PDA

View Full Version : best vix image for duo using iptv

jimbofz
11-02-18, 15:27
Hi im on build 4.1.016 and have tried to install ts media ,and kodi direct ,
i tried ts media then removed it,
as there must be a limit to how many addons the duo can handle
both of these addons i cant get to work ,is this because the image wants updating first ?
are the latest images more compatible with iptv
in light of the changes last year i thaught id give iptv a try would appreciate advice from other duo users thanks

Andy_Hazza
11-02-18, 16:29
The Duo is ancient, you would be best investing in a new receiver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimbofz
11-02-18, 16:37
ok point taken ,what would you recommend?
my duo has served its time , i know but its still good for my cs motorised set up and dual recordings ect

Andy_Hazza
11-02-18, 16:51
You could try the latest image and enable a swap file. At least you will have access to the latest plugins. Kodi Direct is no more btw, hasn’t been for a while.

jimbofz
12-02-18, 10:35
You could try the latest image and enable a swap file. At least you will have access to the latest plugins. Kodi Direct is no more btw, hasn’t been for a while.

thanks ,what is a swap file? is it a backup of chan list ect ?
so what plugin would you suggest to try?

Andy_Hazza
12-02-18, 11:13
No, a swap file helps a little as regards flash memory as you will find it runs like a dog without one. In all honestly though, the Duo was a good receiver in its day, but now there are better boxes on the market.

jimbofz
12-02-18, 14:28
No, a swap file helps a little as regards flash memory as you will find it runs like a dog without one. In all honestly though, the Duo was a good receiver in its day, but now there are better boxes on the market.

i assume then that the later boxes have a larger flash memory ,to cope with iptv ? is that correct ?
what reciever with dual tuners and enigma2 ,and latest spec would you suggest i should upgrade to?
your opinion i would appreciate

Ashley69
12-02-18, 15:19
Depends on your budget.

jimbofz
12-02-18, 16:44
up to £250 approx, must do what the vuduo does, but with stable iptv facility , any ideas?

twol
12-02-18, 16:58
up to £250 approx, must do what the vuduo does, but with stable iptv facility , any ideas?
Don't think you can expect a stable IPTV facility on an enigma receiver. Having said that I find the Stalker plugin/HD51 (this receiver only) pretty stable.

Andy_Hazza
12-02-18, 18:54
Also depends what you want from your IPTV. You want a simple method via a plugin or something that you will maintain via an editor like E-Channelizer?

jimbofz
13-02-18, 12:16
just want to achieve what the vuduo used to ,so a replacement that allows twin recordings, with motorised setup possible
and iptv for large selection of other chans .is the vu+ultimo a contender?

Andy_Hazza
13-02-18, 12:29
Have a look at the new Vu+ Uno SE 4K receiver. The Ultimo 4K is way above your £250 budget.

twol
13-02-18, 12:38
....... or for better use of your money, Giga UHD UE 4K :):)