PDA

View Full Version : How to Change Network MAC settings?

danny121pt
23-02-18, 09:03
Hi, I use Stalker-QT plugin and normally on other images change NETWORK MAC to one start with 00:1A:79 (i.e stalker macs)

On OpenVIX there is no setting in Network settings like OpenATV/PureE2/OpenDroid/HDF.

Just wondering if I am overlooking a menu setting somewhere, or if any knows how to change MAC to what I want on on OpenVIX please.

For use of Stalker-QT.

Thanks.

twol
23-02-18, 11:02
Hi, I use Stalker-QT plugin and normally on other images change NETWORK MAC to one start with 00:1A:79 (i.e stalker macs)

On OpenVIX there is no setting in Network settings like OpenATV/PureE2/OpenDroid/HDF.

Just wondering if I am overlooking a menu setting somewhere, or if any knows how to change MAC to what I want on on OpenVIX please.

For use of Stalker-QT.

Thanks.

Why? Stalker-QT gives you the receivers MAC address and you can (I assume) add this device to your account on the providers WEB site .
.. or are you trying to use the same MAC address across multiple devices??

danny121pt
23-02-18, 11:39
Why? Stalker-QT gives you the receivers MAC address and you can (I assume) add this device to your account on the providers WEB site .
.. or are you trying to use the same MAC address across multiple devices??

Yes, use same mac for one on few devices.

Its not a problem, just thought was going mad, as I swear it used be in settings, but remember last time I run it via SSH and a script.

birdman
23-02-18, 11:44
Yes, use same mac for one on few devices.You can't have multiple interfaces with the same MAC (on the same network segment...). It's the unique identifier for device communication.

danny121pt
23-02-18, 11:48
You can't have multiple interfaces with the same MAC (on the same network segment...). It's the unique identifier for device communication.

You can when the MAC address for other things is an emulator in an app, not for an actual device, I know what I am doing with MAC had 4 mag portals all starting 00:1A:79 on network mac across 4 multiboot images (basically to see speed of switching images, load a portal, and use 4 portals)

Just wanted to know if the setting menu was hidden or anywhere (as menus changed since last used Vix), if not Ill just do script.

danny121pt
23-02-18, 12:11
Sorted, established it not in menus.

run a script.

Thread closed.