PDA

View Full Version : Playing movies via kodi 17.6 on duo2

eattheliving
14-01-18, 14:24
Hi everyone,

Just need a bit of help please. As the title says I'm trying to play movies from my pc hdd via kodi 17.6 on my duo2. I have added the folder onto kodi and I can see all the files but when I try to play any movie I get messages saying"patch.rar" for a couple of times then the player starts but does not play the movie. I just get a black screen with the player at the bottom.
Is it a codecs issue??

Thanks in advance guys

Trial
14-01-18, 19:51
Hi,
did you try to access your movies directly from within kodi with smb: or nfs:? If yes this does not work. You have to mount your shares in Enigma2 and access them through root:\\media\net or \media\autofs

ciao

eattheliving
14-01-18, 20:10
Hi,
did you try to access your movies directly from within kodi with smb: or nfs:? If yes this does not work. You have to mount your shares in Enigma2 and access them through root:\\media\net or \media\autofs

ciao

Thanks for the reply matey. I have got the cifs mount to work in enigma2 but just wondered about the kodi connection as kodi gives me film details etc. :thumbsup:

Trial
15-01-18, 09:16
Hi,
when you build a movie database with kodi and in build in samba or nfs interface it tries to play the movies with a filename like smb://server/share/file or nfs://server/share/file and the enigma movieplayer is not able to play URL names so you have to go throught /root/media

ciao

bartelsskyler
11-02-19, 11:25
I was using Netflix but that app is not working well as of now. I want to switch to Kodi or https://appshowbox.org/ but I don't know how to start and download these. Can anyone explain me what is this kodi app ?? Which is better ??