PDA

View Full Version : New skin: Simple Ten Eighty

Huevos
10-02-18, 12:29
Skin: Simple Ten Eighty, in the feeds from build 5.1.014.

Clear and readable on televisions of all sizes.
Adapted from PLi-FullNightHD, based on Magic_HD_Shadow_MiniTV by Vali (c)2009-2010.
This skin includes derived work from VU+NL, Milo, IMS and others.
This skin is a Freeware. Everyone can modify and use it in other images.

Adapted and maintained by AbuBaniaz and Huevos.

Huevos
10-02-18, 12:35

abu baniaz
10-02-18, 21:16
There may be screens that we have not done or errors.

When reporting errors, please

If you have changed any options, please state which one and what the values you are using are
State the name of the screen
State how you reached the screen. I.e all the button presses to reach there
Post a screenshot. If possible, highlight the area. This is particularly useful for minor overlaps etc
A guide to screenshots is here

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?44054-How-to-take-screen-shots-How-to-attach-files

If possible (not mandatory, but helps), please start enigma2 in console mode. In the console mode it will say something like this. Helps identify the screen name pinpoint any issues

< 820.714> [Skin] processing screen AutoTimerEditor:

< 820.715> [Skin] Unable to find screen 'HalfScreenTemplate' referred in screen 'AutoTimerEditor'

To start Enigma2 in console mode, issue following commands

init 4

then

enigma2

To exit

ctrl & C

then

init 3

abu baniaz
10-02-18, 21:17
Commit/Changelog for the skin is here

https://github.com/OpenViX/skins/commits/master/src/skins/1080/Simple_Ten_Eighty

abu baniaz
10-02-18, 21:17
Attached is a script to update the xml files for those who dont want to wait for the image updates.

Please note: If other python files are required, you may end up in a boot loop. Should this happen, restore the backed-up xml files.

Usage:
Ensure you have a /usr/script/ folder. Blue > Vix > Script runner will create it for you, otherwise manually create it.
Inflate/unzip/unrar the attached file and transfer the update_simple1080.sh file to the /usr/script/ folder
Make sure the script has 755 properties. Right click on it and change it to 755 if required.

Run the script by your chosen method. Simplest method is Blue > Vix > Script runner. Select the script and run/execute it. Restart Enigma2 for changes to take effect.

maxben
11-02-18, 19:16
HD51 - 014 - previous skin - youvix

Bouquet list and channel list nothing like above screenshots

abu baniaz
11-02-18, 20:38
Please see post 3.

State how you reached the screen. I.e all the button presses to reach there

maxben
11-02-18, 20:52
up or down arrow to bring up channel list then blue or I have mapped ch + - to bring up bouquet list, both with same screens.

abu baniaz
11-02-18, 20:55
Long press? The PiP ones?

maxben
11-02-18, 22:07
No long presses involved.

kryton
12-02-18, 01:12
Was going to try this tonight, after installing the box crashed...
i noticed it says this is in the feeds from "5.1.014"
My edision mini plus is on 5.1.002 so should this skin be showing in my feeds?
My question is the latest update for the edision mini plus is 5.1.013
If i update to 5.1.013 will this skin work on this version?
Or was it built specifically for builds 5.1.014 and above?

Crash log if needed

Huevos
12-02-18, 01:36
Yes update your image to 5.1.014 or the code required will not be available.

kryton
12-02-18, 01:42
Yes update your image or the code required will not be available.

Ok m8 will do.
Nice looking skin

This could just be a heads up for anybody who is not on the required image version as it still appears in the feeds below 5.1.014

Huevos
12-02-18, 09:02
Ok m8 will do.
Nice looking skin

This could just be a heads up for anybody who is not on the required image version as it still appears in the feeds below 5.1.014Needs 5.1.014

john doe
18-02-18, 17:17
nice skin/ thanks :thumbsup:

ccs
20-02-18, 12:46
Just updated to 5.1.018, and tried this skin for the 1st time - looks good.

Problem with the graphical epg, it doesn't fill the whole screen (picture in graphics is ok, but I always have this set this to no.)

(I resize the OSD as I can't switch off overscan on my tv.)

Hopefully pictures will clarify....

Mod EDIT:
Added here
https://github.com/OpenViX/skins/commit/819e47651e57202f680d2d9c518c1057c26b6656

ccs
20-02-18, 13:57
One minor request:

Could the space allocated to programme titles in the movie list be reduced by 1 or 2 characters, and the date/time increased by the same amount?
It nearly fits at the moment, but reducing font sizes makes it difficult to read. (Small tv by todays standards.)

abu baniaz
20-02-18, 15:56
One minor request:

Could the space allocated to programme titles in the movie list be reduced by 1 or 2 characters, and the date/time increased by the same amount?
It nearly fits at the moment, but reducing font sizes makes it difficult to read. (Small tv by todays standards.)

Screenshot with highlighted area of concern please.

ccs
20-02-18, 16:26
Screenshot with highlighted area of concern please.

Date/time of first entry (and others) truncated.......

Font size of 3 fits ok but much too small, I'm using 5 (1st screenshot), but 8 would be even better (3rd screenshot).

ccs
20-02-18, 17:47
Mod EDIT:
Added here
https://github.com/OpenViX/skins/commit/819e47651e57202f680d2d9c518c1057c26b6656

Graphical epg now working fine - many thanks.

ccs
20-02-18, 20:11
I really like the new style (honest:)) but I'm finding the InfoBar very difficult to see at times, obviously it depends on the background images.

Is there anything I can do within the standard settings?

Example screenshot.....

ccs
20-02-18, 22:06
Tags accessed from movie list are not scaling correctly.......

ccs
20-02-18, 23:06
Graphical epg now working fine - many thanks..... Except there are no coloured buttons at the bottom of the screen for add timer etc.

I bet you wish I hadn't tried it out.:)

twol
21-02-18, 07:54
.... Except there are no coloured buttons at the bottom of the screen for add timer etc.

I bet you wish I hadn't tried it out.:)

I have the buttons,a perfectly clear screen showing all the information ... so perhaps you need to look at your overscan settings ... or have you changed the number of lines/font size??

JonMMM
21-02-18, 08:37
How do you increase the font size?

twol
21-02-18, 08:52
How do you increase the font size?

Maybe its only column widths and number of lines ... there is a menu item somewhere ...will have to look haven‘t used it for a while.

Edit: pressing Menu button while on EPG brings up the options including timeline font size

ccs
21-02-18, 10:49
I have the buttons,a perfectly clear screen showing all the information ... so perhaps you need to look at your overscan settings ... or have you changed the number of lines/font size??
Doubt it's that - if you look at the before and after screenshots I posted, the coloured buttons can be seen to the right of the menu button (bottom left), but not to the right of the menu button after the fix. The space is there, but they're not.:)
Infact, the fixed version has info to the right of it, the original does not.

Changing rows and font sizes has made no difference.

ccs
21-02-18, 11:27
.... "picture in graphics" works fine with all the coloured buttons showing, and all the other parameters unchanged.

EDIT: downloaded latest GitHub file and coloured buttons are now working fine - many thanks.

(file created at about 03:00 this morning.)

twol
21-02-18, 13:35
.... "picture in graphics" works fine with all the coloured buttons showing, and all the other parameters unchanged.

EDIT: downloaded latest GitHub file and coloured buttons are now working fine - many thanks.

(file created at about 03:00 this morning.)

Then that would explain it as I have latest changes in image build

john doe
21-02-18, 19:51
works absolute spot on latest vix image. top skin.

twol
21-02-18, 20:18
works absolute spot on latest vix image. top skin.
Agree, extremely clean skin, very clear text and shows the important info

moselep
23-02-18, 12:29
love the new skin, many many thanks for building this....

only thing i would like different is the "Picture in Graphics" to have the preview window a little smaller, to have more room for the EPG, is there a way i can do this ?

Thanks

Huevos
23-02-18, 17:17
Just swithch off the PIG. It is in the gepg menu.

moselep
23-02-18, 17:27
Just swithch off the PIG. It is in the gepg menu.

would like to keep the picture, just a little smaller, , i knwo i to picky lol

ccs
06-03-18, 16:33
Post #1, screen 10 (the last one), is there a way of increasing the font size of the text starting "Clare Balding...."?

I can't find a setting, if there is one.:)

abu baniaz
06-03-18, 19:48
Post #1, screen 10 (the last one), is there a way of increasing the font size of the text starting "Clare Balding...."?

I can't find a setting, if there is one.:)

There is code to change the stuff in the Bouquet section, but not the extended event description. This would need to be added/changed in E2.

I have updated the font size to 33 instead of 28. Use script on post 4 or manually change it.

dniestre
01-05-18, 15:17
Hello! Is it possible to arrange this menu: cc*am info (via blue button)?

regards

RustySpoons
08-05-18, 11:46
Love this skin, very clean.
But I cannot get "Single EPG" to work on "Infobar EPG" it does scroll through the channels as when you press OK it ends up on one of them,
but the channel name and EPG does not change on the infobar.

Sicilian
09-05-18, 08:36
Love this skin, very clean.
But I cannot get "Single EPG" to work on "Infobar EPG" it does scroll through the channels as when you press OK it ends up on one of them,
but the channel name and EPG does not change on the infobar.

Press OK twice.

RustySpoons
09-05-18, 21:44
Press OK twice.

Thanks for the reply, but its not that and I know what that function does.
If I press left or right to bring up the Single EPG, the channel name/epg information does not change as you are flicking through so you have no idea what channel you will end up selecting.

I usually browse by flicking through left or right looking at the Single EPG, if I see something I'm curious about I will press OK to have a look and if I want to keep watching it I press OK again as you mentioned.
If not I just press exit to go back to the channel I'm on, I find it very useful.

I can upload a video if that helps, hopefully I'm explaining it correctly.

RustySpoons
11-05-18, 15:17
I've uploaded a video, this is unlisted so only visible from this link.
Only the Picon changes when you scroll left to right, it does not change the channel name in the Info Bar or the EPG information:

https://youtu.be/_nJfNe5p-lY

abu baniaz
13-05-18, 01:38
Hello! Is it possible to arrange this menu: cc*am info (via blue button)?
regards

This has been added. Hope it's fine as testing was limited.

You can update using script in post 5 or just wait until next image.

abu baniaz
13-05-18, 01:45
I've uploaded a video, this is unlisted so only visible from this link.
Only the Picon changes when you scroll left to right, it does not change the channel name in the Info Bar or the EPG information:

https://youtu.be/_nJfNe5p-lY

Thank you for the video of the Infobar EPG. I have deleted the "QuickEPG" screen for now. The screen from the default/fallback/emergency skin will be used until we re-instate it.

John57
29-05-18, 11:50
I have this skin running on two of my VU+Solo 2 and extremely happy (Great Skin) Can I ask if this skin is able to work with a VU + Uno 4K SE which I am now looking at purchasing?

Regards
John.

Andy_Hazza
29-05-18, 11:52
I have this skin running on two of my VU+Solo 2 and extremely happy (Great Skin) Can I ask if this skin is able to work with a VU + Uno 4K SE which I am now looking at purchasing?

Regards
John.

Yeah works fine with the Vu+ Uno 4K SE. [emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John57
29-05-18, 11:55
Andy, many thanks for your very prompt and positive response.

Regards
John.

bodurov
05-07-18, 23:34
Dear guys,

I would like to ask you how to change the satellite names displayed in the second infobar to the correct ones.

For example Eutelsat 36E in my satellites.xml file is Eutelsat 36C/AMU1. Intelsat 45E is Intelsat 904 and so on but in the second infobar are displayed different.

How to change it?

Huevos
06-07-18, 15:41
Dear guys,

I would like to ask you how to change the satellite names displayed in the second infobar to the correct ones.

For example Eutelsat 36E in my satellites.xml file is Eutelsat 36C/AMU1. Intelsat 45E is Intelsat 904 and so on but in the second infobar are displayed different.

How to change it?The names are nothing to do with the skin. They are the generic names of each position, stored in the converter. They are not the names of the satellites (except for a few European satellites). Using the individual names of each satellite would make this a maintenance nightmare.

https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/blob/Dev/lib/python/Components/Converter/PliExtraInfo.py#L471-L560

Eutelsat 36E
Intelsat 45EThat is the operator and the position. i.e. 36E means 36 east.

marcjens
11-10-18, 17:27
Hello Maybe I missed it but where is the download link for this skin please?

Andy_Hazza
11-10-18, 17:46
Hello Maybe I missed it but where is the download link for this skin please?

Already installed using ViX image, you just need to activate it in the Skins setup.

ccs
05-11-18, 16:45
I like Simply Ten Eighty, but it only takes one "difficult to read" osd to get me switching back to the default skin.

So here are 4 :) which I struggle with on a small tv.

Tags: Self explanatory.

Movie List: The yellow text, bottom left pane, very difficult to read due to colour and/or size.
Movie List: With the text size large enough, the date/time is truncated in the right hand pane.

Ok-Ok: Text at the top is very difficult to read, some more than others.

Info: Just not quite big enough text.

The attachments are much easier to read than they are on the tv !!

Maybe there are some more menu settings I can change?

ccs
05-11-18, 17:52
The attachments are much easier to read than they are on the tv !!

The tv picture is about 20% smaller than the attachments viewed on a pc, when I line them up.

birdman
05-11-18, 19:24
I like Simply Ten Eighty, but it only takes one "difficult to read" osd to get me switching back to the default skin.Which is why I don't use it - to many places in the skin code where I'd have to increase font sizes.
With Confluence 1080 I only need to do it in two places - something I did ages ago and have been happy with. since.

Sicilian
07-11-18, 07:02
We all have different tastes, expectations, TV sizes etc... very hard to find a skin that will please everyone 100%.

Huevos
07-11-18, 09:51
The tv picture is about 20% smaller than the attachments viewed on a pc, when I line them up.How big is the TV screen? What is the viewing distance?

Mine is 32 inch and viewing distance about 8 feet.

Of all the 1080 skins this is one of the most readable on a small tv. If you are having trouble reading it I suggest you switch to one of the 720 skins, e.g. ViX-HD, or getting a television set that is sufficiently big to be practical for your viewing distance (and eyesight).

ccs
07-11-18, 12:39
How big is the TV screen? What is the viewing distance?

Mine is 32 inch and viewing distance about 8 feet.

Of all the 1080 skins this is one of the most readable on a small tv. If you are having trouble reading it I suggest you switch to one of the 720 skins, e.g. ViX-HD, or getting a television set that is sufficiently big to be practical for your viewing distance (and eyesight).

It's a 26" tv with a viewing distance of about 9 feet.

I've been on the lookout for a new tv for ages, but manufacturers seem obsessed with producing decent tv's the size of a barn door.

The alcove the tv sits in is a very limiting factor.

Am I to assume that the tags screen I posted is correct/acceptable?

The Ok-Ok screen just needs a tweek, if it's on the screen for longer I could manage, but I don't want to increase the length any more than it already is.

The yellow colour (not easy is it?) used in Movie list really is difficult to read, but maybe too much to ask for it to be changed?

The skin is described as "Clear and readable on televisions of all sizes", all I'm doing is making suggestions to help the smaller tv users.

And I'll ask again, are there any other settings I can change to improve the 4 screens I referred to in the earlier post?

abu baniaz
07-11-18, 17:24
The feedback is welcome. We will look at it. Sorry no timescales.

The skin will need to be edited.

Huevos
08-11-18, 11:48
It's a 26" tv with a viewing distance of about 9 feet.If you can't find a suitable TV set for your current viewing distance you could get yourself a telescope instead. :D

ccs
08-11-18, 11:59
If you can't find a suitable TV set for your current viewing distance you could get yourself a telescope instead. :D
Do WOS sell them??

birdman
08-11-18, 13:10
It's a 26" tv with a viewing distance of about 9 feet.I have a 32" at ~14 feet, so arguably worse.
It mostly affect the programme detail displays, which are always too small and cannot be configured (without putting in overrides for that section of the skin).

Andy_Hazza
08-11-18, 15:01
I have a 32" at ~14 feet, so arguably worse.
It mostly affect the programme detail displays, which are always too small and cannot be configured (without putting in overrides for that section of the skin).

Shame on you. Even worse than ccs!

birdman
09-11-18, 02:33
Shame on you. Even worse than ccs!Even that 32" is there by stealth. It was as large as I reckoned I could go without raising too much ire from my wife.

Sicilian
09-11-18, 06:30
Even that 32" is there by stealth. It was as large as I reckoned I could go without raising too much ire from my wife.

My back room at home we have a 55" 4K LCD, viewing from about 9' :D

ccs
09-11-18, 16:15

It would be great if the font size of these displays could be increased using settings which already exist.

Whether it's as easy as that in practice is another matter.:)

abu baniaz
10-11-18, 00:46
How do you get into the tags screen?

ccs
10-11-18, 10:36
How do you get into the tags screen?

Good question, I remapped the blue button in movie list ages ago, not sure what it defaults to.

Shows on second attachment.... https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?58930-New-skin-Simple-Ten-Eighty&p=476850&viewfull=1#post476850

birdman
10-11-18, 11:09
Good question, I remapped the blue button in movie list ages ago, not sure what it defaults to.The default is "Sort by".

And by default you get to the Tags menu with the Radio button in a Movie list.

PS: You can get the list of your mappings (and change them) in the Movielist settings menu.

Tocnai
10-11-18, 11:13
Just found this skin i just wanted to say Thank you to the creator.:thumbsup:
Ian

abu baniaz
10-11-18, 12:08
MovieTagList added
Movielist font size increased by 10%

https://github.com/OpenViX/skins/commits/master

May I take the opportunity to remind fellow users of post three/four

ccs
10-11-18, 13:22
Many thanks, I'll give it a try later today.

ccs
10-11-18, 14:17
Tags is now working ok (a bigger font would be even better. :sofahide:)

The only change I can see in movie list is the date/length/channel has increased in size in the bottom left pane.

The program description font hasn't increased.

ccs
10-11-18, 14:59
Movie list...
< 4982.357> [Skin] processing screen MovieSelection:
< 4982.432> [GUISkin] warning, skin is missing element TrashcanSize in <class 'Screens.MovieSelection.MovieSelection'>
< 4982.480> [Skin] Attribute not implemented: columnsOriginal value: 270,300
< 4982.480> [Skin] Attribute not implemented: fontSizesMinimal value: 34,30
< 4982.481> [Skin] Attribute not implemented: partIconeShiftMinimal value: 8
< 4982.481> [Skin] Attribute not implemented: treeDescription value: 250
< 4982.482> [Skin] Attribute not implemented: compactColumn value: 300
< 4982.483> [Skin] Attribute not implemented: itemHeights value: 100,75,45
< 4982.483> [Skin] Attribute not implemented: fontSizesCompact value: 36,28
< 4982.484> [Skin] Attribute not implemented: columnsCompactDescription value: 240,220,240
< 4982.484> [Skin] Attribute not implemented: partIconeShiftCompact value: 2
< 4982.485> [Skin] Attribute not implemented: partIconeShiftOriginal value: 3
< 4982.559> [Skin] processing screen MovieSelectionSummary:
< 4982.783> [TRASHCAN DeBug path] /media/hdd/movie/
< 4982.786> [TRASHCAN DeBug] /media/hdd/movie/.Trash
< 4994.216> [eEPGCache] schedule finished(1541858241)

ccs
10-11-18, 15:26
Ok-Ok....

< 6435.246> [InfoBarGenerics] KEY: 352 OK
< 6435.246> [ActionMap] Keymap 'InfobarShowHideActions' -> Action = 'toggleShow'
< 6435.247> [eDVBServicePlay] timeshift
< 6435.552> [eInputDeviceInit] 0 160 1
< 6435.555> [InfoBarGenerics] KEY: 352 OK
< 6436.029> [eInputDeviceInit] 1 160 1
< 6436.032> [InfoBarGenerics] KEY: 352 OK
< 6436.033> [ActionMap] Keymap 'InfobarShowHideActions' -> Action = 'toggleShow'
< 6436.343> [eInputDeviceInit] 0 160 1
< 6436.346> [InfoBarGenerics] KEY: 352 OK
< 6439.239> [eConsoleAppContainer] Starting /usr/bin/grab

ccs
11-11-18, 11:34
Sorry, but I do need to mention one last item, the seek bar during playback, which I am generating using the pause button.

< 691.569> [eInputDeviceInit] 1 a4 1
< 691.572> [InfoBarGenerics] KEY: 164 PAUSE
< 691.573> [ActionMap] Keymap 'InfobarSeekActions' -> Action = 'playpauseService'
< 691.573> [eDVBServicePlay] pause
< 691.573> [eTSMPEGDecoder] decoder state: pause, vpid=00c9, apid=00ca
< 691.573> [eDVBVideo0] VIDEO_SLOWMOTION 0 ok
< 691.574> [eDVBVideo0] VIDEO_FAST_FORWARD 0 ok
< 691.574> [eDVBVideo0] VIDEO_FREEZE ok
< 691.574> [eDVBAudio0] AUDIO_PAUSE ok
< 691.636> [Pixmap] setPixmapNum(1) failed! defined pixmaps: []
< 691.637> [Pixmap] setPixmapNum(1) failed! defined pixmaps: []
< 691.879> [eInputDeviceInit] 0 a4 1
< 691.882> [InfoBarGenerics] KEY: 164 PAUSE

I hardly ever watch live tv, but choose to record programmes and watch them at a more convenient time.

I use timeshift a lot, so watch programmes while they're still recording.
The seek bar is important because, among other things, I look for the time left indicator on the right hand end, so I don't jump too far when skipping adverts or whatever.

And yes, you've guessed, I find if very difficult to read - the text, markers and progress bar are almost invisible at times.

And there's no FF indicator, x2 say, as far as I can tell.

Thanks again, I know I'm being a bit of a nuisance.

birdman
11-11-18, 11:50
I use timeshift a lot, so watch programmes while they're still recording.If they are recording you can watch the recording, so don't need timeshift.

The seek bar is important because, among other things, I look for the time left indicator on the right hand end, so I don't jump too far when skipping adverts or whatever.With Confluence that seems to be more an issue of the font colour (or, possibly, the font weight, as it seems to be a very thin stroke) rather than its size.

Andy_Hazza
11-11-18, 11:51
@ccs, get a bigger tv instead of struggling with a 26 bloody inch tv! [emoji1787]

ccs
11-11-18, 12:13
If they are recording you can watch the recording, so don't need timeshift.

Sorry - got the terminology wrong again, chase play maybe?

I never use timshift, so should have known better.

abu baniaz
15-11-18, 03:08
@ccs
Please check the movie player changes.

ccs
15-11-18, 11:04
This is what I'm seeing, probably not what you expected...….

ccs
15-11-18, 12:38
...probably because I made a mistake.:)

Now so much easier to read, many thanks, it's much appreciated.

nekrub2
20-11-18, 17:24
Dear all

I have a minor issue with this skin: The font size for long EPG text is for me too small. I have a 32in TV screen.

This is how it looks like

and the Wikipedia search result ist

Thanks for having an eye on it.
nekrub2

dsayers
11-12-18, 18:31
Hi where can I find the bouquet name on graphical epg in the skin.xml? This is I had a look at <screen name="GraphicalEPGPIG" in vix_skin.xml but I cant seem to edit that. Pic attached

abu baniaz
12-12-18, 04:29
it is in the skin.xml file

dsayers
12-12-18, 07:07
it is in the skin.xml file

What is the name for bouquet text? Most skins have it named wget Title.

abu baniaz
12-12-18, 18:31
Sorry, I don't know. It will be in one of the panels called upon.

birdman
12-12-18, 19:21
Hi where can I find the bouquet name on graphical epg in the skin.xml? It looks as though it might be part of the generic "TopTemplate" screen (in skin_templates.xml).
The <widget source="Title" render="Label"... part. Which is a generic Title to most screens.

Note that you do not need to edit this file (which will be overwritten at most updates).
You can out a skin_user_Simple_Ten_Eighty.xml file into /etc/enigma2 and make you personal changes there - which will survive updates*. You'll need to copy out the whole of the section where you wish to make a change (so all of <screen name="TopTemplate">...</screen> here) AND include it within <skin>...</skin> tags.

* Although you should check after updates whether the part you are modifying has changed in the master file and, if it has, copy over any changes.

EDIT: Checking this assumption now...
....and it looks like I was correct, as commenting out that widget removes the bouquet name.
BUT note that any changes to this will change the Title on many of the menu screens too.

ccs
12-12-18, 19:36
There's no wonder all my attempts to work out even the simplest of changes have failed miserably!! :)

dsayers
12-12-18, 19:56
It looks as though it might be part of the generic "TopTemplate" screen (in skin_templates.xml).
The <widget source="Title" render="Label"... part. Which is a generic Title to most screens.

Note that you do not need to edit this file (which will be overwritten at most updates).
You can out a skin_user_Simple_Ten_Eighty.xml file into /etc/enigma2 and make you personal changes there - which will survive updates*. You'll need to copy out the whole of the section where you wish to make a change (so all of <screen name="TopTemplate">...</screen> here) AND include it within <skin>...</skin> tags.

* Although you should check after updates whether the part you are modifying has changed in the master file and, if it has, copy over any changes.

EDIT: Checking this assumption now...

I use user_skin files for other skins. I'll check it out thanks.

Edit that worked.

cazza23
07-01-19, 13:18
Hi anyone know why when I press information about it’s just blank
Thanks

Toja60
06-04-19, 15:50
Hi!
I'm very happy about this skin "Simple Ten Eighty", It's really nice, and have used it since I upgraded to 5.2.034 on my Duo4K and Ultimo4k.

There is one thing I miss:
I have not seen that there is any flashing or fixed notification that there is an upgrade available,
Isn't it working with this skin or is it any setting I haven't done?

abu baniaz
06-04-19, 15:56
We'll need to add the update notification. It isn't present. I am not keen on the globe though.

invisiblelayer
08-06-19, 17:43
Switched to this recently, defiantly my favourite skin now thanks for this

BobbyC
07-07-19, 14:18
Can anyone please post a fool proof guide on how to enable tabs at top to show our bouquets on the screen please ... I would greatly appreciate it

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

dsayers
07-07-19, 14:51
Can anyone please post a fool proof guide on how to enable tabs at top to show our bouquets on the screen please ... I would greatly appreciate it

If you mean the tabs on epg like here https://www.world-of-satellite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=57933&d=1544642389 probably best starting a thread as it requires modified files.

BobbyC
07-07-19, 15:34
Yes sir, that's exactly what I meant. Will do that, cheers

Huevos
07-07-19, 16:45
Yes sir, that's exactly what I meant. Will do that, cheersCurrent way to access that list in all skins is to press the TV button.

BobbyC
07-07-19, 17:39
I know that, I'm coming from an openatv image that had kiddac sky q skin with tabbed bouquets, it's a lot tidier, I see it can be done with this skin also, as I'm now on vix image,.. Thought I'd ask

abu baniaz
07-07-19, 19:24
Kiddac's skins are not on openatv.. The customised "builds" on other forums use scripts to install them and other tweaks to make it easier for users.

The tabbed bouquets was part of the epg mod. With the exception of people using HDMI-CEC and replacement remotes like Harmonies, I don't see the point of replacing the existing function showing bouquets. You then scroll through them until you land on the one you want. You can't skip a bouquet, you have to scroll through them, one by one. Apart from looking like a Sky receiver, I don't see the added benefit.

On Tetris, you can toggle showing the next block. It is pointless toggling what you will see if you rotate left or rotate right.

TV = open lists of bouquets
> (next to 0) = Jump to next bouquet.
< (next to 0) = Jump to previous bouquet.

Up/down/left/right = move within EPG

8 = Page down
2 = Page up
4 = Page left
6 = Page right

CH+ = Forward 24 hours
CH- = Back 24 hours

7 = increases/decreases number of items

5 = Jump to current time
9 = Jump to prime time. Prime time is configurable

1 = Reduce timescale
3 = Increase timescale

0 = move to home of list, i.e first channel of current bouquet

EPG = Show Single EPG for current channel

Text = Go to specific date/time

Blue (short) = Add auto timer for highlighted event
Blue (long) = Show autotimer list

Red (short) = IMDB search for current event
Red (long) = Sort EPG list

Green (short) = Add/remove timer for highlighted event
Green (long) = Show Timer list

Yellow (short) = Search for similar events

Record (short) = Add record timer for highlighted event
Record (long) = Add zap timer for highlighted event

More details here
https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?48142-EPG-Screens-and-Navigation

The EPG mod thread is here.
https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?42788-Some-ideas-to-improve-the-Graphical-EPG-screen
People supplying modified code are politely requested t ensure they add debug code to distinguish that users are using a modified epgselection.py

Please keep this thread specific to this skin.

Simple1080 was modified from the PLi skin which does not have our epgselection py. Some of those EPG navigations do not work as the stock skin.

dsayers
07-07-19, 20:21
You can still use TV button to bring up bouquets in epg or have bouquets on launch.

The code just give a visual of the next bouquets without the code you can use < and > to switch bouquets you just can't see what the next bouquet is.

But yes I do agree it should be in it's own thread. You will still need to amend this skin for it to show tabs.

Andy_Hazza
07-07-19, 20:38
I think its a nice feature. Should be an optional feature imo. We should be encouraging not discouraging improvements.

LFN
21-07-19, 17:59
We'll need to add the update notification. It isn't present. I am not keen on the globe though.

Hi. Nice skin :)
Any plans for software update notifications?

abu baniaz
26-07-19, 17:36
Hi!
I'm very happy about this skin "Simple Ten Eighty", It's really nice, and have used it since I upgraded to 5.2.034 on my Duo4K and Ultimo4k.

There is one thing I miss:
I have not seen that there is any flashing or fixed notification that there is an upgrade available,
Isn't it working with this skin or is it any setting I haven't done?

Sorry about delay, the update notification has been added

https://github.com/OpenViX/skins/commit/3b151eb56812cf733719909dea6ca03716337c69

Next update will have it, so you won't see effects until two updates.

I've used the same icon as other skins/images

stick50jr
21-08-19, 14:00
Hi

This has been my preferred skin for a while. However in the last six weeks (not sure exactly when) the epg clock icons no longer fit. I've checked and see that they are 32 x 32. Anyhow, I resized them to 25 x 25 and they now fit properly. The ones I've re-sized are attached...

59178 59177 59179 59180 59181

abu baniaz
21-08-19, 14:13
can you post a screenshot please?

stick50jr
21-08-19, 14:30
Here you go... this is with the new 25 x 25 icons:

stick50jr
21-08-19, 16:01
Another screenshot showing how the original icons look.... they're too big:

norb
19-10-19, 10:37
Hi
Just found this as was looking for this skin info in particular
I am getting sometime a round green flashing icon in the infobar right next to the screen format info
This does not show until few minutes after starting the box and on any type of channels
I am on latest version on openvix on a zgemma h9s
Do you know what this is and if there is a document somewhere showing the meaning of all other icons?

abu baniaz
19-10-19, 12:23
software update available.

norb
19-10-19, 13:08
software update available.
Thanks Abu, just checked the Software update options and there are indeed updates available, just wondering now what is "Update channel list only"? What does it have to do with the software update?

Huevos
19-10-19, 14:16
Some people get their channel list from the feeds rather than make their own or use ABM. This option updates the channel list only, to latest version, but without any changes to the software of the STB. Option 2 updates channel list (where applicable) and the software.

norb
19-10-19, 20:06
Thanks for both replies, having advised me about the update icon, can I ask what is the (A) next to it?

dsayers
19-10-19, 20:33
Thanks for both replies, having advised me about the update icon, can I ask what is the (A) next to it?

The Tuner in use

norb
20-10-19, 11:28
And lastly, what these other two mean?

deltec
20-10-19, 18:28
what is the skim called in skin menu thanks deltec

birdman
20-10-19, 22:50
And lastly, what these other two mean?

59362The left-hand image is ico_sub_on.png and the right-hand one is ico_hbbtv.png.
So you've got subtitles on, and can handle HbbTV(?).

GrisKo
01-11-19, 13:34
Hello Mr. Ten_Eighty and Skinners ;)

I really like this skin .. BUT :)

A how to fix would be much appreciated !?

The Simple EPG is in the middle of the screen .. How to get it down to the bottom ?

I'm not sure which line to edit in what file ..

Thanks

- G

abu baniaz
29-12-19, 23:15

The Simple EPG is in the middle of the screen .. How to get it down to the bottom ?

Thanks

- G

This skin is a copy of Pli's fullnight HD with some edits. I am afraid I don't know how to do this. I am actually thinking of deleting this skin as it is a hack.

abu baniaz
21-09-20, 22:28
HD51 - 014 - previous skin - youvix

Bouquet list and channel list nothing like above screenshots

To activate that view, you have to set the "Channel list service mode" to "Slim". This is not the default view.

Please try latest files. Screen was added here:
https://github.com/OpenViX/skins/commit/cb7471b356d95555d31f76b3df2e4a604037f940

abu baniaz
21-09-20, 22:31

Thanks

- G

Please try latest files. You can use use the update script.
Was added here:
https://github.com/OpenViX/skins/commit/acfc2c932a178ab8886fa9f646d526ef60942eb8

ccs
06-11-20, 22:26
Formatting of finished timers is a bit difficult to read, blanks between each line making it 2 pages instead of one, and no line wrapping.

I noticed this when checking how a rescheduled programme managed to record successfully, despite starting 60 minutes late.

The first image shows what comes up after pressing info, the first line is missing on the left hand side.

Down+up brings it back, shown in image two.

ViX-Night-HD shown for comparison.

birdman
07-11-20, 03:11
Formatting of finished timers is a bit difficult to read, blanks between each line making it 2 pages instead of oneThere is excessive white-space between items in all menus/lists to my mind.
It makes the main System menu extend over two pages, instead of all being visible on one.

ccs
07-11-20, 09:59
Me again, @birdman replied to my last post at 02:11 today, but I can't see it for some reason. Page 9 comes up with the beginning of page 8.

Edit: this post has now made his post visible. :confused:

BrokenUnusableAccount
07-11-20, 10:33
There is excessive white-space between items in all menus/lists to my mind.
It makes the main System menu extend over two pages, instead of all being visible on one.
Totally agree.

abu baniaz
02-12-20, 16:44
The screen for Dream-Explorer plugin is no longer showing the button png files

[Skin] Processing screen 'DreamExplorerII'

https://github.com/OpenViX/skins/blob/master/src/skins/1080/Simple_Ten_Eighty/skin_plugins.xml#L340LL350

https://github.com/oe-alliance/enigma2-plugins/tree/master/dreamexplorer

sandiego69
07-01-21, 12:43
Thank you.

CRMS
06-02-21, 14:31
Afternoon,
On the info epg after 1 OK press, I was just wondering what the flashing green blob/symbol is next to the screen ratio and before the tuner letters??
It looks like the Openvix stable green symbol in abu baniaz sig line??

abu baniaz
06-02-21, 14:39
It means there is an update available

CRMS
06-02-21, 14:43
Thanks. I have downloaded 5.4.005 but haven't installed. So it must be that.

Huevos
08-02-21, 13:06
The screen for Dream-Explorer plugin is no longer showing the button png files

[Skin] Processing screen 'DreamExplorerII'

https://github.com/OpenViX/skins/blob/master/src/skins/1080/Simple_Ten_Eighty/skin_plugins.xml#L340LL350

https://github.com/oe-alliance/enigma2-plugins/tree/master/dreamexplorerThis is solved.

ccs
06-04-21, 13:37
As it's quiet at the moment, :), grid epg shows the selected date twice (top left), the second one doesn't fit and could probably be removed...

Trial
06-04-21, 13:53
Hi,
not necessarily. Top should be present date and next line the date of the EPG. Scroll down to the next day(s) and take a look.

Ralf

ccs
06-04-21, 14:14
Hi,
not necessarily. Top should be present date and next line the date of the EPG. Scroll down to the next day(s) and take a look.

Ralf

Top right shows today's date, top left shows the selected date, twice, one above the other, at least it does for me.

twol
06-04-21, 14:47
Top right shows today's date, top left shows the selected date, twice, one above the other, at least it does for me.

Only once for me - looks as it should

ccs
06-04-21, 15:14
Only once for me - looks as it should

So where do the two "Wed 31 Mar 2021" in post #1 come from ?

Here's another I prepared earlier, with "Friday 9 April 2021" and "Fri 9 Apr 202" showing, together with today's date (Tuesday 6 April 2021) in the top right hand corner.

twol
06-04-21, 16:35
OK - correct. I normally use pipmode so have the pip in top left and then everything is OK. Remove the pip and you get the 2 dates.

Huevos
07-04-21, 18:28
:confused:

This is what I see.

ccs
07-04-21, 18:33
.... but you've recently changed it :) .....

https://github.com/OpenViX/skins/commit/f85ce61ac6b15cd1dbb709f30fa17cc21a90882d

"Today", top leftish, fits, but the following days don't, and it's repeated a few lines above anyway.

I've got "service width" set to the absolute minimum, to maximise the programme title widths.

Will the programme description be optional in the new version?

ccs
07-04-21, 19:23
Workaround (of sorts, with my settings): Set "Alignment of timeline date" to "left, wrapped", rather than using the default (the right hand attachment).

birdman
07-04-21, 19:40
Workaround (of sorts, with my settings): Set "Alignment of timeline date" to "left, wrapped", rather than using the default (the right hand attachment).Which would appear to work only by allowing the year to wrap onto the next line in a one-line box, where it disappears.
Doesn't sound like a real solution.

ccs
07-04-21, 19:48
Doesn't sound like a real solution.

Based on the replies I've already had, it'll have to do, real or not.

birdman
08-04-21, 01:57
Based on the replies I've already had, it'll have to do, real or not.

Or you could change the serviceWidth check in setEntries (in Components/EpgListGrid.py) since they appear to be wrong. Or at leats the logic is wrong. You really need to get each of the three possible date formats (starting with the longest) and stop once what you have fits within serviceWidth. The current code is juts a piece of guesswork, as you have no idea what font size is being used for the display.

Huevos
08-04-21, 10:11
What you are suggesting would only be possible with a fixed width font.

ccs
08-04-21, 10:43
Line 927 of Components/EpgListGrid.py looks like this

fnum = float(timeEpoch)/float(timeSteps)
incWidth = int(eventRect.width() / fnum)
timeStepsCalc = timeSteps * SECS_IN_MIN

nowTime = localtime(time())
begTime = localtime(timeBase)
serviceWidth = serviceRect.width()
if nowTime.tm_year == begTime.tm_year and nowTime.tm_yday == begTime.tm_yday:
datestr = _("Today")
else:
if serviceWidth > 179:
dateFormat = config.usage.date.daylong.value
elif serviceWidth > 129:
dateFormat = config.usage.date.dayshort.value
elif serviceWidth > 79:
dateFormat = config.usage.date.daysmall.value
else:
dateFormat = "%a"
datestr = strftime(dateFormat, begTime)

I've got Service width in the grid epg set to 225, and the date "Fri 9 Apr 2020" doesn't fit.

If I mess with EpgListGrid.py and force the date to be "Fri 9 Apr", it fits ok....

datestr = _("Today")
else:
if serviceWidth > 999:
elif serviceWidth > 2:
elif serviceWidth > 1:
else:
dateFormat = "%a"

EDIT: If I make the Timeline font size small enough I should be able to see when the date format changes for different service widths.

Service width of 173 changes the date format (loses the year), Timeline font size -2.

ccs
08-04-21, 11:44
For my Service width of 225, Line 937 of EpgListGrid.py, when set to "if serviceWidth > 231:" works, ie. the year is dropped. Setting to 230, the year is back again.

Not really sure how that bit of code is supposed to work, as both the font size (mine is set to +5) and service width play a part.

birdman
08-04-21, 11:52
What you are suggesting would only be possible with a fixed width font.If there were a way to get the pixel-width that a given piece of text would take up were it displayed then that coudl be used.
I take it no-one has ever found such a function?

Huevos
08-04-21, 13:05
If there were a way to get the pixel-width that a given piece of text would take up were it displayed then that coudl be used.
I take it no-one has ever found such a function?

Yes of course you can do it with fixed width font but not true type. e.g.

True type:
iiiii
mmmmm

Fixed width:
iiiii
mmmmm

And the differing width also depends on the font face, not just that it is true type.

BrokenUnusableAccount
08-04-21, 16:17
Yes of course you can do it with fixed width font but not true type. e.g.

True type:
iiiii
mmmmm

Fixed width:
iiiii
mmmmm

And the differing width also depends on the font face, not just that it is true type.

I think birdman wonders if there is a some function you can ask "how wide will this string be in this font", or perhaps, if the renderer is not too advanced and doesn't adjust the widths to suit the neighbouring characters, just "how wide will this character be in this font".

It seems like something that might exist.

Huevos
08-04-21, 21:51
Line 927 of Components/EpgListGrid.py looks like this

datestr = _("Today")
else:
if serviceWidth > 179:
elif serviceWidth > 129:
elif serviceWidth > 79:
else:
dateFormat = "%a"

I've got Service width in the grid epg set to 225, and the date "Fri 9 Apr 2020" doesn't fit.

If I mess with EpgListGrid.py and force the date to be "Fri 9 Apr", it fits ok....

datestr = _("Today")
else:
if serviceWidth > 999:
elif serviceWidth > 2:
elif serviceWidth > 1:
else:
dateFormat = "%a"

EDIT: If I make the Timeline font size small enough I should be able to see when the date format changes for different service widths.

Service width of 173 changes the date format (loses the year), Timeline font size -2.

So as a starting point you need something like this:

else:
if serviceWidth > (self.timelineFontSize + self.epgConfig.timelinefs.value) * 9:
elif serviceWidth > (self.timelineFontSize + self.epgConfig.timelinefs.value) * 6.5:
elif serviceWidth > (self.timelineFontSize + self.epgConfig.timelinefs.value) * 4:

ccs
08-04-21, 22:36
.... Thanks, I'll have a go tomorrow.

Huevos
08-04-21, 23:33
Ok, now I have tried it I need to tweak a bit.

else:
if serviceWidth > (self.timelineFontSize + self.epgConfig.timelinefs.value) * 7.6:
elif serviceWidth > (self.timelineFontSize + self.epgConfig.timelinefs.value) * 4.5:
elif serviceWidth > (self.timelineFontSize + self.epgConfig.timelinefs.value) * 2.85:

Don't forget some fonts are wider than others, so in skins with narrow fonts such as Magic FHD and iSkin it leaves a bit of extra space, but in all skins it seems to trim the year before it goes out of bounds.

ccs
09-04-21, 10:42
....works fine with my settings of Service width = 225 and Timeline font size +5.

Not sure how your tweaking actually works, so ...

Sticking with my fontsize of +5, "Mon 12 Apr" doesn't quite fit between a width of 161 thru' to 199. At 160 the month finally gets drops.

ccs
09-04-21, 11:35
This works better for me.....

if serviceWidth > (self.timelineFontSize + self.epgConfig.timelinefs.value) * 7.6:
elif serviceWidth > (self.timelineFontSize + self.epgConfig.timelinefs.value) * 5.55:
elif serviceWidth > (self.timelineFontSize + self.epgConfig.timelinefs.value) * 2.85:

The month now gets dropped at Service width = 199.

Huevos
09-04-21, 11:47
This works better for me.....

elif serviceWidth > (self.timelineFontSize + self.epgConfig.timelinefs.value) * 5.55:

The month now gets dropped at Service width = 199.

Yes but has to work in all skins, not just ones with narrow fonts.

ccs
09-04-21, 12:05
Yes but has to work in all skins, not just ones with narrow fonts.

I thought you said "in all skins it seems to trim the year before it goes out of bounds", all I'm doing is dropping the month when the service width is wider than your original change.

birdman
09-04-21, 12:52
Yes but has to work in all skins, not just ones with narrow fonts.And with any user-chosen font-size change.
Why not just drop displaying the year completely? It's mentioned elsewhere on the screen should you have forgotten what it is and wish to be reminded.

Huevos
09-04-21, 13:39
I already fixed it. I don't see any problem now. Works correct in all the skins I tested from our skins repo.

All I am saying is with a narrow font there will be a bit of extra margin, to allow for wide fonts on other skins.

ccs
09-04-21, 18:32
I already fixed it. I don't see any problem now. Works correct in all the skins I tested from our skins repo.

All I am saying is with a narrow font there will be a bit of extra margin, to allow for wide fonts on other skins.

Although not with the settings I mentioned in posts #151 and #152, but not to worry.

Huevos
09-04-21, 19:40
Please explain how you are doing that with what is currently in the enigma repo.

ccs
09-04-21, 19:46
It's your post #150 with Service width 180, Timeline font size +5, Simple_1080 skin, 5.4.009.011

I've just re-installed to double check.

Huevos
12-04-21, 23:16
@CCS, I think the formula is good, so just play around with those floats until you are happy with it at all resolutions.

And then we can commit your choice.

ccs
13-04-21, 10:16
@CCS, I think the formula is good, so just play around with those floats until you are happy with it at all resolutions.

And then we can commit your choice.

Leave them as they are, they're fine, there are way too many permutations and combinations and any that don't quite work should be easily adjustable via the gui.

I've always aimed to have the narrowest Service width and a large enough Event font size and Timeline font size to be easily readable.

The bigger the telly, the easier it gets.

Timmo65
30-01-23, 20:04
Hello, just switched to this skin and I am really liking it. I hope people are still reading this but can I get the pvr playback bar to the bottom of the screen not top?

Willo3092
30-01-23, 20:42
Hello, just switched to this skin and I am really liking it. I hope people are still reading this but can I get the pvr playback bar to the bottom of the screen not top?

I moved it to the bottom in this thread but not thoroughly tested so don't know if it affects anything else.

https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?65738-Using-simple-Ten-Eighty-skin-but-playback-bar-at-top-OF-SCREEN-can-I-move-it-to-bottom-How&p=530099&viewfull=1#post530099

Timmo65
30-01-23, 20:57
Thanks will take a look.

cactikid
30-01-23, 23:17
I have always use simple 1080 and always on lower part of screen and never changed anything.

Willo3092
30-01-23, 23:26
I have always use simple 1080 and always on lower part of screen and never changed anything.

It's at the top on mine. You are talking about the movie player info bar?

64673 64674

Huevos
30-01-23, 23:53

The reason it is where it is, is because it shows simultaneously with the infobar.

Timmo65
31-01-23, 01:08
That xml fixed it for me. I don't see it clashing with anything else and it seems like it should be there ...for me. Thanks again. Wife piped down.

Huevos
01-02-23, 12:40
That xml fixed it for me. I don't see it clashing with anything else and it seems like it should be there ...for me. Thanks again. Wife piped down.

Yes it clashes. In live TV press pause. Both seekbar and infobar show.

tappari
02-02-23, 12:20

You English users don`t seem to understand that when it is in the bottom you cannot read subtitles.

Joe_90
02-02-23, 12:33
I've made the point before that non-English speakers find the top location more convenient as it doesn't obscure subtitles. However, the top location obscures scoring and match timers when replaying sporting events, so I had suggested making the location configureable. Obviously, this doesn't work for pausing live streams as the infobar displays also.

Huevos
02-02-23, 13:54
You English users don`t seem to understand that when it is in the bottom you cannot read subtitles.

1) Don't you think "you English users" is a bit of a generalisation.
2) It is not at the top because of the subtitles, it is there so it doesn't interfere with the infobar.

Willo3092
02-02-23, 15:07
I've just had a look at a couple of KiddaC's skins to see if the same happens but the infobar doesn't show when pause is pressed, just the movieplayer bar :confused:

Joe_90
02-02-23, 20:29
I've just had a look at a couple of KiddaC's skins to see if the same happens but the infobar doesn't show when pause is pressed, just the movieplayer bar :confused:

If you're timeshifting/pausing live TV the infobar displays.

Willo3092
02-02-23, 21:40
If you're timeshifting/pausing live TV the infobar displays.

Not with the skins I've tried from KiddaC. This is what I get when pressing pause from live tv:

Huevos
03-02-23, 01:30
So if just the seek bar shows how are you supposed to read the program info?

Willo3092
03-02-23, 09:43
So if just the seek bar shows how are you supposed to read the program info?

If in live pause you just press the info button and the infobar shows and the seekbar disappears.
Press back/exit and the infobar disappears and the seekbar is back.

Huevos
03-02-23, 10:29
Which skin is it?

Willo3092
03-02-23, 10:54
Which skin is it?

All the ones I've tried do the same:

enigma2-plugin-skins-slyk-1080r19_2.22.20230102_all

enigma2-plugin-skins-slyk-onyx-1080_2.34.20230103_all

enigma2-plugin-skins-vskin-red-1080_2.15.20230103_all