PDA

View Full Version : Very basic setup question - tuner config

edanto
24-01-11, 22:51
So, I've literally just opened the box on my Vu+ Duo, having read this forum for a week or two and I'm rather excited!

I just need a little help getting the basics set up. For now, I want to stick with the original software on the box - next week I'll try something like VIX or Pli.

Unfortunately, I'm lost in a wilderness of ignorance and several of these questions will be basic - hopefully that means they are easy to answer.

The house I've moved into has a dish, which I've inherited (one LNB), and a cable which is now plugged into the back of my Vu+ Duo (LNB 1 position).

I would like to watch the FreeSat channels

First Basic Question: I don't know which satellite the dish may be pointed at, but it looks the same as the neighbours which is pointed at sky.

No. 2 Should I have tuner A set to 'loopthrough to Tuner B' or vice versa?
What should the tuner that is not set to loopthrough be set to?

Currently I have A set to loopthrough to B, and B set to advanced ; Astra 28.2, LNB1 comes up underneath when I set to that satellite (and nothing for any other sats).

I did a channel scan and it took a while, but found about 1000 services.

But when I go EXIT all the way back, I just have a black screen with a Vu+ logo and 'loading enigma2...' in the corner.

If I try and select any channel from the list it says 'Service unavailable. Check tuner configuration'

Hopefully that's enough details for you guys to help me! cheers

plusser
24-01-11, 23:31
So, I've literally just opened the box on my Vu+ Duo, having read this forum for a week or two and I'm rather excited!

I just need a little help getting the basics set up. For now, I want to stick with the original software on the box - next week I'll try something like VIX or Pli.

Unfortunately, I'm lost in a wilderness of ignorance and several of these questions will be basic - hopefully that means they are easy to answer.

The house I've moved into has a dish, which I've inherited (one LNB), and a cable which is now plugged into the back of my Vu+ Duo (LNB 1 position).

I would like to watch the FreeSat channels

First Basic Question: I don't know which satellite the dish may be pointed at, but it looks the same as the neighbours which is pointed at sky.

No. 2 Should I have tuner A set to 'loopthrough to Tuner B' or vice versa?
What should the tuner that is not set to loopthrough be set to?

Currently I have A set to loopthrough to B, and B set to advanced ; Astra 28.2, LNB1 comes up underneath when I set to that satellite (and nothing for any other sats).

I did a channel scan and it took a while, but found about 1000 services.

But when I go EXIT all the way back, I just have a black screen with a Vu+ logo and 'loading enigma2...' in the corner.

If I try and select any channel from the list it says 'Service unavailable. Check tuner configuration'

Hopefully that's enough details for you guys to help me! cheers

Try:

tuner A = Astra 28.2
tuner B = nothing connected (or loopthrough)

Scan tuner A and then report back.

+er

edanto
24-01-11, 23:34
I've found a similar thread on another forum, and I'm working my way through the advice in it. A good bit of it is over my head though!

One thing that someone suggested was to only use one tuner, so I've set B to 'nothing connected' and A to simple Astra 28.2, and it's doing another scan now.

However, last time after it finished the scan, it just said 'scan done' - I presumed I was to press 'OK' or 'exit'?

Would it be a better idea to just move to VIX - any benefits/ risks? If I screw up VIX can I get back to this setup?

edanto
24-01-11, 23:55
Noted bassethound - no links to other forums that may or may not exist! That link was kinda to help me find it again as mcuh as anyone else that might have the same problem. No dramas though, I'm just learning how things go around here.

Back to the my setup. The scan has completed with 1000 or so services found. I pressed 'exit' and now I'm back to the black screen. Attempting to change channel gives the same result.

'service unavailable. Check tuner configuration'