causing it.
After the backup completes the zip is shown in Image Manager for about a second and then it disappears.
I don't think it's specific to the image or build version because my problem was with build number 5.1.008 (or thereabouts) and a reflash of the same image sorted it.
It must be just a quirk that happens now and again.

Thanks - I'll try a re-flash.

Willmoore
02-03-18, 18:58
Can you turn on debug logs and then post.....imagemanager is quite good at recording what happens.....if not perhaps I can add some code to checkout.
But 1st just try changing and then returning to /media/usb in menu to ensure it really does recognise the location.

I'll try that first (when the other half isn't watching the tv)

Willmoore
02-03-18, 19:57

Tried changing and returning to /media/usb but no joy.

cactikid
02-03-18, 20:01
on other boxes i used to save to internal hdd but backup wanted to be saved to usb until usb removed when powered off.

twol
02-03-18, 20:10
Tried changing and returning to /media/usb but no joy.

Nothing in log for ImageManager apart from the Autostart ... when you have time just do a restart, run Imagemanager and then restart and post Log.

Willmoore
02-03-18, 20:36
Nothing in log for ImageManager apart from the Autostart ... when you have time just do a restart, run Imagemanager and then restart and post Log.

Just to clarify.
1) Re-boot
2) Make an Image back up (or try to)
3) Re-boot again
4) Post log as before

twol
02-03-18, 22:39
Just to clarify.
1) Re-boot
2) Make an Image back up (or try to)
3) Re-boot again
4) Post log as before
Yes .....:)

Willmoore
03-03-18, 10:55
It generated 2 so i have attached both

ccs
03-03-18, 12:28
adding: hd51/ (stored 0%)
adding: hd51/disk.img
zip I/O error: No space left on device
zip error: Output file write failure (write error on zip file)

twol
03-03-18, 12:32
It generated 2 so i have attached both
adding: hd51/ (stored 0%)
adding: hd51/disk.img
zip I/O error: No space left on device
zip error: Output file write failure (write error on zip file)

The problem is that ViX creates an eMMC disk image which can take up a lot of space - especially when all 4 partitions have images flashed (its a 4GB eMMC) ..... and yours is just the 1st partition! ... then it zips the image (which is quite big).
So you need a larger usb or one that has more space on it (not sure what else is on the usb)

Willmoore
03-03-18, 12:50
On the usb - picons - epg - image/settings backup.
My first thought was space so I deleted 6 image back ups and about 10 setting s backups. But it made no difference. I'll try formatting it and starting again.