PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Ultimo] Autotimer edit bug in 5.1.013

jukkal2
31-01-18, 23:18
I updated my Ultimo from 5.1.012 to 5.1.013 using the recommended method of entering the commands through telnet.
It works alright, but when I go to autotimers and select one autotimer to edit, the text pane at the bottom is unnecessarily high and it covers the color button menu and the lowest options on the screen. I also checked that when I flashed the image restoring settings, it still looks the same.
(The attached picture shows the screen with Finnish set as the interface language, but the English version looks the same.)

abu baniaz
01-02-18, 08:06
Thanks for reporting. Issue is still present in latest Dev image. We will have a look at it

< 820.714> [Skin] processing screen AutoTimerEditor:
< 820.715> [Skin] Unable to find screen 'HalfScreenTemplate' referred in screen 'AutoTimerEditor'

abu baniaz
01-02-18, 08:18
Fixed here
https://github.com/OpenViX/skins/commit/e4e804ebe8be2dd193a93d6f2eb3d19ff40e4a09

jukkal2
01-02-18, 16:34
I just noticed that the default skin doesn't have this problem.
ViX-Night-HD looks better, but I guess I can live with the default skin until the next update is released.

ccs
01-02-18, 17:53
I just noticed that the default skin doesn't have this problem.
ViX-Night-HD looks better, but I guess I can live with the default skin until the next update is released.Unless I'm very much mistaken, ViX-Night-HD is the default skin.

abu baniaz
01-02-18, 17:58
Unless I'm very much mistaken, ViX-Night-HD is the default skin.
Default skin is the fallback skin

ccs
01-02-18, 18:12
Default skin is the fallback skin
Just tried, and the default skin is an option, so I must have changed to ViX-Night-HD many moons ago.

I really thought I was using the default.

abu baniaz
01-02-18, 18:24
It is confusing to grasp that both have same name but in a different context.

The standard skin on ViX is VixNightHD. It is used by default.

The fallback skin, is called default skin.

jukkal2
11-02-18, 12:04
The autotimer edit bug in Vix-Night-HD skin got fixed when I online-updated to 5.1.014.
But now the timer list doesn't show the functions of the color buttons. I also tried changing the interface language to English and rebooting the box, but it didn't help. Fortunately I can remember that red means delete timer, yellow is disable/enable and green is add new timer, so I can probably live with this until it is fixed.

ccs
11-02-18, 12:07
Are there any others? Could make life quite tricky!

Huevos
11-02-18, 16:42
Switch the box into english and post a screen grab.

abu baniaz
11-02-18, 16:51
Weird, it is working for me. Can you try uninstalling, and then re-installing the skin?

You could also try the "Simple 1080" skin.

abu baniaz
11-02-18, 16:58
What language are you using please?

ccs
11-02-18, 17:01
.... my guess would be Finnish.

edit: I tried 3 long words, they all translated from Finnish to English.

abu baniaz
11-02-18, 17:11
Tried Suomi, this is what happens.

jukkal2
11-02-18, 19:08
Weird, it is working for me. Can you try uninstalling, and then re-installing the skin?
You could also try the "Simple 1080" skin.

I tried uninstalling and re-installing the openvix-vix-night-hd skin, didn't make any difference.
Next I flashed back to image 5.1.013 (as I didn't find 5.1.014 downloadable) without restoring settings and updated it to 5.1.014, no restoring and not even channel search, just checked that pressing the green button showed the empty timer list and green circle with text "Add".
Then I restored the settings and plugins from the backup that was created when I started flashing, and the green button showed again the timer list without any text for the color buttons, like in the previous picture I posted. BTW, the color buttons are also shown as colored the same way as in the "default" skin, not black-centered circles like they used to be in vix-night-hd. Just like the previous picture I posted.
Changed to vix-day-hd skin which showed the color button text as expected, nothing wrong there.
Deleted and re-installed the vix-night-hd skin, thinking that it may work differently now that my ui was using another skin (unlike previously when I did the uninstall and re-install without changing the skin used), but when I changed back to vix-night-hd, it showed the timer list without the color button texts again.

Oh, and the user interface language is Finnish (suomi), as was asked and guessed in the thread. But changing to English didn't bting the color button texts back again and didn't change the color balls to circles either, so I don't think posting another picture with English as the ui language would enlighten this more.

abu baniaz
11-02-18, 19:13
How are you invoking this screen. Mention all the button pushes please.

jukkal2
11-02-18, 19:25
How are you invoking this screen. Mention all the button pushes please.

Just pressing the green button when the receiver is on and showing some live tv program.

abu baniaz
11-02-18, 19:31
Weird, it is working fine for me. Please change your language to English, restart, repeat and then post a screenshot

jukkal2
11-02-18, 19:49
Weird, it is working fine for me. Please change your language to English, restart, repeat and then post a screenshot

Like I said, changing to English didn't change anything but the title at the top of the screen.
But I just realized that I had /etc/enigma2/skin_user_ViX-Night-HD.xml where I had a modified screen name="MovieSelection" element that I had edited to show the recording description text at the bottom right in a larger font like somebody hinted some time ago.
When I renamed the file and restarted enigma2, the timer menu worked as expected and I saw the color button menu as expected.

So I guess the skin control xml from earlier versions is incompatible with 5.1.014 and I just need to figure out again how to enlarge the recording description font in this version. (wish it could be set in the interface settings to avoid confusion like this..)

abu baniaz
11-02-18, 19:53
Edit it in line with the recent changes.

As the original issue is resolved, I shall close this thread. Please start a new thread if reqiuired.

I would suggest you stipulate that you are using your own xml files in future.