PDA

View Full Version : Remote channel stream converter plugin

deividuska
10-01-18, 21:33
Hi
I have technomate nano 3t combo as the main box, and I am trying to stream to vu+ zero using remote channel stream converter plugin.
But it's not working properly not working as multi-room.The main box has to be switched off if I want to watch something on vu+ zero or I have to switch off vu+ zero to use technomate.If i try to use both of them one of them have channels greyed out.
Can I use these boxes with Remote channel stream converter plugin? Or they not compatible together.?
Both boxes on OpenViX 5.1.009. Image.

Andy_Hazza
10-01-18, 21:39
It all depends on how many tuners your main receiver has and how many are free/available. So if for instance you have a receiver with 2 satellite tuners, and you are recording and watching one on the main receiver, you are limited to what you can watch on your Vu+ Zero, thus why channels are greyed out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deividuska
11-01-18, 11:31
It all depends on how many tuners your main receiver has and how many are free/available. So if for instance you have a receiver with 2 satellite tuners, and you are recording and watching one on the main receiver, you are limited to what you can watch on your Vu+ Zero, thus why channels are greyed out.

Hi
So I have Technomate TM-Nano-3T COMBO Receiver 2x DVB-S/S2 + 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 I not recording anything just trying to stream.Do i need 2 DVB-C/T/T2 to make it work?

twol
11-01-18, 11:38
Hi
So I have Technomate TM-Nano-3T COMBO Receiver 2x DVB-S/S2 + 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 I not recording anything just trying to stream.Do i need 2 DVB-C/T/T2 to make it work?
Depends :)
I assume you have 2 sat cables coming into the 2 x dvb/S2?
So what do you have on each input? dvb/s2 is what Freesat? 28.2E? and on the C/T2 tuner is it cable or what?? Please clarify.
and what are you trying to watch ? from all inputs? and what is being greyed out?

Andy_Hazza
11-01-18, 11:55
Hi

If main receiver you are watching Virgin/Cable then you will have greyed out channels.

deividuska
11-01-18, 11:56
Depends :)
I assume you have 2 sat cables coming into the 2 x dvb/S2?
So what do you have on each input? dvb/s2 is what Freesat? 28.2E? and on the C/T2 tuner is it cable or what?? Please clarify.
and what are you trying to watch ? from all inputs? and what is being greyed out?

I trying to watch cable VM.I installed channel stream converter plugin on my VU + zero, Technomate TM-Nano-3T COMBO is my main box.But i only can use one box at the time if i watch something on one box on another one all channels greyed out.So do i need 2x DVB-C/T/T2 to able to use two boxes at the same time?

deividuska
11-01-18, 11:57
If main receiver you are watching Virgin/Cable then you will have greyed out channels.

So do i need 2x DVB-C/T/T2 ?

Andy_Hazza
11-01-18, 12:36
So do i need 2x DVB-C/T/T2 ?

More tuners the better, thus why the Vu+ FBC Cable tuner are great as basically 1x coax gives you 8 tuners. Take a look at the Vu+ Uno SE as an example.

deividuska
11-01-18, 13:07
More tuners the better, thus why the Vu+ FBC Cable tuner are great as basically 1x coax gives you 8 tuners. Take a look at the Vu+ Uno SE as an example.

So can you please recommend me a box to buy to replace my Technomate TM-Nano-3T. I can't see any of Vu+ Uno SE on world-of-satellite.co.uk.?And is any cheap options you can advise, please?

Andy_Hazza
11-01-18, 13:50
This is the link on WoS >> https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/satellite-and-terrestrial/digital-receivers/4k-uhd-digital-receivers/vu-plus-uno-4k-se-fbc-dvb-c
This is purely a Cable receiver, if you also need Satellite then you will need to look at an alternative receiver.
It all depends what your needs are. The more tuners the better.

deividuska
11-01-18, 14:18
This is the link on WoS >> https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/satellite-and-terrestrial/digital-receivers/4k-uhd-digital-receivers/vu-plus-uno-4k-se-fbc-dvb-c
This is purely a Cable receiver, if you also need Satellite then you will need to look at an alternative receiver.
It all depends what your needs are. The more tuners the better.

Thank you.
It's too expensive for me, unfortunately.Are any cheaper alternatives?
Thank you.

twol
11-01-18, 15:20
IF you only want cable (?) then the HD51 with 2 x dvb-C/T2 is probably your best option (and a very good receiver)
https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/satellite-and-terrestrial/digital-receivers/4k-uhd-digital-receivers/mut@nt-mutant-hd51

Andy_Hazza
11-01-18, 15:28
With the Mutant HD51 you are limited to just 2 tuners, so if Main receiver is recording and you are watching a different channel you will get the same greyed out problem.

twol
11-01-18, 16:05
With the Mutant HD51 you are limited to just 2 tuners, so if Main receiver is recording and you are watching a different channel you will get the same greyed out problem.

... but hopefully, #1 indicates that when using the Zero, "they" only use the main receiver to watch/record but not at same time:)
The Vu+ is the optimal solution (Yes, I did say that Andy!), but as usual at a heavy cost:)

It doesn't change the situation but I would also suggest that deividuska uses Client Server mode rather than RCSC plugin.
http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php/guides-and-tutorials/how-to-setup-and-use-openvix-client-mode/

deividuska
12-01-18, 15:11
... but hopefully, #1 indicates that when using the Zero, "they" only use the main receiver to watch/record but not at same time:)
The Vu+ is the optimal solution (Yes, I did say that Andy!), but as usual at a heavy cost:)

It doesn't change the situation but I would also suggest that deividuska uses Client Server mode rather than RCSC plugin.
http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php/guides-and-tutorials/how-to-setup-and-use-openvix-client-mode/

Hi, I tried to set up client mode on VU + zero but no luck, channels not clearing "no data on transponder".

deividuska
12-01-18, 15:13

I not recording anything so that I could do even with cheaper option 2 tuners receiver.

Andy_Hazza
12-01-18, 20:53
The Mut@nt HD51 is your cheapest dual cable tuner option then. Bearing in mind it is a 4K receiver, so is an ARM based chipset, thus only Oscam (softcam) will work. Mgcamd, Cccam etc WILL not work.