PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] Multi EPG question

thotha
05-02-18, 22:09
Dear readers

Unfortunately, my mother language isn't English, so I don't know if I'm able to explain it well enough.
In the multi epg view (where several TV channels are listet top to down) there is a red line visible to show the actual time right now.
My problem is that the mark which shows the what you what to see next doesn't follow the red line but most of the time will jump to the far right side.
What setting do I have to change that this follows the red line?
See the screenshot attached to understand it better.

Thank you for anyones help and suggestions.
Kind regards
Thomas

duoduo
06-02-18, 08:14
My understanding is that line is following how far into the programme it is. Have you tried changing to a different skin?

Sicilian
06-02-18, 08:45
Red line is in correct position. Time in the screen shots is 21:52 therefore its in the correct place.

abu baniaz
06-02-18, 10:49
He is referring to the highlighted service/event. i.e pressing down should highlight the current event. As can be seen in the screenshot with yellow and orange the next event has been highlightrd.

i tested this it worked fine. however, the OP is keeping old EPG, I did not test that.

adm
06-02-18, 18:15
He is referring to the highlighted service/event. i.e pressing down should highlight the current event. As can be seen in the screenshot with yellow and orange the next event has been highlightrd.

i tested this it worked fine. however, the OP is keeping old EPG, I did not test that.

It can be somewhat random of when it occurs but once it does it will always be repeatable, short term.

I also keep the old EPG albeit only 30 minutes worth in an EPG screen [1] set to 3 hours and I can confirm that when scrolling down normally the program highlighted corresponds to that being broadcast at the time BUT occasionally the "next" program to the right will be highlighted. Note that it is not the furthest right on the screen but the next program in the schedule. For me this doesn’t seem to a problem as the < button can be used to move the indication to the left.

[1] Menu → setup → epg → settings → Maintain old EPG data for = 30 minutes

The original poster seems to have set this for 2 hours on a 3 hour epg which to me seems rather excessive.

birdman
06-02-18, 19:16
He is referring to the highlighted service/event. i.e pressing down should highlight the current event. No. If the event you have elected is not the current event then it shouldn't jump to the current event if you go up/down to another channel - that would be a nightmare if you were a few days ahead in the EPG.
So it's actually supposed to move based on the start-stop time of the current selection. But that can involve moving backwards/forwards in time when programmes on different channels don't start/stop at the same time.

ccs
06-02-18, 19:44
No. If the event you have elected is not the current event then it shouldn't jump to the current event if you go up/down to another channel - that would be a nightmare if you were a few days ahead in the EPG.

Agreed.

(Very O/T - Browsing the EPG :), I noticed that the final episode of Next of Kin is tonight, not next Monday.)