PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo4K] Video corruption

lscolman
14-02-18, 15:48
Following update to 5.1.016, when playing back MKV files I am seeing odd video corruption. The corruption appears like flashes and coloured lines.

It's reproducible by accessing the menu system and then pressing Exit, but not always apparent.

I did notice there was a known issue in the previous with video set on HDR, which had a fix?

Anyone else experiencing this?

Cheers, Lee

zino
18-02-18, 15:24
Following update to 5.1.016, when playing back MKV files I am seeing odd video corruption. The corruption appears like flashes and coloured lines.

It's reproducible by accessing the menu system and then pressing Exit, but not always apparent.

I did notice there was a known issue in the previous with video set on HDR, which had a fix?

Anyone else experiencing this?

Cheers, Lee
Following update to 016, my Solo4K doesnt play many of my video files. They were working fine on 013.

lscolman
18-02-18, 19:19
Ah, thought that might only be me...
I’ll revert back to a previous version.
Thanks for the reply.
Cheers, Lee

zino
18-02-18, 21:07
Ah, thought that might only be me...
I’ll revert back to a previous version.
Thanks for the reply.
Cheers, Lee

Let's hope the vix team fixes this issue on the next update for the Solo 4K

twol
18-02-18, 21:12
Let's hope the vix team fixes this issue on the next update for the Solo 4K
If this is to do with the Vu+ HDR driver change then it will only be fixable by Vu+

zino
20-02-18, 01:06
If this is to do with the Vu+ HDR driver change then it will only be fixable by Vu+

Don't know what is causing some videos to not play anymore, nor who is responsible. All I know is, I upgraded frm 013 to 016 and some videos don't play anymore, normal mkv/mp4 files that work on 013. Upgraded to 018 today and problem still exists so went back to 013.

Also noticed memory usage is "unstable" on 016 & 018.
on my Solo4K memory used has always been between 60-75%. barely fluctuating.

with updates 016 and 018 it was 20% then 90% fluctuating jumping low to high a lot.

ToMaJo
20-02-18, 12:15
Hi

I have a similar problem with OpenViX 014 and 016 : some MKV files play only sound and subtitles, other MKV's play without problems.

I went back to the 5.1.002 version and every MKV file plays OK.

I tried a fresh install from USB with 5.1.016 and the problem still occurred.

Also sometimes after trying to play a "problem" MKV the normal tuner picture does not return (black screen) but the menu's and info bar are still visible. This problem is gone after a reboot.

I didn't try the latest version 018 but according to the info above it looks like it has the same problems.

.... I forgot : the problems are occurring only with set nr. 1.