PDA

View Full Version : Mutant hd51 EPG delay

attewell
23-02-18, 06:20
I have just brought and updated my mutant to latest openvix

But when I press my GUIDE button. The EPG will take 1.5 seconds to show.

I had a VU SOLO2 before this. And didn’t notice such a delay..

Is this a openvix bug or something to do with mutant?

Ashley69
23-02-18, 06:38
I must have a different remote because I do not have a guide button on mine.
Where is your epg stored?

twol
23-02-18, 07:42
I have just brought and updated my mutant to latest openvix

But when I press my GUIDE button. The EPG will take 1.5 seconds to show.

I had a VU SOLO2 before this. And didn’t notice such a delay..

Is this a openvix bug or something to do with mutant?

Do you have picons in the epg display, if so that might be the issue.

attewell
23-02-18, 10:56
I must have a different remote because I do not have a guide button on mine.
Where is your epg stored?

Sorry yes EPG button.. tried storing in internal flash & on hard drive.. no difference..

Do you have picons in the epg display, if so that might be the issue.

Yes I do have picons.. but turning off made no difference?

twol
23-02-18, 11:08
Both my epg and picons are on a usb stick ... I try to keep away from storing anything in flash and the same for HDD (apart from recordings & images) as you can get delays with the HDD spinning up

attewell
24-02-18, 23:52
Both my epg and picons are on a usb stick ... I try to keep away from storing anything in flash and the same for HDD (apart from recordings & images) as you can get delays with the HDD spinning up

How do you set EPG & Picons to go on USB stick?

adm
25-02-18, 00:32
How do you set EPG & Picons to go on USB stick?

EPG
Menu - > setup -> EPG -> Settings -> EPG location. The options will be flash memory or hard disk or USB device (sdb1), assuming you have the latter two fitted to your box.

Picon (one way but not the only way)
Menu -> Plugins -> press green to download plugins -> then picons and select which set you want - if in the UK the first in the list may be ok for you
After confirming that you want to download you should be given the option as to where you want them, again assuming both a hard disk and USB device you will be gien 3 options - the names of your hard disk and USB stick may be a bit cyptic. After download restart the GUI (hold down the on/off button on your remote and select that option from the menu that appears)

However you may/will need to first get rid of the picons on your hard disk assuming that is where you placed them already. The box looks for a folder called picon and on finding a folder of this name on the hard disk and another on the USB device it will probably pick the former.
Menu -> Plugins -> press red to remove plugins -> then picons and select the set you previously loaded.
Do this first before downloading a new set or a set to be placed on the USB device.

twol
25-02-18, 08:02
You must make sure the picon folder is only present on one media, so delete from flash/HDD and only on the usb (I always use filezilla to copy to the usb) ...Enigma will look and find them, which is why its so important to remove any other copies.