PDA

View Full Version : reprogramme remote control

roy0110
06-01-18, 12:16
the volume buttons seemed to have suddenly stopped working.
is there some kind of reprogramming of the remote i can try that might fix this?

Andy_Hazza
06-01-18, 12:28
Have you tried new batteries?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

roy0110
06-01-18, 12:32
Have you tried new batteries?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes mate, that was the first thing i did.

nekrub2
11-01-18, 14:23
Hi roy0110
I wouln't know any way of reprogramming a a VU+ remote. I have been using a logitech Harmony 300 for years. Strange enough also the volume button does not work anymore. But I could reprogram it, using pref 2 as lower and pref 4 as increase the volume. If you need in the end a new remote I would recommend a Logitech Harmony 350.
nekrub2

roy0110
11-01-18, 17:15
Hi roy0110
I wouln't know any way of reprogramming a a VU+ remote. I have been using a logitech Harmony 300 for years. Strange enough also the volume button does not work anymore. But I could reprogram it, using pref 2 as lower and pref 4 as increase the volume. If you need in the end a new remote I would recommend a Logitech Harmony 350.
nekrub2

thank you nekrub2,
i already have a harmony remote myself for use on one of my boxes.
this other remote that needs fixing is for a friend who is reluctant to splash out the extra cash for a harmony (and even another vu+ remote)
i'm sure he will give-in in the end though.

Trial
11-01-18, 19:22
Hi,
have you tried to reset the remote or reprogram the remote for the needed TV? As you might know the VU remotes are universal ones which can also control a TV.

ciao

roy0110
12-01-18, 06:16
Hi,
have you tried to reset the remote or reprogram the remote for the needed TV? As you might know the VU remotes are universal ones which can also control a TV.

ciao

hi Trial.
that is something i have not tried but i don't think it would make any difference.
with the tv remote you have to turn the tv volume to max just to hear a tiny bit of audio from the receiver.
it's like the volume on the receiver is turned down to minimum with no way of turning it up because the volume up/down buttons don't work.
and of course once the receiver is switched off, the TV switches to a terrestrial tv channel and the volume is on full and deafening!
i was hoping of some way to get the vu+ remote volume buttons working to control the receivers volume, then maybe it would be a bonus to use at as a universal.

widar
12-01-18, 06:37
Try an app on a smartphone or webif.

Trial
12-01-18, 08:50
Hi,
use web interface of the Solo2 there you can set the volume independent from the remote and other settings.

because the volume up/down buttons don't work.
this is the reason you should reset the remote. Perhaps the remote was programed for a TV by accident and after reset the remote will be on default which means control volume of box and not TV.

Another possibility is CEC. When the box was on min when CEC was enable you also have no possibility to control volume of box with remote.

ciao