PDA

View Full Version : Replacement mainboard.. where can i get one?

irishpol1
05-02-18, 15:15
Good afternoon,

I have an ET10000 PVR and this morning it stopped working. I believe I may have damaged the mainboard while changing the hard drive. I know I have 12v DC out of the power supply but the box won’t boot or even show anything on the display.

Can anyone advise me on where or how I would go about getting a replacement mainboard.

joysleep1
05-02-18, 15:17
Good afternoon,

I have an ET10000 PVR and this morning it stopped working. I believe I may have damaged the mainboard while changing the hard drive. I know I have 12v DC out of the power supply but the box won’t boot or even show anything on the display.

Can anyone advise me on where or how I would go about getting a replacement mainboard.

Sorry mate

I also have a dead xtrend 10000 just sitting behind my TV. It does not power on either. I think its the mainboard. There is no way of replacing this as far as i know

irishpol1
05-02-18, 15:23
Crap it.. they're not easy got, it suited me down to the ground because of the HDMI in. I was a able to route a CCTV system through it and it worked a treat. My HDD accidentally touched a heat sink and it tripped the house, resulting in the box not booting :o expensive mistake i guess.

I just sent Xtrend an email, I hope they reply quicker than they update their Facebook status ..lol

twol
05-02-18, 15:34
Xtrend were taken over, so I kind of think that you may be asking for the impossible....
You may also find that the newer boxes with hdmi in , don’t work as well and as transparently as the ET10000

irishpol1
05-02-18, 15:39
Xtrend were taken over, so I kind of think that you may be asking for the impossible....
You may also find that the newer boxes with hdmi in , don’t work as well and as transparently as the ET10000

Would you have any suggestions for a replacement?

joysleep1
05-02-18, 15:52
Crap it.. they're not easy got, it suited me down to the ground because of the HDMI in. I was a able to route a CCTV system through it and it worked a treat. My HDD accidentally touched a heat sink and it tripped the house, resulting in the box not booting :o expensive mistake i guess.

I just sent Xtrend an email, I hope they reply quicker than they update their Facebook status ..lol

They never really got back to me via email too. Mine just sits there not doing anything now. Do not really know what to do with it

twol
05-02-18, 15:54
Would you have any suggestions for a replacement?

Not easy ..... probably easier to look for an alternative hardware solution ... the Vu+ Utlimo 4K and the Giga 4K have hdmi-in ---- but don't know if they would do what you want and they are perhaps an expensive solution.

irishpol1
05-02-18, 16:04
Not easy ..... probably easier to look for an alternative hardware solution ... the Vu+ Utlimo 4K and the Giga 4K have hdmi-in ---- but don't know if they would do what you want and they are perhaps an expensive solution.

Thanks twol.. I'll have a think about it. Just spotted someone on eBay selling a second hand one, i might just pick up one of them.

twol
05-02-18, 16:12
Thanks twol.. I'll have a think about it. Just spotted someone on eBay selling a second hand one, i might just pick up one of them.

To be honest, my initial thought was replace with another ET10000, but even here they have disappeared

irishpol1
05-02-18, 16:26
To be honest, my initial thought was replace with another ET10000, but even here they have disappeared

That's what I meant when I said they're hard to get.. Not sure if I'm allowed to post links this here.. but there's two available here, I bought one :).

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Xtrend-ET-10000-digital-multimedia-receiver/192373772488?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

twol
05-02-18, 16:34
I wish you all the best with your new box.... just be careful when fitting HDD'S!!!

irishpol1
05-02-18, 16:42
I wish you all the best with your new box.... just be careful when fitting HDD'S!!!

Thanks for all you advice :trustme: the power will be off

sundancer
05-02-18, 20:35
There is a nice white one in the classified section you could have a look at :D

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?57805-Xtrend-ET10000-in-White-with-Quad-Tuners

No idea if its still available.

To be honest i would avoid any Xtrend before the ET7500 and ET8500 series due to that stupid battery powered security board they installed in the older receivers, knock the battery or wait for it to discharge and the receiver is only any good as a door stop.

Fortunately Xtrend came to their senses and didn't use them on the ET8500 and ET7500.

Xtrend did apparently say they were going to release a boot loader that would bypass the need for the security board. I'm not holding my breath on that one :mad:

Its a pity as they aren't bad receivers.

1554leslie
05-02-18, 21:17
Is the spec between the et 8000 and et 10000 much difference,The tuners are the same

twol
05-02-18, 21:34
Is the spec between the et 8000 and et 10000 much difference,The tuners are the same

Not a lot... ET10000 has hdmi-in and an extra tuner (upto 4).

joysleep1
06-02-18, 09:13

Also the et10000 has transcoding feature whereas the et8000 does not

1554leslie
06-02-18, 15:57
I have an et 8000 in my daughters room and a great box,Love my et 8500 to

tapfit2004
05-03-18, 00:46

Et8000 can have up to 3 original tuners but I have modified 3 boxes to take 4 tuners, 2 original dvb-s2's and 2 usb dvb-t2's.

I took out the front usb port, plugged in a 4 port usb hub and plugged in 2 usb dvb-t2 tuners into it.

I got 2 extension fly leads from the 2 tuners and put them on the blank cover that was in the 3rd tuner slot.

I can now record and watch programs at the same time on both satellite and terrestrial channels and it has worked perfectly.

Its a pity it doesn't do transcoding but it and the et10000 are my favourite boxes.

I would think that you could do the same on the et10000.

All the bits to do this cost around €45 and it took about an hour to do. One original dvb-t2 costs more than that.

The dvb-t2 tuner inputs are in the 3rd tuner position on the right in the picture.

birdman
05-03-18, 02:03
All the bits to do this cost around €45 and it took about an hour to do. One original dvb-t2 costs more than that.What USB DVB-T2 tuners did you get such that two of them cost < €45?

tapfit2004
24-05-18, 20:41
What USB DVB-T2 tuners did you get such that two of them cost < €45?

Sorry for the late reply.

I got cheap ones from ebay. They have a mini coax port on them for the aerial so I got a f-connector to mcx lead and drilled 2 holes in the blank cover that was in the 3rd tuner slot.

Ebay search;

"F female to mcx male" for the lead, around £1.50

"fc0012b" for the tuner, around £5.50

"usb splitter cable" for the usb hub, around £1.25

All delivered from China but you can pay more and get them way quicker from local sellers on eBay which is what I did.

I tried 4 tuners together but it didn't work, 3 worked but not great but 2 tuners works perfectly. I have one box with 3 x satellite tuners and 2 x USB dvb-t tuners and I can record on 4 and watch something on the 5th with no problem.

I have been using one converted box daily as the main viewing box for the last year and I haven't had any problems. It's worked way better than I expected.