PDA

View Full Version : [TM-NANO-SE] Tuner hiccups!

Piranha
27-02-18, 08:54
1. Since updating to 5.1.018, there have been several instances of the following behaviour:

A. Whilst watching any channel, when a timer starts the box switches (unbidden) to the recording channel. Timers are never set to ‘zap and record’, so this behaviour is unexpected.

B. Furthermore, following the switch to the recording channel, any attempt to change channel brings up a nag-box (can’t remember exact wording) to the effect that the channel cannot be changed as that tuner is recording. In effect a ‘No free tuner’ message.

C. Quick check in Signal finder shows no signal reading for either tuner.

2. Preferred tuner for recordings is set to ‘auto’, as always.

3. A box reboot brings back both tuners as normal, recording continues and the other tuner is then available.

4. Only recent change is the skin - now using Simple Ten Eighty instead of the old OpenViX Blue HD.

5. Not an important issue, unless affecting others, but irritating!

6. Anyone else noticed this behaviour recently?

ronand
27-02-18, 10:28
A possibility is that someone has hacked in and is using one of the tuners. Check the streaming clients info.

Piranha
01-03-18, 18:59
A possibility is that someone has hacked in and is using one of the tuners. Check the streaming clients info.

Murphy’s Law prevails - I can’t replicate the issue! If it happens again I’ll check the Streaming Clients info!

Many thanks!

IAmATeaf
02-03-18, 21:44
I’m getting something similar with my et10000. Occurs when for example I have 2 recordings active and then change to a channel which should be greyed out as there no free tuners but for some reason it allows me to change, I then get a blank screen, switching to the 2 recording channels also results in a blank screen and a tune failed message. Only option then is to restart the box after which the recordings start and the non selectable channels are then greyed out.

Sicilian
03-03-18, 08:43
Guys, we need logs and steps to replicate.