PDA

View Full Version : [ET8x00] Xtrend box stuck on boot up

ddonlon
10-02-18, 17:04
Any idea what is wrong my box is stuck on the VIX logo its an xtrend 8500

ddonlon
10-02-18, 21:26
I can connect with Putty and have tried a few of the init commands, shutdown , reboot but still stops on vix logo

birdman
10-02-18, 21:30
The first problem is this:

< 403.010> File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/AutoTimer/AutoTimer.py", line 42, in <module>
< 403.011> ImportError: No module named Toolkit.SimpleThread
and that's a real problem as it should be there, so if it isn't you have a fundamental problem.
Look in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/, it should contain (amongst other things) SimpleThread.pyo.

Then it appears that something is trying to execute the log output itself, hence all of the later sh error reports.

Not sure how you generated the log, but it has DOS line ending, and all of the long-ish lines contain an extra 97 spaces in the middle of the line.

PS: in case anyone wonders, this is ViX 5.1.002.

ddonlon
11-02-18, 14:00
Filezilla will not connect I get the message below

Connection attempt failed with "ECONNREFUSED - Connection refused by server".

birdman
11-02-18, 18:57
Filezilla will not connect I get the message below

Connection attempt failed with "ECONNREFUSED - Connection refused by server".Connect with putty then:
cd /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/
lsto see what is there.

ddonlon
11-02-18, 19:51
Connect with putty then:
cd /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/
lsto see what is there.

Thanks Birdman, I got this from your command,

login as: root
root@et8500:~# login as: root
root@et8500:~# cd /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/
root@et8500:/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins# ls
AutoBouquetsMaker FanControl Satfinder __init__.pyo
CrossEPG PositionerSetup ViX
root@et8500:/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins#
Password:

birdman
12-02-18, 03:16
root@et8500:~# cd /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/
root@et8500:/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins# ls
AutoBouquetsMaker FanControl Satfinder __init__.pyo
CrossEPG PositionerSetup ViXWell, you seem to have various things missing from there.

This is what my et8000 has:

root@et8000:/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins# ls
AutoBouquetsMaker Hotplug Satfinder
CommonInterfaceAssignment MPHelp Toolkit
CrossEPG NetworkBrowser ViX
FanControl NetworkWizard WirelessLan
HdmiCEC PositionerSetup __init__.pyo
all of which are (I believe) standard.

All I can suggest is downloading an image and doing a fresh USB flash (with a restore of a backup - assuming you take them).

Also, your putty sessions are a little odd. It's almost as if you are echoing back what you receive, based on your original posting, and that fact that you have a phantom "login as: root" line, followed by a "Password:" prompt here.

ddonlon
12-02-18, 15:22
Well, you seem to have various things missing from there.

This is what my et8000 has:

root@et8000:/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins# ls
AutoBouquetsMaker Hotplug Satfinder
CommonInterfaceAssignment MPHelp Toolkit
CrossEPG NetworkBrowser ViX
FanControl NetworkWizard WirelessLan
HdmiCEC PositionerSetup __init__.pyo
all of which are (I believe) standard.

All I can suggest is downloading an image and doing a fresh USB flash (with a restore of a backup - assuming you take them).

Also, your putty sessions are a little odd. It's almost as if you are echoing back what you receive, based on your original posting, and that fact that you have a phantom "login as: root" line, followed by a "Password:" prompt here.

I tried to reflash but nothing happens , If I cannot do something trough putty then I am a bit stuck ,I have plenty of backups but not getting past the logo screen I cannot get to them
Could I take out the harddrive and do anything with that,

twol
12-02-18, 15:45
I tried to reflash but nothing happens , If I cannot do something trough putty then I am a bit stuck ,I have plenty of backups but not getting past the logo screen I cannot get to them
Could I take out the harddrive and do anything with that,

Try a few other usb sticks - preferably, old and small memory size - format FAT32 ... try removing everything bar the usb in the rear usb port and flash again.
see this tutorial for the ET8000:
http://www.openvix.co.uk/openvix-builds/Guides%20and%20Tutorials/Flashing%20Guides/Xtrend%20USB%20Flashing%20Guides/How%20to%20Flash%20a%20Xtrend%20ET8000%20receiver% 20by%20USB.pdf
Well, you could take out the harddrive and stick it in another receiver - but not helpful in solving current issue :)

ddonlon
13-02-18, 01:06
Try a few other usb sticks - preferably, old and small memory size - format FAT32 ... try removing everything bar the usb in the rear usb port and flash again.
see this tutorial for the ET8000:
http://www.openvix.co.uk/openvix-builds/Guides%20and%20Tutorials/Flashing%20Guides/Xtrend%20USB%20Flashing%20Guides/How%20to%20Flash%20a%20Xtrend%20ET8000%20receiver% 20by%20USB.pdf
Well, you could take out the harddrive and stick it in another receiver - but not helpful in solving current issue :)

Got I got the box to flash ,I was being a bit of a thicko ,I didn't spot the light flashing twice to flash when I pressed it when it was it started to flash and I used a backup, Thanks for all the help from everyone.

birdman
13-02-18, 02:09
Thanks for all the help from everyone.Well, there is the issue of what made the files disappear in the first place.·.. Not sure we'll ever track that down, but remember what happened here if you have a similar issue in the future.

ddonlon
15-02-18, 20:57
There is something that I cannot find out why or what is happening, my box is uploading a huge amount of data , I can see its up but what its doing not too sure where to or why.
I looked at Setup/Network/Utilities and there is a list of stuff that I dont know what they do but I was able to stop and disable autorun on them

twol
15-02-18, 21:11
Sounds like you have a port open on your router thats allowing people/systems to access your environment.

ddonlon
17-02-18, 12:52
Can i check and How do I stop it

ccs
17-02-18, 12:57
You need to login to your router and check the port forwarding settings.

ddonlon
17-02-18, 16:12
I am on a wireless broadband they dont let us log in to it I can ask them to look at it

Just phoned the provider but all I got was to change wifi password, my box is on a tp link , I can see the data use total moving up every few seconds

It is only happening for the last few weeks , is there any way to stop it happening from the box

Andy_Hazza
17-02-18, 18:24
What do you mean wireless Broadband? You still must have a router/hub at your property to access the net? Unless you mean you are pinching a neighbours internet via their Wifi password?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ddonlon
17-02-18, 18:47
no neighbours near me I'm out in the country, I'm on Imagine.ie wireless broadband ,its wireless to a mast and then they have a fibre cable , as soon as I plug the ethernet cable in ,it start sending data the last time .6 of a Gig in a few minutes I'm on a 20 Gig a day limit each day.

would a factory reset stop it

twol
17-02-18, 19:35
OK, its not that obvious from their WEB site(to me) how it works.
So between your receiver and their mast, is there some hub located nearby? what does your receiver actually conenct with?

Andy_Hazza
17-02-18, 19:42
Is your receiver connected wirelessly? Do you have a softcam (something like Mgcamd?) which may have a flakey config file?

ddonlon
21-02-18, 23:04
Is your receiver connected wirelessly? Do you have a softcam (something like Mgcamd?) which may have a flakey config file?

I do have one running (mgcamd 1.38) checked the box last night left the cable connected and it diidnt use any data, checked it again this evening and 4.6 gig uploaded

Ford1
21-02-18, 23:41
you must have some form of router in your house that your box connects to, you say it is plugged in to a tplink, what type of tplink is it? I suspect that someone is accessing your box through the internet and is streaming from your box, hense the upload amount.

Looking at their website, you must have an LTE HUB somewhere in your home, this would be your "router" and this is where you would need to check for any open ports.

ddonlon
22-02-18, 00:30
you must have some form of router in your house that your box connects to, you say it is plugged in to a tplink, what type of tplink is it? I suspect that someone is accessing your box through the internet and is streaming from your box, hense the upload amount.

Looking at their website, you must have an LTE HUB somewhere in your home, this would be your "router" and this is where you would need to check for any open ports.

It is the type below
The problem I have is that I cannot log in to router , I used to have Vodafone and I could , Imagine dont let anyone do it.
I can ask them on their helpdesk if there is a port open when i phone they can see what is going on.
To night I watched Champions league on a DTT signal and while it was on 4 Gig was uploaded

http://www.currys.ie/Product/TP-LINK-TL-PA4010-Powerline-Adapter-Kit-AV600-Twin-Pack/338558/400.7.7?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI-p-ouJO42QIVK7HtCh21ZQlPEAQYASABEgL35_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.dsthis

Ford1
22-02-18, 00:46
what are these tp links connected to? you must have access to YOUR hub, as they suggested YOU change the wifi password?

So I can only imagine you have a hub of some description in your property somewhere, as the LTE BROARDBAND supplied by your company is connecting to local exchange and then giving you broardband through your normal phoneline?

ddonlon
22-02-18, 00:54
what are these tp links connected to? you must have access to YOUR hub, as they suggested YOU change the wifi password?

So I can only imagine you have a hub of some description in your property somewhere, as the LTE BROARDBAND supplied by your company is connecting to local exchange and then giving you broardband through your normal phoneline?

Imagine have a portal that we connect to and can do limited stuff like change wifi ,look at bills we can log on anywhere to o this

adm
22-02-18, 02:09
Imagine have a portal that we connect to and can do limited stuff like change wifi ,look at bills we can log on anywhere to o this

You must have a router/hub in the system somewhere. The Imagine web site suggests your account must also include a phone service. What is your phone (or phone base station) connected to?

Ford1
22-02-18, 08:15

You are not answering the only question of any reference, WHAT are the tp links connected to?
also as ADM asks what is your phone connected to, after looking at he terms on imagine's web site, it clearly states they provide you with a router, this is where the problem will be. forget about any type of web portal, we need to know the physical hardware you have in use before anyone can help.

ccs
22-02-18, 12:55
Menu > Information > Streaming clients info will tell you if anyone is accessing your box from the internet.

ronand
22-02-18, 14:04
I have a similar setup with a different provider. There is no phone line involved - the router is connected to a 5.8GHz transceiver which is pointed at a base station on a nearby mountain. My provider gives me a shared IP address which makes it next to impossible to connect from the outside (I don't know imagine's policy on this). As ccs says check first for streaming clients. If there are none then disconnect the sat box from the router. If the uploading is still happening then it is something else on the network. A dodgy mgcamd config also springs to mind.

ddonlon
23-02-18, 23:58
Tp link on the box is connected to my router from Imagine , the ip address on the back brings up a log in page which I dont have a user name or password for.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057669536 this website talks about what is happening

adm
24-02-18, 00:36
Tp link on the box is connected to my router from Imagine , the ip address on the back brings up a log in page which I dont have a user name or password for.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057669536 this website talks about what is happening

Surely you must be able to set up your own security on your own home network router without revealing the information to imagine?