PDA

View Full Version : Any new model of VU+ DUO coming?

samad
25-01-11, 23:36
So do we get to see a new VU+ DUO in the future? What new features would you like the box to have?

Lets see.

pooface
25-01-11, 23:41
Would be nice eh! Let's keep our fingers crossed for one to come out soon :)

I would prefer one that has a nice big lcd display... Faster processor, blind scan, 4:2:2 support, and more in built flash space...

jusaju
26-01-11, 00:15
Yep

All what pooface said and especially hardware blind scan ,super fast and accurate of course within 1 MHz steps(also dvb-s2) ,4:2:2 as an old feedhunter I would appreciate them.

Real PIP, capability to lock in low symbol rates (and what ever).

Well,well,well (duffy) There will not be a receiver like this.
But we can inform our wishes to ....

And have to remember that rumours about new Vu has been since last summer...why,just think about it ?

(when Dmm is announcing something it will come to market in 1-2 year delay)

samad
26-01-11, 00:21
Sorry guys but I am not that good with the sat terminology but what is "blind scan"??

One feature I really would want to see it is, an improvement for media streaming. Like it should work more easily like wdtv live, like it finds the network PC's and shared folders can be streamed.

I know it can be done in current vu+ but its bit hard , I never accomplished doing it :-/

jusaju
26-01-11, 00:43
Hi
And sorry about my english :)

Blind scan is basically that you scan a satellite and find also transmissions which are not pre-programmed in receiver.
So all transmissions which are on air from that satellite atm when scanning.

Also good thing if you can limit symbol rates when scanning (like under/over 7500,etc )

As I am interested this only as a satellite receiver...all extra is only a plus.(well I like the extra also and I did not buy this as a blind scanner

but a well working sat-receiver)

And Itīs fuoking well working sat receiver with good support.

niteman1969
26-01-11, 22:03
Hmmm, lets see.....

Plug and Play tuner support with at least one extra tuner slot for a dvb-t tuner (yes I know you can use a usb one)
Some kind of BBC red button support.
Catch-up tv plugin - iplayer, itvplayer, 4od and Five on demand.
Fastest Processor within cost restraints...

If i only had millions of pounds I would develop something like a pc based enigma2 stack with
a sat mobo built on maybe a dual core atom processor, nvidia onboard graphics and 1gb flash
and 2-3gb ram dual tuners etc etc... just wishful thinking.

Larry-G
26-01-11, 22:22
your never going to get any kind of professional bbc red button support without a bbc endorsed receiver.