PDA

View Full Version : Vu+ Solo SE V2 - Genuine or Clone.

sundancer
14-02-18, 00:13
I have picked up a Vu+ Solo SE V2 on eBay for next to nothing.

I'm guessing it was sold as most of the Sky channels are no longer opening as it did have a gift line on it, which has since been removed. Just wondering if the Chinese ever made a Vu+ Solo SE V2 clone.

I know they made a copy of the first SE but not sure if they did with the V2. If they did what is the best way of checking whether its genuine or not, I'm not particularly bothered if it is a clone, although i am hoping its a genuine one as i don't really want to be messing about with trying to find images that will work on it if its a clone.

Any help with this would be appreciated :D

cactikid
14-02-18, 01:21
what image is on box?

sundancer
14-02-18, 08:35
It has VIX 4.2 if i remember correctly although i dont think that would make any difference as it was a box that came with a line when it was purchased by the previous owner which makes me think it wouldn't have been updated for fear of losing their TV.

To be honest i may just flash it and see what happens. If it bricks it i'll just send it back to the person i purchased it off as it was sold as a genuine box :D

You gotta love eBay sometimes :rofl:

Andy_Hazza
14-02-18, 09:49
Try ViX 5.1.013, if it works it won’t be a clone. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joysleep1
14-02-18, 11:37
Are there not other ways to tell,??

Serial numbers? or anything else surely?

Andy_Hazza
14-02-18, 12:16
When it sets on fire...... [emoji91]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sundancer
14-02-18, 22:24
Thats about as helpful as a kick in the nuts, but to be expected regarding the forums stance on clones.

Hopefully its genuine, we will have to wait and see :D

abu baniaz
14-02-18, 22:53
I dont think the se had clones.

wullboy
14-02-18, 22:57
I think the mello se was the clone of this box ??

sundancer
15-02-18, 00:28
Well what would you know. Thanks for the really useful Andy :D