PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] Possible bug with timers and going into deep standby (5.1.012)

bsod
23-01-18, 13:22
Hi,

since updating to 5.1.012 I have noticed that after the DUO2 has finished a timer recording it no longer enters deep-standby. I am not totally sure if this started to occur with 5.1.011 or 5.1.012, I was only on 5.1.011 for a very short time before 5.1.012 was released. I will do some more testing, but I would be interested to hear if anyone else has experienced this.

By the way, the timers are all auto-timers and the "After Event" setting is set to "Standard". I haven't tried a manual timer yet, but will give one a try and see what happens.

tia

Craig

ccs
23-01-18, 14:06
Mine works ok with "After Event" set to "go to deep standby", so it might be an issue with "Standard", although I've not noticed that setting before.

bsod
24-01-18, 01:08
Ok, it is now beginning to look like a false alarm. I cannot get it to fail with auto-timers. Still need to try with a manual timer but I suspect it will work as expected. I suspect it was an end user ID10T error (as in IDIOT) :(

Craig

Mickkie
26-01-18, 12:09
I was going to post a similar question:

I only want "After Event" to "go to deep standby" if the box was in Deep Standby before the recording started, but not otherwise. I thought the "standard" setting should do this, or at least place the box in Standby. Instead I've noticed it is left on after a recording. What setting(s) should I use so the box reverts to its previous setting (On/Standby/Deep Standby) after a recording?

bsod
26-01-18, 14:58
Can confirm it works as expected for both auto and manual one off timers. By that I mean if the After Event setting is set to "Standard" it does go into deep standby once the timer finishes. If the unit is being used (not in standby) when that happens then a message box pops on the screen up saying the timer has finished and do you want to continue the shutdown.

I also noticed that "deep standby" was also an option in timers, but seeing the default setting of "Standard" seemed to do what I wanted I didn't see much point in changing it.

Not sure what happened earlier on, but whatever it was, it appears to have been a one off or a very rare occurrence, whatever it is.

Craig

Mickkie
26-01-18, 17:49
Thanks Craig, I just did a test with a manual timer and it worked as advertised. So, my earlier observation must have been wrong, or also an one off ... :confused:

ccs
26-01-18, 19:53
Just an observation, timer after event values are auto, go to standby, go to deep standby, do nothing.
Autotimers also have the standard option.

Timers created from an autotimer with after event of standard, end up with after event of auto.