PDA

View Full Version : report problem effecting octagan 4008 llatest images

hazzardboy7
30-01-18, 16:56
Hi, ive been upgrading my octagon 4008 images regularly, since this year all the updates have left me without powervu channels working, if i go back to the last image of 2017 it works fine.
Has anyone got powervu working using the newer images, and how do i contact octagon to help get this fixed.

Im not asking how do decode these channels, its more of a case of informing people who write these images there is a problem.

thanks

hazzardboy7
08-02-18, 14:41
i guess this is a driver problem, also tried the latest version of atv image, and powervu channels did the same on that image as well, it was fine with the late 2017 images, i think snce then, they changed/updated the driver twice.

I have sent an email to octagan support, but no reply, thought iw ould of had an email at least, very disappointed in that, they could of had least confirmed they got my message

thanks

hazzardboy7
11-02-18, 10:54
hi, updated to new updated image,and still no fix for powervu, the support for this octagan 4008 is something else.

I email actagan 3 times now, no reply contacted them on facebook, no reply, if you are thinking of buying an actagan 4008 these are a nice box, but support lets it down, octagan make a lot of promises and deliver very little, my advice is to buy a different make sat box, i wish i had, while most sat recivers can decode powervu without stream relay, us octagan 4008 uses cant view powervu at all with the new images, this happened with images from 2018, if i use an old image powervu works fine, it stopped working with the new drivers came out.

not very happy to be honest, very poor customer support from octagan, you have been warned, dont buy an actagon product

ccs
11-02-18, 11:40
I don't think Octagon is the only manufacturer that ignores customer emails, far from it.

Maybe Oscam 11399 will help?

Never heard of Powervu before, but google shows lots of ways to bypass encryption barriers,
so maybe Octagon are tightening up their drivers?

hazzardboy7
11-02-18, 11:56
hi i am using the lastest version of oscam, but thanks for trying to help.

Lets face it, most sat recivers now can decode powervu without stream relay, with octagon boxes we have to use it, i have no issue with that, but now we cant see it at all.

All started with the new drivers at the end of december 2017, lets be honest if a company cant reply to an email or a message on facebook, what kind of customer service is that, there is clearly a bug in the new driver,s as now and again you can hear the sound for a half a second, you go out of your way to report this issue, and they cant even be bothered to reply, to be honest i wish i would of stuck with the new dreamboxes, these sat receivers are only as good as the software on them, overall the oactagon is a nice box, but let down by the software on it currently, i mean, do they have beta testers, looking for these kind of bugs??

thanks

Sicilian
11-02-18, 13:13
to be honest i wish i would of stuck with the new dreamboxes

Then you'd really know the meaning on driver bugs. One of the reasons we've never supported Dreambox.

hazzardboy7
12-02-18, 16:10
Hi tried a different image today called satdream GR powervu working fine on that, so are they using a different driver, anyone have any idea, what is different to openvix to their image?

thanks

ccs
12-02-18, 16:13
Hi tried a different image today called satdream GR powervu working fine on that, so are they using a different driver, anyone have any idea, what is different to openvix to their image?You'll probably have more idea which drivers they're using.

twol
12-02-18, 16:20
Hi tried a different image today called satdream GR powervu working fine on that, so are they using a different driver, anyone have any idea, what is different to openvix to their image?

thanks
Depends when the build was built, as to which drivers are in the image.
The image is basically an old OpenPli E2 clone with the latest meta sources for the receivers.

hazzardboy7
12-02-18, 18:58
Depends when the build was built, as to which drivers are in the image.
The image is basically an old OpenPli E2 clone with the latest meta sources for the receivers.

Hello to all, first i wanted to say thanks to open vix image team, im not having a go at them, but i not best pleased with octagon, not answering support emails i feel is very poor.

anyway on tot he answering the question the image i tried today came from here

h##p://sgcpm.com/satdreamgr-images/octagon/sf4008/

file from the 6th of jan 2018 i did an ota and that still worked afterwards but only showed one 1 file update.

I just wish this bug what ever it is was fixed, its a shame, im not sure if it is related to the new drivers in the new image or not to be honest, but it started early this year the image im using now is an old vix image 03 01 2018 works, but this was the last one that did, i think.

ccs
12-02-18, 19:48
In ViX, Menu/Information/About tells you which drivers are being used.:)

john doe
12-02-18, 19:59
there is another forum that has something about powervu and oscam. not sure if I can mention it on here. but if you google it theres plenty of info

hazzardboy7
12-02-18, 21:14
there is another forum that has something about powervu and oscam. not sure if I can mention it on here. but if you google it theres plenty of info

hi yes i dont want to get the thread closed, but i use the same files etc, only a different image and it works, uisng on old vix at the moment and that works too, only time it dont is when i use new vix images

hazzardboy7
12-02-18, 21:15
In ViX, Menu/Information/About tells you which drivers are being used.:)

cant do that now, ive removed it sadly

hazzardboy7
15-02-18, 19:33
Openvix 5 1 016 Release Sf4008 Usb

anyone using this version, and confirm if powervu channels are working on this version or not.

thanks

ccs
15-02-18, 19:36
I think you'll have to try it yourself, no one else on this thread appears to have ever used it.

hazzardboy7
21-02-18, 15:54
2 more updates have happened recently, still no fix on powervu, if you are thinking of buying a octagon 4008 sat box, my advice don't, the 4008 could be the best sat box out there, its a good price, but these boxes are only as good as the support by the manufacturer and in this case it is terrible, i mean, what company don't bother to reply to customers emails.

Never again will i buy an octagon product, this is not having a go, at any one here or anyone making the images or the company world of satellite either, its at octagan themselves, never seen such bad customer service in 20 years of buying satellite items,always at least had a reply, but not happened from octagon, and from reading the octagon offical forum there seems like many people are saying similar things, not about powervu as much, but about poor drivers, poor support, etc, i know given what i know now, i wouldn't of brought mine.

thanks

twol
21-02-18, 16:15
When they announced that they would be selling an E2 receiver, I thought great as their other products appear to be reasonable and also a Germany company. Unfortunately, I don‘t believe they recognised how demanding this marketplace can be, and also having to work with Asian suppliers for both hardware and firmware is an interesting learning curve.
Their biggest mistake was promising the earth right at the start ... “you want xyz“, “OK, have that shortly“

Maybe, if they have a follow on product, they will have learned ......... only time will tell:)

hazzardboy7
21-02-18, 17:21
yes i agree with that,the box itself is good, nice looking, fast good spec etc, but the box is only as good as the support.

What makes me really angry is the lack of support in the way of emails etc, you go to the trouble of sending them a detailed email, and they cant even bother to reply, yet when i wanted to buy a octagon, they soon replied.

I think they should be working really hard to fix these issues they promised, kodi (im not bothered about it) blind scan powervu, etc and have good beta testers, so many times ive noticed bugs, but months later the bug is still there.

Anyway no reply from octagon still, but i did have a reply on the octagan forum from a member (not oatagon themselves) saying this is a bug, and as a work around, record the program then watch it back, so it is about 5 seconds behind the live recording and it should give sound and picture.

this i can confirm works, its ok if you have a hard drive, so for me it is not great fix, but a fix non the less for now, maybe octagan might even fix this issue who knows, problem is the planet will go end one day, so im not sure what will happen first octagan fixing this issue, or the planet going bang.

ocean04
23-02-18, 20:08
I've had SF4008 for more than 1year now, and I believe it's still today the best (satellite box) you can get. S2X, multistream, very good tuner for weak signals.

I have money, but there is nothing better

hazzardboy7
25-02-18, 18:01
yes it sure is a great box, im not going to say it isn't, good value for money, i cant really fault it, however i cant say the same about the images, which i guess in part are down to octagon, just got another update on open vix, but still no sound on powervu, which im not surprised about, as i guess this is a driver issue.

If only octagon can test drivers and support the product better, im sure they would sell more items,i heard they are now working on the 5008, i wont be buying one, unless they address these issues, as we know these boxes are as only as good as the images/ drivers installed on them.

thanks

hazzardboy7
16-03-18, 23:33
Hi, i see a new update today, anyone tell me f powervu is fixed, i guess its not, but im using an old image, and i cant test it easily
thanks

ccs
17-03-18, 10:58
I can't see anything new in the latest release (5.1.020) relating specifically to the sf4008/powervu.

My guess is you're the only person on here who's using it with a sf4008, so I doubt you'll get any replies.

hazzardboy7
17-03-18, 11:05
thanks you are probably right , there are drivers fixed in the read me, not sure they would say o by the way we fixed powervu, even if they had.

There are a few people on other forums talking about powervu not working on this box, but as u said not many i guess.

thanks

gammgubbe
24-03-18, 11:46
thanks you are probably right , there are drivers fixed in the read me, not sure they would say o by the way we fixed powervu, even if they had.

There are a few people on other forums talking about powervu not working on this box, but as u said not many i guess.

thanksI'll be happy to test if you can tell how to [emoji6] tried before but didn't work at all (stream relay) but it was with much older vix image, maybe is different today with latest image.

Skickat från min SM-G903F via Tapatalk

hazzardboy7
24-03-18, 19:28
tried it and also just got updates, still no fix, what a company octagon are, no reply to emails, no reply from them (maybe people confirming they have the same issue) worst support ever, i wont be buying anything else made by octagon, that is for sure

Sicilian
24-03-18, 22:19
tried it and also just got updates, still no fix, what a company octagon are, no reply to emails, no reply from them (maybe people confirming they have the same issue) worst support ever, i wont be buying anything else made by octagon, that is for sure

You have PM.

hazzardboy7
25-03-18, 16:58
You have PM.

thank you, sent a reply.

gammgubbe
31-03-18, 15:02
I have followed guide for OpenATV and there I am suppose to be able to get PowerVu without stream relay. As you can see I am pretty close but still black screen (yes key is correct and cam works, verified with biss channel). I use Oscam-emu from feed. It seems I need a missing driver. Sure I could switch image to OpenATV but I don't like change image everytime I want to do something, besides I feel comfortable in OpenVix, just wish they could cover whatever is missing. I hope I don't violate any rules with this post, as you can see it is generally speaking, no keys are mentioned or howto... :)

hazzardboy7
12-04-18, 13:24
A futher update:
more updates have happened overnight, downloaded them still no fix on powervu,

If you are thinking of buying a octagon 4008 sat box, my advice don't, the 4008 could be the best sat box out there, its a good price, but these boxes are only as good as the support by the manufacturer and in this case it is terrible, i mean, what company don't bother to reply to customers emails.

Never again will i buy an octagon product, IM NOT not having a go, at any one on this forum or the world of satellite shop either, its at octagan themselves, never seen such bad customer service in 20 years of buying satellite items,always at least had a reply, but not happened from octagon, and from reading the octagon offical forum there seems like many people are saying similar things, not about powervu as much, but about poor drivers, poor support, etc, i know given what i know now, i wouldn't of brought mine.

thanks

ccs
12-04-18, 13:42
Sounds like a bug to me which happens stop illegal viewing of ip streams, could be wrong though.

hazzardboy7
12-04-18, 21:19
hi, if it is, then no other sat box company are bothered, also old images are fine, i give up with octagon to be honest

sami noor
17-04-18, 21:12
A futher update:
more updates have happened overnight, downloaded them still no fix on powervu,

If you are thinking of buying a octagon 4008 sat box, my advice don't, the 4008 could be the best sat box out there, its a good price, but these boxes are only as good as the support by the manufacturer and in this case it is terrible, i mean, what company don't bother to reply to customers emails.

Never again will i buy an octagon product, IM NOT not having a go, at any one on this forum or the world of satellite shop either, its at octagan themselves, never seen such bad customer service in 20 years of buying satellite items,always at least had a reply, but not happened from octagon, and from reading the octagon offical forum there seems like many people are saying similar things, not about powervu as much, but about poor drivers, poor support, etc, i know given what i know now, i wouldn't of brought mine.

thanks

we work on driver improvements, thanks for patience

sami noor
17-04-18, 21:14
HbbTV Fix. 15-04-18

https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-core/tree/4.1/meta-brands/meta-octagon

--> atvcaptain [webkit hbbtv] update npapi plugin

Ab heute Images Online !
From today Images Online !
Yarinki imajlardan itibaren Online !

Danke Captain OpenATV.

hazzardboy7
18-04-18, 13:22
i updated to today's update, no powervu fix, lets see what happens in the up and coming weeks

sami noor
18-04-18, 14:07
OCTAGON SF4008 4K UHD E2 Multistream DVB-S2X

News:
atvcaptain [webkit] add New hbbtv plugin

Ready on ALL Images!
Für alle Images Online!
Tüm Imajlara Online!

https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-core/tree/4.1/meta-brands/meta-octagon

SF4008 Product Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeJKQlMb9Ss&feature=youtu.be

sami noor
18-04-18, 14:09
i updated to today's update, no powervu fix, lets see what happens in the up and coming weeks

Really we are working on many things

Sicilian
18-04-18, 14:11
Really we are working on many things

When are you going to sort our Powervu that Hazzardboy has been complaining about for months? He even contacted you directly as requested, yet he got no reply.

hazzardboy7
18-04-18, 17:03
When are you going to sort our Powervu that Hazzardboy has been complaining about for months? He even contacted you directly as requested, yet he got no reply.

yes thank you, since i brought my octagon, us customers have had many promises, all of them have been broken, we customers were told blind-scan would be fixed very soon, that was 9 months ago, powervu issue still waiting for a fix, now dont get me wrong, i think ive been patient, and i can still be even more patient, but no replies to email either to octagon to to the email i was given, is a very poor level of customer service.

Customers are getting very tried now of broken promises, its now time to deliver i think, the 4008 is a great box, i cant really fault it, but the support side is the problem, us customers are not asking for things that have not been promised, blindscan, kodi (which personally im not bothered about) i will wait a little while longer, in the hope of a powervu fix, but not answering emails is very poor, the only time i got a reply to an email, was when i emailed octagon, asking where is the best place to buy one from, funny that, i got a reply within a few hours of that email.

So please octagon, give us what we were told would be on this box, and fix powervu and blindscan etc, then i will be the first person to say thank you, but until then, my comment stands, no matter what is offered or sold by octagon, i wont be buying it.

gammgubbe
01-05-18, 18:32
Hi,

I upgraded my ViX image through online feed. It now says version 5.1.026 (Release). Drivers 2018-03-28. Before the upgrade I swifted through the list of changes and I saw pvu support had been added. I assumed (right or wrong) it meant Power Vu support. However, no picture, neither with stream relay nor without stream relay. I made sure I had correct keys and that cam worked (verfied with a biss encrypted channel). I use oscam-emu from feed.

Logs:
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I don't know what all this means, hope it gives a clue to the guys who makes the ViX images. If information above is illegal to post moderators are of course free to censore the illegal part (I don't see any keys in it).

Besides the missing Power Vu I also noticed menues seem to lag. When I press OK button I see epg 1 and when pressing OK again I should see epg 2 immediately but it comes after couple of seconds. If epg2 is not the correct term please see post 29 in this thread what I mean.

hazzardboy7
15-05-18, 17:39
OCTAGON SF4008 4K UHD E2 Multistream DVB-S2X

News:
atvcaptain [webkit] add New hbbtv plugin

Ready on ALL Images!
Für alle Images Online!
Tüm Imajlara Online!

SF4008 Product Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeJKQlMb9Ss&feature=youtu.be

well its almost 1 month later and we are still waiting, i wonder what will come first, the year 2020 or a fix for the stuff we have been promised from the start of this sat box being sold, personally i think the year 2020 will come before Octogan give a s"it about us customers, and sort these issues

Sicilian
16-05-18, 10:54
well its almost 1 month later and we are still waiting, i wonder what will come first, the year 2020 or a fix for the stuff we have been promised from the start of this sat box being sold, personally i think the year 2020 will come before Octogan give a s"it about us customers, and sort these issues

I think you'll find they are taking issues reported very seriously. I have actually been told today your issue is fixed, but not released to public yet. So expect a fix very soon.

@ Hazard you have pm too.

gammgubbe
25-05-18, 08:17
I think you'll find they are taking issues reported very seriously. I have actually been told today your issue is fixed, but not released to public yet. So expect a fix very soon.

@ Hazard you have pm too.

Any info when the issue will be released to public? Maybe you can send the pm to me aswell, the issue is as big for me as for Hazard :)

hazzardboy7
25-05-18, 11:15
Any info when the issue will be released to public? Maybe you can send the pm to me aswell, the issue is as big for me as for Hazard :)

Hi there.
I will give you an update, are you ready for the news, please sit down, in case you are shocked by the answer i will give you.

wait for it

wait a little longer

ok here goes, make sure you are sitting down

answer is.............

the is still no fix that is public

Now to be fair to Sicilian, he has tried to help, he sent me a public image which does clears AFN on powervu and no streamrelay is needed, i can confirmed that worked, using N CAM, i couldn't get oscam to work on it, but i didn't spend long trying to be fair, other powervu channels didn't clear at all using either cam.

Do yourself a favor and do one of two things, either sell the box and buy something where the company who sells it, will give there customers support unlike Octagon, or use an old image the last version of 2017 works on all powervu channels with keys and uses stream relay.

I can only praise Sicilian for trying to help, he has asked me which was the last version to work on all powervu channels, this info has been given to him, but Ive now been waiting for this fix of powervu for almost 6 months , been waiting for blindscan to work since i brought the box, that is over a year ago, still waiting for that as well.

If just one person who reads this message and it puts them off buying a Octagon, then it is great, i hope many more dont buy one too, i know of 2 friends of mine who wont be buying one, after i spoke to them, i hope there are many more customers that they have lost are out there too, nothing would give me greater pleasure, in hearing that.

DO YOURSELF A BIG FAVOUR DON'T BUY ANYTHING FROM OCTAGON, the support is the worst i have ever seen from any company, sent over 20 emails to them, not one reply, sent an email to the guy who can help with the help of Sicilian, still no reply.

I think 6 months is long enough to fix any software issue, or in the case of blindscan over a year, Octagon, made loads of promises to sell these boxes, and im still waiting, as i said above, i wonder what will arrive first, Christmas 2020 or a fix for powervu, blondscan and all the other things that Octagon promised when they wanted to sell there products, my money is xmas 2020 arriving first, least you know there is a very good chance of that arriving.

ccs
25-05-18, 11:24
I think we got the message that you don't like Octagon a long time ago.:)

Sicilian
25-05-18, 12:13
Theres a bit more to the Octagon SF4008 than illegally accessing Powervu channels and Blindscan isn't even in the specs. Anyway thread closed, you've said your piece.