PDA

View Full Version : [Formuler F1] ip address unconfirmed

dorada
06-02-18, 21:34
hi just changed my network supplier today my gigablue 800se+ works fine but my formuler f1 is acting up I do a network test it says lan connected loca/l network connected/dhcp enabled/ip address unconfirmed/name server unconfirmed , go to network wizard says connection not working go back to network test same results ! the lan cable at the back of the box is flashing yellow any ideas please

bellejt
06-02-18, 21:35
restart the router

dorada
06-02-18, 21:44
thanks for the reply but still the same

birdman
06-02-18, 21:58
hi just changed my network supplier todayDid that involve getting a new router?

dorada
06-02-18, 22:00
yes got a new sly one

birdman
06-02-18, 22:35
yes got a new sly oneDoes it have its DHCP service enabled?

dorada
06-02-18, 22:51
hi yes the formuler 1 box has & also the gigablue as well which is working.

Ford1
07-02-18, 00:47
try and change the encryption type in the network settings on the formula box, I have had similar issues with an OSMINI on a sky router

birdman
07-02-18, 03:01
try and change the encryption type in the network settings on the formula box, I have had similar issues with an OSMINI on a sky routerIs the connexion via a LAN or using Wifi?

duoduo
07-02-18, 08:27
Are you getting Internet access even though you are having these problems? Try and see if net access is working hard wired and wireless? Then re input router password using wireless and retest.

dorada
07-02-18, 19:28
right the story so far ! I have put my spare gigablue on to the same lan cable and that works ok I have flashed my F1 with vix then atv images and still have the same issues, how do you change the encryption type in network setting never done anything like that. Thanks for all your help

Ford1
07-02-18, 19:34
Sorry, the encryption only works on wireless connection.

never had a problem with unconfirmed ip address on a lan cable install. that should all be handled by your dhcp server on the router

sundancer
07-02-18, 19:44
If you change the network DCHP settings on your Gigablue box from yes to no it will give you the static settings.

Copy the same settings (Through Remote) onto the formuler box but change the last digit of the IP address.

For example if the Gigablue is 192.168.0.12 set the formuler to 192.168.0.22.

providing all the other settings are the same as the Gigablue it should work. The only other thing that could cause a conflict is if the Formuler box has the same MAC address as something else on the network.

Sky routers are a bit flaky at the best of times. They aren't exactly the best ones on the market.

birdman
07-02-18, 20:14
If you change the network DCHP settings on your Gigablue box from yes to no it will give you the static settings.But you'll the have to set an IP address which is not in the router's DHCP range.

Copy the same settings (Through Remote) onto the formuler box but change the last digit of the IP address.Only if that original IP address was also a static one (and not just-one below the router's DHCP range) and doesn't clash with any other static IP address you have around on your network.

For example if the Gigablue is 192.168.0.12 set the formuler to 192.168.0.22.Err....that's not changing the last digit anyway.

dorada
07-02-18, 20:33
Hi thanks for the reply sundancer reconnected the giga took a photo of the settings done as you said and it still comes back ip ad & nameserver unconfirmed. last 2 digits were 09 set it 19 and also 10 and the mac codes are not conflicting with anything else

sundancer
07-02-18, 21:28
Birdman do you really think that picking a suggestion apart of somebody who is just trying to help resolve the OPs issues is really going to help anybody, what your doing is just petty and is no help to anybody. Being an integral person within the VIX team i would have thought you would have known better.

But you'll the have to set an IP address which is not in the router's DHCP range.

Utter Tosh, you only have to change it up a few digits just to ensure there is no IP address conflict, i.e two devices using the same IP, but i'm sure you already know that.

Err....that's not changing the last digit anyway.

Typo, should have said digits, but either way the OP obviously understood what i was trying to do.

Forums are supposed to be a friendly place where people come for help, not a place where some clever clog thinks its OK to try and belittle somebody. If your going to help the OP then help him, your previous post gave no help whatsoever did it!

dorada
07-02-18, 21:38
agree with you sundancer thanks for the constructive replys anyway I was trolling through old posts and one said either cable or stb fault so aaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrggggggggghhhh put a new cable to the box hey presto working haven't a clue why the other box and laptop worked with the old one though, thanks to everyone who replied with this forum it wouldn't have been posible for me. cheers

birdman
08-02-18, 01:22
Utter Tosh, you only have to change it up a few digits just to ensure there is no IP address conflict, i.e two devices using the same IP, but I'm sure you already know that.I know that changing it to a different address that is still within the DHCP router range will give you a problem, either now or in the future as the DHCP server hands it out to another device.
I'm trying to avoid driving the OP to an incorrect solution by trying to determine what the actual problem is.

birdman
08-02-18, 01:26
agree with you sundancer thanks for the constructive replys anyway I was trolling through old posts and one said either cable or stb fault so aaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrggggggggghhhh put a new cable to the box hey presto working haven't a clue why the other box and laptop worked with the old one though, thanks to everyone who replied with this forum it wouldn't have been posible for me. cheersOne possibility is that the cable was (very?) old and could only handle 100Mb/s, but the new router can handle 1Gb/s and so can the new box, but not the old one, so the new coupling "negotiates" 1Gb/s, but the cable can't handle it. The old box negotiates 100Mb/s and all is OK.

bbbuk
08-02-18, 21:08
Check router to see if box shows up in list of attached devices.

I've seen a virgin router somehow interpret the mac address of an old mobile of mine as random corrupt mac address whereas router was fine with other devices and this old mobile was fine with other routers.

ccs
08-02-18, 22:05
Check router to see if box shows up in list of attached devices.

I've seen a virgin router somehow interpret the mac address of an old mobile of mine as random corrupt mac address whereas router was fine with other devices and this old mobile was fine with other routers.It was fixed yesterday - different Ethernet cable.

thebuckets
11-05-19, 20:47
I have a similar problem. had all my boxes, miraclebox, octagon etc connected with homeplugs all were running fine but now showing unconfirmed ip address? any ideas

cactikid
11-05-19, 23:44
Reboot every thing boxes and router and home plugs if needed.

thebuckets
12-05-19, 20:38
done all that all wifi internet in home working fine but boxes not finding ip address

cactikid
12-05-19, 21:14
Power box off at rear then on and network test RED or all green?
My old vu duo had this and powering off at back fixed it.
Are lan cables flashing on boxes.

birdman
12-05-19, 21:28
done all that all wifi internet in home working fine but boxes not finding ip addressLogin to the command line on the box and run these two commands:

ifconfig
iwconfig
Post the result.