PDA

View Full Version : [GiGaBlue UHD UE 4K] How to change jump ahead minutes.

lnoton
03-02-18, 15:42
How do you change the jump ahead time? It defaults to 5, and 4 would be ideal.

If there is no config for this, is there a file I can change on the box? Or perhaps fork and create a custom build? It means that much to me...trust me.

ccs
03-02-18, 15:50
Do you mean skip forward (and backwards) using numbered buttons, during playback?

If so, they can be changed....

Menu -> Setup -> Recordings, playback and timeshift -> recording and playback

(Menu may have changed around a bit).

lnoton
03-02-18, 15:54
Hi. No, I see that option in the menu to configure.

If I hold down fast forward. It pops up with a screen that says "jump x mins ahead"

X is 5 and you can move it up and down then hit ok.

I wondered if you could change the default value to 4.

ccs
03-02-18, 15:57
... don't know, but you can also change the value using the number keys.

You could always set a skip button to 240.

adm
03-02-18, 16:13

If I hold down fast forward. It pops up with a screen that says "jump x mins ahead"

Another bug in 5.1.013?
Holding down the fast forward key durubf a recording brings up a box that is completely devoid of any text - it just shows the number 5

ccs
03-02-18, 16:16
..... can you still input values and jump?

adm
03-02-18, 16:19

Have you considered using the 3, 6 and 9 buttons on the remote while watching a recording/timeshift
Pressing any of these buttons will jump forward by the configurable time in Menu -> Setup -> Recordings, playback and timeshift -> recording and playback -> custom skip time for 1'3 buttons. The time is in seconds. You can set different times for the 3 buttons.
Pressing the 1,4 or 7 buttons while watching a recording/timeshift jumps back by the number of seconds set up in that menu.

lnoton
03-02-18, 16:37
I think it's the skin I'm using that shows the text. I just want the default value to be 4 rather than 5.

lnoton
03-02-18, 16:37
Perhaps I'll embrace that option. I use a harmony remote, so don't easy have numbers to press.

ccs
04-02-18, 22:21
..... can you still input values and jump?Happens in 5.1.012 as well, and the answers are yes and yes.