PDA

View Full Version : No EPG for Terrestrial tuner

Dan123
24-02-18, 19:02
Hi - I am setting up a new Fornuler F1 Box and with 2 Satellite tuners and 1 Terrestrial tuner.
Channels are tuned in ok and the EPG for the freesat channels is working.

The EPG for the terrestrial channels (Saorview Ireland) is blank.

Any ideas why the terrestrial EPG is blank even though the channels are tuned in

Thanks

ccs
24-02-18, 19:19
Try tuning into a terrestrial channel and see if the epg populates (could take a while).

Sicilian
24-02-18, 19:25
Hi - I am setting up a new Fornuler F1 Box and with 2 Satellite tuners and 1 Terrestrial tuner.
Channels are tuned in ok and the EPG for the freesat channels is working.

The EPG for the terrestrial channels (Saorview Ireland) is blank.

Any ideas why the terrestrial EPG is blank even though the channels are tuned in

Thanks

What image are you using exactly?

Dan123
24-02-18, 19:42
When you say tune in - do you mean manually tune ?
I have re-tuned many times but only a blank EPG on terrestrial :confused:

Dan123
24-02-18, 19:45
Team ViX 5.1.018

adm
24-02-18, 19:57
When you say tune in do you mean manually tune ?
I have re-tuned many times but only a blank EPG on terrestrial :confused:

Menu - setup -> EPG -> Settings -> Enable EIT EPG = yes

I have both UK terrestrial and UK satellite and usually the terrestrial EPG is blank until I select a TV channel to watch and then go back into the Freeview bouquet with the guide button to find that it is now fully populated. It is as if when switching between satellite and terrestrial the new EPG is not loaded from file until certain terrestrial activities have taken place. The complete EPG must be in the file as the full EPG appears instantly when pressing the guide button for the second time.

Dan123
24-02-18, 21:19
Menu - setup -> EPG -> Settings -> Enable EIT EPG = yes

I have both UK terrestrial and UK satellite and usually the terrestrial EPG is blank until I select a TV channel to watch and then go back into the Freeview bouquet with the guide button to find that it is now fully populated. It is as if when switching between satellite and terrestrial the new EPG is not loaded from file until certain terrestrial activities have taken place. The complete EPG must be in the file as the full EPG appears instantly when pressing the guide button for the second time.

Your a genius ! That appears to have worked .. was just about to factory reset and start again ! ... many Thanks :)

abu baniaz
24-02-18, 21:27
You can alsi set up EPG refresh to perform a fake recording on a daily basis so that tge system absorbs EPG data off the signal stream regularly.