PDA

View Full Version : Network mount not connecting

eattheliving
13-01-18, 09:32
Hi everyone,
Just after a bit of help again. I'm running my duo2 on the vix image 5.1.007 at the moment. My issue is that I cannot connect to my pc using a network mount from the box anymore. I lost connection to the pc after updating to win10 and installing a vpn on my router. So my question is does the vpn tunnel stop the network mount connection on my home network to the box?

Cheers guys

cactikid
13-01-18, 11:24
are you using samba on box and trying to get pc found or wont mount cifs or nfs have you tried?

eattheliving
13-01-18, 13:30
are you using samba on box and trying to get pc found or wont mount cifs or nfs have you tried?

Hi Mate,

trying to mount using cifs.

Ashley69
13-01-18, 14:01
Could be the vpn. Try it without the vpn.

eattheliving
13-01-18, 14:03
Could be the vpn. Try it without the vpn.

Will switch vpn off n try connecting cheers.

Is there any way to connect to the box with the vpn on ... if it is that?

cactikid
13-01-18, 18:17
ok then its seen and you cant use cifs,did you try as nfs as i had to rename a mount from cifs to nfs to work:confused:

eattheliving
13-01-18, 18:50
ok then its seen and you cant use cifs,did you try as nfs as i had to rename a mount from cifs to nfs to work:confused:

Not tried that matey. Will give it a go tomoz cheers

eattheliving
14-01-18, 12:42
ok everyone.

tried to mount using nfs and also switched off vpn and did a fresh mount using cifs but still getting the same error of "directory/media/autofs/myhdd does not exist.

also i managed to connect to the hdd using kodi 17 but when i try to play a movie i get unpacking.rar1 for a couple of times then the player starts but the movie doesn't....weird

any more ideas please?

:confused:

eattheliving
14-01-18, 13:08
ok everyone.

tried to mount using nfs and also switched off vpn and did a fresh mount using cifs but still getting the same error of "directory/media/autofs/myhdd does not exist.

also i managed to connect to the hdd using kodi 17 but when i try to play a movie i get unpacking.rar1 for a couple of times then the player starts but the movie doesn't....weird

any more ideas please?

:confused:

Cracked it�� Went into network browser and scanned network, found the pic and entered user and p/word. The box created a mount and then I could access my movies folder the normal way. Not sure why it didn't work when I creat my own mount??

Thanks guys for all you're suggestions and help