PDA

View Full Version : Possible Tuner Failure?

flyboy70
29-01-18, 10:00
Hi, I have been using a DUO2 now for about 1 year (3 Satellites via a DiSec switch) and all working fine - overnight, i lost ALL Sat signals from all 3 sats - i have NOT done any update etc - I changed the tuner over to Tuner B, and same result.

The signal strength indicator FLASHES 100% to 0% every few seconds.

My question to you is - have any of you had such a problem?
Is it the Disec Switch the problem?
Is the Vu+ broken?

etc - not sure where to turn now.

thanks for any feedback

Ashley69
29-01-18, 10:08
We’ve had high winds overnight so maybe a dish problem. Also check all your connect and cables.

flyboy70
29-01-18, 13:29
not in austria we didn't :) - but yes, i'm checking the cables today now that its light.

deltec
29-01-18, 13:36
iv just flashed the lates image on to my duo 2 satellite box set every thing up it says check u config files the dish will not turn I no its working blackhole working pli working open atv working etc etc etc is this a bug I even did the telnet instructions to see if that would help nothing what is up any boday having the same problem regards

john doe
29-01-18, 13:41
not in austria we didn't :) - but yes, i'm checking the cables today now that its light.

I was going to say, you both live in the same area:D

deltec
29-01-18, 14:01
no I'm in the uk open blackhole woking ok even put the latest blackhole again and its working have u got a motorised dish :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D very strange just put vti working I cant be rong same tuner config with every image iv put on all working great 56 east to 45 west plusrs cable tuner config set up checked and double checked regards ps OpenDroid worging spa working cant get my head round this one

deltec
29-01-18, 14:28
new box just come over £500 worth cable tuner x2 satellite tuner x2 samsong ssd hd put the vix image on the box not working the same as the vu duo2 it say tuner not configerd lol

abu baniaz
29-01-18, 14:38
It is a process of elimination

Are you able to check with another receiver?
Can you bypass the diseqc switch?

deltec
29-01-18, 14:46
iv checked bud Vu+ Ultimo 4K and the vu duo2 very strange

balosh
29-01-18, 21:25
all of vu duo2 receiver users facing the same software problem about an year back .no support from vu plus team or forums even the receiver company is not releasing such drivers supporting the tuners. wait wait and wait....
:rolleyes:

abu baniaz
29-01-18, 21:49
all of vu duo2 receiver users facing the same software problem about an year back .no support from vu plus team or forums even the receiver company is not releasing such drivers supporting the tuners. wait wait and wait....

How have you established that this is a software issue?

OP did not update software. Surely that is indicative of a hardware fault?

Power supply (not enough power to supply tuner)
F-plug on cable
Cable between receiver and diseqc switch
Diseqc switch
Tuner
Motherboard

Andy_Hazza
29-01-18, 22:44

I have family & friends that have Vu+ Duo 2’s and are using ViX 5.1.013 and no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flyboy70
30-01-18, 08:52
thanks for all replys - i disconnected the disec switch and connected the LNB directly to the tuner and reconfigured it - and it worked - so it looks like the disec switch didnt like the freezing conditions outside by the dish ...