PDA

View Full Version : USB Hard drive

DigitalAardvark
22-02-18, 18:32
I am wanting to store more recordings than my internal HDD will hold so I am thinking of getting a USB HDD. Is there a size limit on the USB connection. Any suggestions of make as well would be appreciated.

Andy_Hazza
22-02-18, 18:59
Personally I would go bigger internally. What HDD capacity do you have in at present?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DigitalAardvark
22-02-18, 19:19
Hi, 2TB HDD internally . 80% full with Films and Childrens recordings.
Thought that I would transfer the films to a USB external drive and only connect when we have a film evening.

cactikid
22-02-18, 21:51
interesting issue as had many people having issues using usb hdd setup correctly,maybe better to use a desktop powered externally?

tpmm
03-11-18, 23:29
Personally I would go bigger internally. What HDD capacity do you have in at present?

Hi - I see that you have a 3TB HDD in your VU+ Ultimo 4K, can you tell me which HDD it is please. I was looking at getting a 2TB WD Blue WD20SPZX, 2.5" HDD, SATA III 6Gb/s, 5400rpm, 128MB Cache for my 4K - it has a height of 7mm. But I would like to know if there are any larger capacity HDDs that will both fit and work in the 4K. Thanks.

Andy_Hazza
04-11-18, 06:19
I have a WD Red 3TB HDD (3.5”) in my Vu+ Ultimo 4K. I had a couple knocking around from a NAS, so put them to good use. [emoji4]

adm
04-11-18, 11:22
Hi - I see that you have a 3TB HDD in your VU+ Ultimo 4K, can you tell me which HDD it is please. I was looking at getting a 2TB WD Blue WD20SPZX, 2.5" HDD, SATA III 6Gb/s, 5400rpm, 128MB Cache for my 4K - it has a height of 7mm. But I would like to know if there are any larger capacity HDDs that will both fit and work in the 4K. Thanks.

When I last looked any 2.5" HDD above 2TB appeared to be physically double the height of 2TB and below. It's possibily the physical size that needs to be checked.