PDA

View Full Version : Iptv issues with box

hopscotty
16-01-18, 14:05
Hi there, I'm trying to get my iptv sub working on my box without much success. I've tried flashing the box and followed various methods including filezilla and putty. When I reset my box to factory settings, it still loaded up plugins that obviously don't come with the factory set up. I've also used my usb stick to flash latest vix image and that was fine. I've also scanned my astra 28 for channels and they are fine. It seems to be an issue with the xc_e2 plugin. Can anybody offer suggestings, really doing my head in. The other thing is smart iptv website for inputting m3u files etc isn't recognising my technomate mac address. I know how it all should work because I have done all this with firestick and firetv and they work as expected. :confused:

twol
16-01-18, 14:14
Without going into dangerous areas, you need to explain more the precise issues.
e.g. "When I reset my box to factory settings, it still loaded up plugins that obviously don't come with the factory set up." Why are you doing this, what plugins??
Have you tried the suls plugin rather than xc_e2plugin??

hopscotty
16-01-18, 16:45
I done a reset because my box keeps coming up with a blank screen error log. I'll try an post it here later. Well I had epg plugins, xc_e2 plugins, auto bouquet plugins that I had added as I used the box. I had always used the box for satellite purposes and I was looking to reconfigure it for iptv so I could shift it on. I've advertised the bloody thing three times now and even an auction, nobody seems to want it. So I figured maybe get ridd of it with another service on it.

orientville
16-01-18, 21:59
I done a reset because my box keeps coming up with a blank screen error log. I'll try an post it here later. Well I had epg plugins, xc_e2 plugins, auto bouquet plugins that I had added as I used the box. I had always used the box for satellite purposes and I was looking to reconfigure it for iptv so I could shift it on. I've advertised the bloody thing three times now and even an auction, nobody seems to want it. So I figured maybe get ridd of it with another service on it.

What directory did u put the xml file in

orientville
16-01-18, 22:01
should be in etc/ enigma 2 thats for xc plugin the xc plugin multi xml goes to var/ keys

orientville
16-01-18, 22:12
the main xc plugin should be in directory usr/lib/enigma2/python/plugins/extensions

Andy_Hazza
16-01-18, 22:53
The XC Plugin is pretty shit n basic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hopscotty
17-01-18, 06:56
Yeah when I click to run the plug in first time, it crashes with an error log and reboots. I'd probably like to try another method as an alternate now.

Andy_Hazza
17-01-18, 07:35
Yeah when I click to run the plug in first time, it crashes with an error log and reboots. I'd probably like to try another method as an alternate now.

Where are you putting the XC Plugin?

duoduo
17-01-18, 08:33
Smart iptv is for Android isn't it? Have you tried using SULS plugin or Xtream editor? I use both of these and work straight away.

hopscotty
17-01-18, 10:55
The xc plugin appears both in the plugins section and also as part of the main menu of my box. I've no idea how that happened, but it probably accounts for the crashes. I installed e2m3u2boquet on it the other day and I was still struggling. But today I was tinkering around with my satellite channels and because they they were in one big list from a-z, I pressed the favourites button and bam! lol There was my iptv list sorted into categories as it is on my firetv etc. I done so many things to get this working and probably had it working all along! Thank you all and thx to my trusted favs button lol ...

gibbletts
17-01-18, 14:55
Selling a box set up with an Iptv list installed is quite likely to break the same laws that saw some big prosecutions recently, be very careful.

hopscotty
18-01-18, 19:22
I'm not selling a box with iptv installed on it. I'm selling a box that has the capability to provide iptv. As mentioned previously! I can't shift it on because nobody wants these boxes anymore. I'm only educating myself with how to make this work in order for me to give a buyer after-sales support if they require. I've paid thousands of pounds to sly, vermin etc and they advertise broadband speeds in their packages that are very misleading. For instance I had sly fibre with estimated speed 25-38mbs, I never once hit they notes! Infact I have screenshots of how shabby their service really was. Why should they be allowed to do that legally? 55808

gibbletts
19-01-18, 12:23
They aren’t, if your not getting the minimum speed they quoted then you can end the contract without penalty.

satmanbasil
19-01-18, 18:09
Hi

Glad to hear u got the iptv sorted with broadband where possible its best to use a wired connection on mine which is virgin my download is 219mbps with up running 13.0mbps
however if I switch to wifi I would obtain less than half of that rate so all my connections apart from fire sticks are wired

stozza81
22-02-18, 01:37
Hi folks I'm running a SULS script on Technomate TM Twin 4k through Enigma 2 and every time i attempt to record my box completely freezes out! Is anyone else having this difficulty?

Andy_Hazza
22-02-18, 10:25
Hi folks I'm running a SULS script on Technomate TM Twin 4k through Enigma 2 and every time i attempt to record my box completely freezes out! Is anyone else having this difficulty?

You will need to ask your IPTV supplier to extend your a/c to include multiroom etc.

twol
22-02-18, 10:41

Andy is correct, but what do you mean freezes out???? If the receiver stops working - No that should not happen