PDA

View Full Version : 2 different lang audio

seth_72
24-01-11, 09:10
hello i have som problem with channels that are english.
im from sweden use vu+duo org version 5,3 works perfekt but when national geographics sends comercial or when i program breaks and between two programs i get
swedish and nowegian sound ? why but when i program runs its english and that works but when it breaks for comercial and shows whats to come its swedish and norwegian

any one knows what to do

:confused:

basilyoung
24-01-11, 09:23
the programe you are watching can be in what ever audio thats on offer, via the audio button,..but adverts will be native, ie, germam/dutch or what ever

baz

seth_72
24-01-11, 09:31
the programe you are watching can be in what ever audio thats on offer, via the audio button,..but adverts will be native, ie, germam/dutch or what ever

baz

ok but its so annoying that two are talking

basilyoung
24-01-11, 09:37
the only way to stop it, is to use the official receiver, I think, but I could be wrong, its early at the moment, others may have a solution, best advice is to check this thread in a few hours time

baz

pooface
24-01-11, 10:53
as basil says, it's because the channel is meant for the native speakers... So, of course they will be in the native language when it comes to adverts...

That's like them broadcasting something that was made/produced in their native language, and you expecting it to be translated to english... Will never happen. The only reason they transmit in english, is because some people prefer to not have the lipsync problem when it's dubbed... So be thankful it's transmitted in english ;)

seth_72
24-01-11, 12:37
as basil says, it's because the channel is meant for the native speakers... So, of course they will be in the native language when it comes to adverts...

That's like them broadcasting something that was made/produced in their native language, and you expecting it to be translated to english... Will never happen. The only reason they transmit in english, is because some people prefer to not have the lipsync problem when it's dubbed... So be thankful it's transmitted in english ;)

this is not what i mean i mean that i hear in comercial swedish and norwegian same time to audio talking comersial not when the program transmitt english . so not lipsink problem is my problem.

pooface
24-01-11, 12:57
it transmits both at the same time?! Never had that before :confused: I thouhgt from your comments, that you were meaning you were fed up with it transmitting either swedish or norweigen, and wanted it it in english...

Have you tried updating to a newer version of the image (or possibly even a different image). The 5.3 is quite old, as the latest is 5.5... Could be a bug that they fixed in later update...

jusaju
24-01-11, 15:33
Hi
I was wondering the question and then remembered that nat geo scandinavia 11309 v 24500 (hope I remember ok)

They have audio options something like
Swedish/Norwegian
Danish/Finnish

I think I choose then left or right from audio instead of stereo during commercials

(But have to say i forgot the thing and did not think about it later.It means i have not looked so much that channel :) )

chris-k
24-01-11, 15:42
yes as jusaju says try switch betwen right and left audio channelīs,,,,the kids channels are like that on thor.

dfdream
24-01-11, 16:29
In PLi there are lots of audio default options that might help.

See screenshot.

jusaju
24-01-11, 18:38
Yes

But have you tested it with above channel where the audio selecting possibilities are mixed (like swedish/norwegian/english between programmes).

When main program is coming..no probs.Itīs ok.

dfdream
24-01-11, 21:01
Just tested as you said.
If you want to choose swedish or norwegian you have to choose left or right audio channel to isolate to one language.
The pli plugin cant help this issue.
At least once you choose the left or right audio it remains saved as your option for that channel.

seth_72
25-01-11, 06:51
it transmits both at the same time?! Never had that before :confused: I thouhgt from your comments, that you were meaning you were fed up with it transmitting either swedish or norweigen, and wanted it it in english...

Have you tried updating to a newer version of the image (or possibly even a different image). The 5.3 is quite old, as the latest is 5.5... Could be a bug that they fixed in later update...

i have tired 5,4 and 5,5 but didint check this and i change to 5,3 again because 5,4 and 5,5 my sound disapear sometimes

basilyoung
25-01-11, 09:40
the problem is, when english is selected, that if no english is available ( ie; adverts etc ) the image decodes all other available audio's instead, I have in the past, had the same issue

baz