PDA

View Full Version : Are all boxes the same, interface wise?

A&S&O
21-02-18, 22:16
This might seem a controversial question to you experts, but do all boxes running Enigma / ViX look the same, user interface wise and have the same capabilities?

Do they all have the same EPG, setup, record / playback appearances / interfaces?

I've recently bought an Xtrend 8500 (finding it quite complicated after the easy to use Topfield) and am looking to get an additional box for a different room (probably saving recordings centrally). As the Xtrend has been reduced, I didn't know whether to get another one of those, or go for something different. I did intend to use the Xtrend as the Master device for recording and playback in one room and get get a cheap playback box for use in a different room.

I realise there is a difference in picture quality - HD, 4k etc.

thanks

twol
21-02-18, 22:34
Basically Yes. Some receivers have some additional features like Kodi, hardware transcoding, multiboot, LCD skins .. but the main image features are the same.

Sicilian
22-02-18, 07:24
The Formuler F4 Turbo would make an excellent client box. Really nice solid receiver. Excellent quality. Metal chassis and lid, comes with loads of accessories https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/formuler/formuler-f4-turbo

Provided both on your network you can mount the HDD on the ET8500 to the client box. You could also install Channels importer plugin and import your channels and EPG from the main ET8500.