PDA

View Full Version : HD51 2nd Tuner

Andydo
18-02-18, 12:37
Hi, apologies if this falls into the 'should be obvious' category but I'm slowly getting my head around the technology. I think I've reduced my list of wanted receivers down to the HD51. Am I right in thinking that given my present setup of (pre Q) sky minidish and 8 way LNB there is little / no point in selecting the DVB-S2X tuner upgrade in WOS's tuner options?
Although I've no 4K tv I've settled on the 51 owing to it's newer (more future proof?) processor but am I limiting myself in other ways with this choice? My only real use is for FTA material and, if I can get my head around it, Kodi for streaming from a local NAS (I have a dedicated NUC for this anyway so it's not a requirement, more for a play)
Thanks
Andy

twol
18-02-18, 12:57
The only thing that I would add is that the S2x tuner is more sensitive and may in some situations provide better future proofing ... for the difference in price I would go with the S2x, although I would admit you are not likely see any difference if you are UK based and just receiving 28.2E.
Apart from some issues for those with motorised setups, it‘s a good receiver.