PDA

View Full Version : New receiver setup

colheath
27-01-18, 16:20
Hi, I've just purchased a solo 4k, is it possible to transfer settings, recordings, etc. from my existing Solo 2 either by ftp or flash drive? Just thinking it would save me a little time.

Cheers.

Andy_Hazza
27-01-18, 16:23
Recordings you will be able to transfer from your Solo2 to Solo4K via ftp no problem. As the Solo4K is an ARM chip based processor, I would setup that from scratch. The Solo2 is a Mips chip based processor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaMacFunkin
27-01-18, 20:18
Hi, if you know how to telnet into the box, you can copy and paste quite a lot of settings, but it might be easier manually entering your settings into my existing config.

guyclark
05-04-18, 15:56
HI, guys!

I've got a second Solo 4K unit, currently still with the "original" software. Can I easily copy the whole system (including all of my settings (especially those for the tuners!)) from my first unit to the second, and be able to skip all the tedious setting up of all the satellites on the tuners?

I did the system backup thing I read about last week. Do I simply copy those files to a USB key and use it to flash to the new receiver as if it were a custom "image"?

Thanx!!!

Guy Clark
Los Gatos, CA, USA

abu baniaz
06-04-18, 12:17
You can create an image backup and flash the backup on the second receiver. This will be an exact copy of the image.

guyclark
06-04-18, 15:21
Excellent!!

That could make my life a bit easier!

Thanx for the information!!!

Guy