PDA

View Full Version : Problems receiving cable channels

28-01-18, 00:43
Hi

I have a problem receiving cable channels at my VU+ Ultimo 4K
I hope some of you in here can help me with this problem.
Here is some information about my setup.
VU+ Ultimo 4K with latest Openvix 5 1 012 Release.
At slot A is installed FBC DVB-C tuner (8 Demodulators) Configured as tuner A - H
At slot C is installed DVB-C/T2 Dual Hybrid Tuner, Configured as tuner I – J
I have two different cable providers. Provider 1 connected to the tuner at slot A, and provider 2 connected to the tuner at slot C.
My setup for tuners are / tuner config / miscellaneous / preferred tuner / auto.
I have done a scan, all channels for both providers is found and listed in the channel list.
I can watch all the channels from the FBC tuner at slot A without any problems, but if I switch to a channel from the tuner at slot C, I only get black screen, and a message that tune failed.
If I change tuner setup from auto, to preferred tuner I or J, I can watch the channels from the tuner at Slot C, but then all the channels from the FBC tuner at Slot A is missing
I there a solution for auto switching between the tuners at slot A and slot C
I have spent many days and hours searching for a solution.
I have tried several different images without luck. Now is back to OpenVix because this is the image I like most.
Hope some of you have an idea about how to fix this.
Thanks.

skippie
27-03-18, 11:47
If you mean you have DVB-S FBC installed in slot A then got the same setup as you
My settings > Miscellaneous :

auto
disabled
disabled
disabled
disabled
disabled
no
yes
yes
yes
DVB-S/-C/-T

everything works perfect here.

abu baniaz
27-03-18, 12:34
The question being asked is really: Can I use two different cable providers?

As far as I know this is not possible. If it is, it would mean combining the two signal cables and attaching to both tuners and not ignoring the extra details in namespace.