PDA

View Full Version : Changing WiFi help

Notebook64
23-01-18, 08:58
Hi
Have my box running on WiFi and just installed a vpn router. Therefore I want to swap it to the new router signal. I can find network wizard but after choosing network etc I enter password and click enter and it just goes back to start. If I enter the password and then press the up arrow it has the password. Have reset the adapter etc and still the same.

Ashley69
23-01-18, 09:48
In the network menu you will see the menu (scan for wireless networks) press ok. Chose your new router wireless network press ok. Don’t forget to change the encryption to wpa/wpa2. Enter password and press ok to activate network.

Notebook64
23-01-18, 12:16
In the network menu you will see the menu (scan for wireless networks) press ok. Chose your new router wireless network press ok. Don’t forget to change the encryption to wpa/wpa2. Enter password and press ok to activate network.

Isn’t that the same as the network wizard. I scanned and chose. Wpa etc. Password and nothing

Ashley69
23-01-18, 12:57
Have you tried a reboot of box and router.

Joe_90
23-01-18, 12:59
In the network wizard I found that there is an issue with password entry not being saved using the on-screen (GUI) keyboard. If you press the teletext key on your remote, you can enter the wifi password using the number keys on the remote and it will save the password ok.

Notebook64
23-01-18, 15:02
In the network wizard I found that there is an issue with password entry not being saved using the on-screen (GUI) keyboard. If you press the teletext key on your remote, you can enter the wifi password using the number keys on the remote and it will save the password ok.

Hi
I got it in and if I pressed the up arrow and back down to it then I could see it. Enter and it disappeared.
I have rebooted all too
Will try as you said

ccs
23-01-18, 15:05
... don't press enter, just green to save.

Notebook64
23-01-18, 15:34
... don't press enter, just green to save.
Will try later. Don’t recall seeing green button option shown on screen. Will give it a go

ccs
23-01-18, 15:46
Will try later. Don’t recall seeing green button option shown on screen. Will give it a go
It says press ok to activate, and there is also a green button.:confused: Try the green button.

Notebook64
23-01-18, 20:22
It says press ok to activate, and there is also a green button.:confused: Try the green button.

Still won’t take it

Joe_90
23-01-18, 21:02
Did you try the TTX (remote number key) option? Works every time for me. You just press enter after inputting the password and it is saved.

Notebook64
23-01-18, 21:41
Did you try the TTX (remote number key) option? Works every time for me. You just press enter after inputting the password and it is saved.

Pressed text and entered. Tried selecting ok button on keyboard and just the same

Joe_90
24-01-18, 00:18
Strange that. Just works on my boxes (Mutant HD51 and Miraclebox Twin).

Notebook64
24-01-18, 13:31
Strange that. Just works on my boxes (Mutant HD51 and Miraclebox Twin).

Thanks to all for your help. Still no luck though

Ashley69
24-01-18, 14:00
I could only think of another one thing and that is your password is incorrect not forgetting it’s case sensitive.

Notebook64
24-01-18, 18:22
Done it ��������
Menu setup network device wlan adaptor settings
Changed it there instead of using network wizard.

Thanks to all. Thanks ��

Ashley69
24-01-18, 19:28
Glad you sorted it although we all thought you were in wireless adaptor settings;)

ccs
24-01-18, 19:39
Glad you sorted it although we all thought you were in wireless adaptor settings;)...... Snap.