PDA

View Full Version : What image do you use?

steve1978
18-05-10, 21:53
What image do you use? post the reasons why you like one image instead of another.

Sicilian
18-05-10, 21:54
I've been waiting for someone to start a poll like this one here, well done steve, rep added :D

I've set this thread as a sticky :D

bob1
19-05-10, 07:12
I use dream elite , i haven't tried the others for any length of time but dream elite as the best epg built in and the panic button is a great feature, channel changing needs to be faster though.

steve1978
19-05-10, 12:20
Rytecs EPG seems to be the best. i wont argue though that the programmer at Dream Elite seems to be the best. i wish they would all get together and make a super image!

Sicilian
19-05-10, 12:22
Rytecs EPG seems to be the best. i wont argue though that the programmer at Dream Elite seems to be the best. i wish they would all get together and make a super image!

Read this http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?542-Latest-Deliteepgproviders.cfg-for-EPG-providers-in-EPG-panel-of-Dream-Elite-images Update your Deliteepgproviders.cfg and try Satmate_UK, Its give's EPG for more channels and more days ;)

steve1978
19-05-10, 12:54
Yes i have used it, tried it last night and it worked a treat, only one thing in your post it says to insert the cfg in var/etc, it just goes in etc.

Sicilian
19-05-10, 13:06
Yes i have used it, tried it last night and it worked a treat, only one thing in your post it says to insert the cfg in var/etc, it just goes in etc.

Ah yes your right. I just checked. In the Dream Elite image theres a symlink in /var to /etc. So either way you end up in the same place lol!

Berggren
19-05-10, 15:21
I use Open PLi since itīs the only image that supports correct linebreaks on subbed channels here in Sweden.
I donīt care much for the fancy pancy imagelayouts with a lot of bling bling. Just need one that keep on doing what itīs intented to do :D

Sicilian
20-05-10, 17:29
Looks like its quite close between Dream Elite and OpenPLi at the moment.

Get your votes in! :zoom:

hummer66
20-05-10, 17:42
I really like the Dream Elite image lots of little toy's and gadgets,:cool: i did play with the Pli image but think i need to give it more time before making comment.
still trying to get my head around all this cool stuff.:confused:
I've even managed to watch Satellite Tv on it, how cool is that:D

nasolopenzi
20-05-10, 20:57
As a swede, I'll have to +1 with Berggren, the subs works wonderful and 1 crash in 3 weeks (due to a mybad situation, dont ask....) gives the Open Pli great track record for me. In my case "less is more" in the plugins section, due to the fact that my wife needs to be familiar with the image and the skin. She can now operate the box without any problems. She has the mindset that the box should just work, and it does.

nasser007
22-05-10, 12:03
I`ve been using open pli for a week now happy with picture quality and performance, started using dreamelite yesterday found good plugins nice interface but not many video adjustments like pli it`s a hard one both of them good images.

bassethound
22-05-10, 13:30
Have tried them all settled on the pli image just very stable no crashing and i have every plugin installed that i would ever use nice quick boot times!!!!!!!

Sicilian
24-05-10, 22:24
Looks like members are going for stability and ease of use over eye candy :D

Any more votes?

steve1978
24-05-10, 22:29
I used PLI for about 3 days and DE for 3 days. I preferred PLI BUT it didnt play MKV files. if i wanted a box that just played tv i would of stuck with the 800 clone for half the price, i want the extras!!

woody
27-05-10, 20:01
ok im torn now between the dream elite and pli ,i put the dream one on my mates 800 hd and was really impressed with it ,i have the pli on but was wondering how stable the dream was??

Zaxxman
27-05-10, 20:29
I have only had my box a couple of weeks and only had the dream elite image on it so far, but i have had no freezes or lock ups at all. I have put the media player and media centre add ins on it and now it plays MKVs perfectly (just need to get it to brouse my windows network and it will be perfect).Love the image and the epg is great they just need to make it initialise disks properly. Whats a panic button??

paul362
28-05-10, 07:34
I have had my box now for just over a week as well and i have not tried any other image than DreamElite @ the moment because its running 100% in my opinion, no crashing and easy to navigate, all the addons and plugins you will ever need @ a push of the colored buttons, my only gripe would be the Hard Drive wake up time !(but im sure this is due to the hard drive spin-up from sleep ) oh and i seem to get some lip-sink issues on some HD channels (ITV is most common) other than that im happy for now.

Stanman
28-05-10, 14:00
I like the dream elite. Tried the PLI but could not get the plugins as easily.

Maverick120
29-05-10, 23:59
You can watch TV on it!
I'll try that

mickbrush
30-05-10, 21:03
I have tryed all 3 and they all work very well, for me the skins are very important especialy the multigraph EPG.

PLI is good and stable skins are a bit boring

DE stable all the bells and wistles but the team are very negative to skins not made by there own team. all the skins seem to have the same in my opinion poor epg layout.

VTI again works well but i have problems with playing movie files. I have found this image has the best skins so thats the one i use and my reasons why.

mark_hopley
31-05-10, 10:52
I use DE. Find this image stable and I love the layout. I also much prefer their skins. Only complaint is probs trying to search using media player. I have to use the numbered buttons to skip fixed amounts instead

Stanman
31-05-10, 17:38
I've gone from DE to PLI, don't like the skin but its lot easier to navigate and like the cool feature of when you delete a movie it goes to trashcan rather than straight delete. Also the cam interface is not as nice but OK.

I also like it that you can record with one click from the EPG.

Likvid
31-05-10, 18:00
Now i prefer OpenPli, you get the latest image every day and the UI is fast and easy to navigate, i used DE but thought their UI is overworked for my taste.

Sicilian
31-05-10, 19:01
Now i prefer OpenPli, you get the latest image every day and the UI is fast and easy to navigate, i used DE but thought their UI is overworked for my taste.

Try and take regular backups. Some of the updates occaisionaly stop the receiver booting, you could even loose your satellites.xml

paul362
05-06-10, 09:42
Ok gonna have a play today and try open PLI to see whats happening there, Anyone point me to the latest PLI image for Vu+ Duo ?? or should i just use the one posted in the image section ?.

bassethound
05-06-10, 10:05
Ok gonna have a play today and try open PLI to see whats happening there, Anyone point me to the latest PLI image for Vu+ Duo ?? or should i just use the one posted in the image section ?.

Her you go mate latest PLI images

http://www.pli-images.org/modules/file_downloads/file_downloads.php?fd_id=1&dir=/vuduo

paul362
05-06-10, 10:29
Thanks for that ill go play now, can anyone remind me how to install CCCam onto pli ??

grtmoby
05-06-10, 11:30
Thanks for that ill go play now, can anyone remind me how to install CCCam onto pli ??

you can find it all in here

http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?600-PLI-image-and-cccam

paul362
05-06-10, 19:23
Ok update spent all day trying images and i must say the Pli image was nice BUT the EPG was not correct !! so im back to DreamElite 1.3.2 and im staying here for now it is the best in my opinion and the EPG is the dogs.

guff daddy
29-06-10, 11:56
like the cool feature of when you delete a movie it goes to trashcan rather than straight delete.
This is the Suomipoeka plugin IMHO should be standard on all Enigma2 images - just way better than the normal movie list. As well as the trashcan function you can mark multiple items for deletion, see what files have been played/not played etc.

ward565
29-06-10, 14:55
I use dream elite

Foxylady
30-06-10, 14:44
Voted, i use Dream elite as i used that on my 800hd and found it very nice to work with.
Only downside if anyone else had this issue on both boxes was if i downloaded certain skins i.e for the 800hd or the vu duo, some work, but then one would cause my box to crash and continue of crashing resulting in me having to reflash box, why is this or should this be in another thread.
Thanks

2Hot
01-07-10, 01:31
I ma new to this and after so many attempts got DE working but I dont like it that there is no plugin to have the miniTV showing current channel at the top right corner whilst scrolling for another channel. This feature works very well on DM800 which uses Nabilosat image which is almost similar to DE. Why is this feature not working with DE image?

Sicilian
01-07-10, 05:50
I ma new to this and after so many attempts got DE working but I dont like it that there is no plugin to have the miniTV showing current channel at the top right corner whilst scrolling for another channel. This feature works very well on DM800 which uses Nabilosat image which is almost similar to DE. Why is this feature not working with DE image?

It does works, but please start a new thread with your questions, this thread is to vote on images, not for questions on features. Thank you :)

dmgp
03-07-10, 10:39
Only had the box a fortnight, Put DE on it out of the box. Tried VTI then PLI, appearances matter, the skins with each image can change perceptions. VTI I think it was seemed to download channels faster. PLI I think it was, ( should have taken pics) looked a bit wishy washy. DE is VERY SMART functional and once you know your way around it, does everthing you want it to, it certainly has my vote. No I haven't tried HDF Gigant or AAF. Some screenshots and perceptions please/
dmgp

SLOTH
05-07-10, 14:31
Hi ..i have voted Pli ... but i have only just received the box ... so just getting to grips with it .. but the Pli image does look good and have some nice features
Sloth

rolexru
12-07-10, 19:05
I am use images vti team ver. 0.5 - 1.3 & pli team (sometimes). Images AAF /DE/HDF/Power of Dream only for acquaintance. The most balanced images in my opinion are images from command VTI Team.

ksa
23-07-10, 23:26
currently i use dream elite and it seems super, i still didnt try any other images

notanotherone
28-07-10, 05:21
dream elite for me with ghost skin

pathfinder
31-07-10, 17:31
New user. I've tried Open PLI, Dream Elite & VTI and for a beginner, definitely Open PLI is best for me for now. Seems quicker (downloads etc.), easier to use, I like the ability to browse the STB direct from computer by default.

satsatsat
01-08-10, 11:26
having used DE and pli i believe that pli is easier and better to use but hdd mounting problem means i will now have to go back to DE

Sicilian
01-08-10, 11:36
having used DE and pli i believe that pli is easier and better to use but hdd mounting problem means i will now have to go back to DE

Post the issue your having in a thread. You might be able to resolve it.

charliesen
02-08-10, 23:22
Well i've got my Duo now and flashed it with the Dream Elite Image and it's pretty much perfect for what i want.
I haven't tried the other images yet but i will do and let you know what i think.
I used the Pli jade on my Dm 500 and it was ok but the Duo is a different Kettle of fish altogether
so comparing them from box to box wouldn't be fair.

jrbmw
03-08-10, 18:19
using pli image as seems to have more included than the dream elite,.....new user

regards jrbmw

Manafa
03-08-10, 19:14
Can you tell me where to see what version of drivers or OE nightly build Pli images using?

OldSkulRide
03-08-10, 20:11
Pli is using 5.0 drivers, newest.

2010-07-20
pieterg
vuduo driver update

dimfil
04-08-10, 08:45
I'm using Dream Elite 1.3.3 right now.
Fits all my needs, I dont'need anything more at the moment.
OpenPli comes close (great speed and picture quality) but I find DE to be more "delicate" in overall use...

I also tried original image 5.0 and it seems to be a lot quicker probably because of OE1.6. I'm looking forward to new release from DreamElite and Vti with the new drivers.

Alan Pee
07-08-10, 21:39
I only got my box last week and have been using Dream Elite until yesterday when I tried the new PLi Image. I must say I was blown away by the picture quality of the New PLI. Plus I have all the plugins that I need for now on it. Had problems playing youtube on DE but was straight forward on PLI and I love the Dmm Hd skin so I am staying with PLI for now.

satmanbasil
07-08-10, 22:30
Hi mates

Im using VTi image in flash with meoboot on usb stick and images vu support and HD freaks must admit vu support with brush chrome image is the biz on screen its quick and neat , hd freak i find sticks.
Question re images maybe someone can answer, I find that later images like vti 5.0 will not install on stick with meoboot. Do any of the later images have meoboot still or has it been dropped

regards
satmanbasil

Sicilian
08-08-10, 06:59
Do any of the later images have meoboot still or has it been dropped

Its been dropped for now, too many compatibility issues.

jrbmw
08-08-10, 19:12
changed from open pli to dream elite .had loads of trouble with the network connection ,kept losing it but hopefully sorted now

Regards jrbmw

supercat
14-08-10, 09:45
Hi,

Just choosing an image to install and have a quick question.
In the poll above the images listed are Vti,Pli and DE, however in the download section there are a few more avaliable, HD freaks, Aff, Gigiant.
Could anyone explain please?

Thanks

grtmoby
14-08-10, 12:13
this was posted when there was no gigant, aff but there is others at the bottom which can be chosen and then u post what is it and reason

albalaji
14-08-10, 20:41
Itry all image and i found best one is VTI image ....

pooface
16-08-10, 09:46
Have edited the poll to allow for people to vote for gigant/aaf/hdfreaks. Although it'll prolly look a bit one sided that they haven't been voted :p

grtmoby
16-08-10, 11:20
the issue now is
if u voted before, then u can't vote now... i know this is how a poll should be (only one vote) but this was quite sometime now.
i used to be using de when i first gt the box but now i am happy with AAF

pooface
16-08-10, 11:24
I know... But there's nothing we could do about that anyway. Even if the aaf image were in the list before, you still wouldn't be able to change the vote now... But at least it's there for new members :p

Sicilian
17-08-10, 06:46
Or shall we start a new poll with all current images?

grtmoby
17-08-10, 09:29
yeah think so, it will more useful and to the point

mickbrush
17-08-10, 11:26
is it possible to set up a poll where you can change when you change image this this would give a live view of the most popular image.

Sicilian
17-08-10, 11:55
is it possible to set up a poll where you can change when you change image this this would give a live view of the most popular image.

Afraid not, once a member has voted in a poll, the member cant vote again.

I think we should start a 'What VU+ Image do you use Part 2'.

pooface
17-08-10, 11:58
Or, how about a subsection to forum, and we could do monthly votes?!

Of course, we can't let canthackit vote, otherwise it'll just be a complete mess :p

grtmoby
17-08-10, 14:21
Or, how about a subsection to forum, and we could do monthly votes?!
either this or a new poll after each major software release.

Of course, we can't let canthackit vote, otherwise it'll just be a complete mess :p

the guy is unbelievable, he change images faster than i switch channels :roflmao:

Ojustaboo
17-08-10, 18:30
I've tried them all and always ended up coming back to PLI. I'm sticking with it now as it does everything I want medias still not perfect but it's getting better).

Don't think I'll bother changing again now unless something special turns up in another image that I must try.

DrProzac
20-08-10, 21:47
Rigth I'm now onto VTi

Tyler
24-08-10, 00:29
Can anyone tell me which is the best image to use?
I am newbe to Vu plus duo.

Mr.McGee
24-08-10, 00:52
Tried VTi, Dream Elite and now OpenPLi which seems to be the best of these three for me. I didn't get any green screens with it, whereas I did with the others. Could be my imagination, but it feels faster also.

DrProzac
24-08-10, 09:32
Yes I'm back to Pli again.
I agree it's seems faster, faster to load and use.

Didn't like VTi but I haven't tried the new version yet.

OldSkulRide
24-08-10, 09:55
What i only miss on pli:

- way to install .ipks from menu
- more stuff on their server (skins, softcams etc.)

But for softcams we just got a solution. TRRPanel from terrorman. Its great.

Anyway iam still on pli because i only need fast and simple image.

Mr.McGee
24-08-10, 10:39
Plus with OpenPLi they release updates quite often for even the smallest of bugs. And it's easy to update through the Software Update menu :)

Likvid
24-08-10, 16:21
Is there any way to get the DVB-T feature to work in any other image except DE?

OldSkulRide
24-08-10, 16:30
yes, pli

http://www.pli-images.org/forum/viewthread.php?forum_id=65&thread_id=14640

But this usb stick is very expensive. 100EUR for DVB-T/DVB-C

breakdown
26-08-10, 00:03
ı use open pli image

guff daddy
31-08-10, 11:21
I'm a longtime user of Dream Elite images both on DM800 and Vu+ - I voted as such on this poll.

However recent statements on their forum indicate that they may no longer be providing images - at the very least they are now falling behind PLI and VTI as regards keeping the images updated.

My main reason for using DreamElite was the brilliant EPG - especially the option to use Sky UK OpenTV to pull the data directly from satellite. The fact that CrossEPG is now being developed again made me decide to jump ship for a while.

I settled on VTI and once I got CrossEPG working I've been very happy with my setup.

Manafa
02-09-10, 21:17
No more Dream Elite, unfortunately. They close their web site, too.

rockerduck
03-09-10, 12:41
Since Dream Elite team stopped developing and image is stuck with OE1.5 I think that current poll results should be deeply changed during the last days...

pooface
03-09-10, 12:57
Since Dream Elite team stopped developing and image is stuck with OE1.5 I think that current poll results should be deeply changed during the last days...

Never know, DE might come back and carry on. Depends on they team as they stated...We will just have to be patient...

But anyway, carrying on from what we mentioned in this thread, we'll prolly try and start a new thread at some point over the weekend...

kegrka
03-09-10, 22:12
dream ellite 132, simply to set up nice boot image (flour in hands girl) tried 133 but my wireless threw a wobbly so back to 132, plus it contained the emu i wanted in its download not preinstalled

steford
04-09-10, 09:45
Before I do anything daft can anyone confirm that if I change from DE to OpenPli via a standard USB Flash then my recordings will remain intact. Thanks.

grtmoby
04-09-10, 10:49
Before I do anything daft can anyone confirm that if I change from DE to OpenPli via a standard USB Flash then my recordings will remain intact. Thanks.

yes if u have them on the hdd then yes they'll remain

steford
04-09-10, 21:36
yes if u have them on the hdd then yes they'll remain

Thanks . May give it a go tomorrow.

kia
05-09-10, 22:38
PLI is good and i have not problems with playing movie files and mkv files

redbull301
06-09-10, 10:00
I use DE with meoboot in flash...
and VTI, PLI. HDFreaks and DE on Stick....

watching TV with DE 1.3.3F from usb

MyB5
06-09-10, 16:24
I use DE with meoboot in flash...
and VTI, PLI. HDFreaks and DE on Stick....

watching TV with DE 1.3.3F from usb

I thought you needed to have DE 1.3.3.3F in flsah..? Are you using DE 1.3.2 (with Meobbot) in flash? Any problems?

Mr. Mister
06-09-10, 19:01
Have been a DreamElite image user with my Vu+ Duo for months now..

Well.. that was until 2.30am today..

Now running very smoothly on VIX V1.0

Great job guys..

redbull301
06-09-10, 21:21
I thought you needed to have DE 1.3.3.3F in flsah..? Are you using DE 1.3.2 (with Meobbot) in flash? Any problems?

no... with a small modification you don't need DE 1.3.3 F in flash.....

all works perfect...incl. emu panel ( blue button)

yngvekl
06-09-10, 21:49
This poll thread must be modified... cannot vote for VIX as I've already voted once earlier..

/Yngve

djheaven
02-10-10, 08:44
VIX on Flash, and PP in meoboot ;)
That's the way to go :)

andyblac
02-10-10, 08:56
This poll thread must be modified... cannot vote for VIX as I've already voted once earlier..

/Yngve

there is a part two thread :) http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?2112-What-image-do-you-use-Part-2.

yngvekl
02-10-10, 09:58
Post deleted

Nordicbear
12-10-10, 13:11
I use Open PLI.

Sicilian
12-10-10, 16:25
This poll is now closed, Part 2 here http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?2112-What-image-do-you-use-Part-2.