PDA

View Full Version : Videobitrate issue

RimaNTSS
25-02-18, 10:47
Hi all happy GB-users. I started my GB-life > than 5 years ago after I purchased first GBQuad (advertised and sold as 1gbit line capable :confused: ). That receiver had many bugs, including the fact of not showing videobitrate. My second GB receiver was also quad, namely GB Quad Plus (still in use) and it is also not showing videobitrate readings. Last week I got GB UHD Quad 4k. And my first discovery was- it does not show videobitrate. I've tried all available bitrate-plugins *but no success. This issue annoys me. Appreciate if somebody can shed the light and give some advice. Maybe I am doing something wrong? On the attached screenshots on different plugins videobitrate reading is absolute 0. 56208 http://pimg.imagesia.com/fichiers/1fw/screenhunter-560-feb-25-09-34_imagesia-com_1fw01_small.jpg (http://en.imagesia.com/screenhunter-560-feb-25-09-34_1fw01)http://pimg.imagesia.com/fichiers/1fw/screenhunter-561-feb-25-09-34_imagesia-com_1fw02_small.jpg (http://en.imagesia.com/screenhunter-561-feb-25-09-34_1fw02)

twol
25-02-18, 11:00
Have to say it has only ever interested me when working out issues on my mediaplayers ...... what have you been using to display the videobitrates?? I would be surprised if any E2 receiver would display this information directly, but have you ever go this to work?

RimaNTSS
25-02-18, 11:10
I am not sure whether it is allowed in this forum to mention other brands, but, for example Dreambox does this task easily.
I like to see what is videobitrate of the channels, it allows to compare quality.

adm
25-02-18, 12:52
Have to say it has only ever interested me when working out issues on my mediaplayers ...... what have you been using to display the videobitrates?? I would be surprised if any E2 receiver would display this information directly, but have you ever go this to work?

For info only
Vix 5.1.018, Skin Vix-Night-HD - Menu -> Plugins -> Extensions -> bitrate (2.0+git16) works for me on an Extrend ET10000

twol
25-02-18, 13:25
For info only
Vix 5.1.018, Skin Vix-Night-HD - Menu -> Plugins -> Extensions -> bitrate (2.0+git16) works for me on an Extrend ET10000

Didn't know it existed!!
Anyway runs perfectly on both my HD51 and Giga4K, so not sure what problem RimaNTSS is seeing. (plugin issue??)

Trial
25-02-18, 19:14
Hi,
I think it does not work on new ARM boxes. I will check later. On my Solo2 it also works.

@RimaNTSS: ask the skin author I think a converter is missing or not working.

ciao

twol
25-02-18, 20:12
Hi,
I think it does not work on new ARM boxes. I will check later. On my Solo2 it also works.

@RimaNTSS: ask the skin author I think a converter is missing or not working.

ciao

Both my arm boxes work with this plugin:)

RimaNTSS
25-02-18, 20:28
I am lost now! :(
Does that mean that GB Quad 4k can show videobitrate reading? Which image and skin then I should install?
And, what is ARM box?

twol
25-02-18, 20:43
Both the HD51 and the Giga4K use Arm processors compared to Mips processors on older receivers.
The bitrate plugin post #4, should display on any skin unless it lands on top of the pig, in which case you might not see much.
If its any help currently running the Simple 1080 skin on the giga4K, Magic FHD on the HD51

Edit: just ran the plugin whilst typing and currently its not showing the video bit rate (only audio)... which it was earlier today.
Strange, will play around tomorrow .... cannot do anything further tonight, my wife would get upset!

adm
25-02-18, 20:49
And, what is ARM box?

If you look at the specification for the box in the link below
https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/satellite-and-terrestrial/digital-receivers/vu-plus/VU-Plus-Solo-4K
you will see that the processor it uses is: 1500 MHz Dual Core ARM Processor

Does that mean that GB Quad 4k can show videobitrate reading? Which image and skin then I should install?

You could try the image and skin that works on my box, albeit not the same box as yours.
Vix 5.1.018,
Skin = Vix-Night-HD

http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php/downloads/gigablue-images/

RimaNTSS
25-02-18, 20:54
Thanks! Will play around different images and skins tomorrow.

Trial
25-02-18, 21:22
Hi,
I checked and it is really working on 4k boxes now it was different a year ago.

The thread starter only looked at the bottom right in his skin. He can also look at the feed of his image if there is a plugin called bitrate viewer which we all used.

Ciao

Gesendet von meinem FDR-A01L mit Tapatalk

RimaNTSS
25-02-18, 21:41
look at the feed of his image if there is a plugin called bitrate viewer which we all used. In my post #1 second and third pictures represent readings from 2 different bitratevievers plugins which I have downloaded from image feed. However, it is not VIX image used. Will try to install VIX tomorrow and see how it goes.

twol
25-02-18, 21:49
so it is working on the HD51 but currently not on the Giga4K ... although I am sure I carried out the same test this afternoon and it was fine ... will try tomorrow!

RimaNTSS
26-02-18, 15:27
So, tried latest VIX image today. Videobitrate did not work. Also did not manage CAM CI+ module to work. So, went to another image, but videobitrate is as always 0. I think it is dead-end, will not experiment anymore, just use as it is. 56216

RimaNTSS
02-03-18, 15:03
I've decided to contact GigaBlue directly. And got the answer next day!
That what they wrote

Dear,

Thank you for your mail and for choosing Gigablue

We will take care of this problem and fix it at the next driver update

We apologize for this little problem. please give us time, I think in a week will be fixed

If you have further complaints please write us

we will take care of it

Mit freundlichen Grüßen - Best Regards

Fikret Kosar / CEO

twol
02-03-18, 15:31
I've decided to contact GigaBlue directly. And got the answer next day!
That what they wrote

Dear,

Thank you for your mail and for choosing Gigablue

We will take care of this problem and fix it at the next driver update

We apologize for this little problem. please give us time, I think in a week will be fixed

If you have further complaints please write us

we will take care of it

Fikret Kosar / CEO

Great! ... will watch this space:)
At minimum they responded ... which is a real positive.

RimaNTSS
02-03-18, 16:01
I like their customer-service. Some years ago I bricked my GigaBlue, so they've said to send it to them, which I did. They fixed it and sent back to me and even did not take any shipment money!
Another issue I asked them to fix is the issue of signal level reading.
They also answered to that question:

Dear Mr. Rimants,

we have already been busy for the signal strength we have seen this problem, it is due to Platform of BCM.

we have already contacted BCM about it

With the new platform this problem should be eliminated

Because of videobitrate this morning I was looking for errors

because of videobitrate, our driver should be adapted to PLI

It will not take long, I think next week will be done

It is very nice that you contact us directly

this will help us to solve the problems quickly

Fikret Kosar / CEO

RimaNTSS
03-03-18, 12:20
I have received an e-mail from GB at 3AM last night (unbelievable, they worked so late Friday!).
Part of the message was:

We solved Videobitrate problem. Please install bitrate (2.0) plugin from plugin server, activate the plugin.
If you retrieve infopannel You will see Videobirate on the screen. I have tested with teamblueimage running synonymous with hd_glas16 skin

So, I've flashed my box with latest (March 3rd) image from teamBlue, installed bitrate plugin from the server. And..... videobitrate still 0. Then I've installed my favorite skin which is HDglass16 and it also did not show any sign of videobitrate.
Maybe I am doing something wrong?! I just wander when new driver will be integrated in images? 56266

twol
03-03-18, 12:23
I have received an e-mail from GB at 3AM last night (unbelievable, they worked so late Friday!).
Part of the message was:

We solved Videobitrate problem. Please install bitrate (2.0) plugin from plugin server, activate the plugin.
If you retrieve infopannel You will see Videobirate on the screen. I have tested with teamblueimage running synonymous with hd_glas16 skin

So, I've flashed my box with latest (March 3rd) image from teamBlue, installed bitrate plugin from the server. And..... videobitrate still 0. Then I've installed my favorite skin which is HDglass16 and it also did not show any sign of videobitrate.
Maybe I am doing something wrong?! I just wander when new driver will be integrated in images? 56266

Well there was another driver update yesterday, which may not have been in your image ......

RimaNTSS
03-03-18, 13:36
Well there was another driver update yesterday, which may not have been in your image ...... Yes, but I downloaded latest image this morning. On the attached picture it is red-underlined.56268

ccs
03-03-18, 13:38
On ViX, menu/information/about gives you the driver details and date. Could be similar on teamBlue.

twol
03-03-18, 13:56
Well just installed ViX image with very latest drivers and bitrate viewer 2.0 and I also get 0‘s ... and there is nothing in teamblues E2 image that would make this any different

RimaNTSS
03-03-18, 14:11
So, then we should wait some time till drivers are updated on all images. I have sent an e-mail to GB about situation.