PDA

View Full Version : Solo2 bricked

pedronomix
04-01-18, 07:26
Genuine VU+ Solo2 IpabTv image has been working fine for past 3 years but was adding IPTV m3u to HDD via ftp and it went into a loop. unplugged and repowered up...snow screen only now. Will not reflash through any usb port, tried 3 different usb pens all formatted FAT 32 and cleaned.
I did notice that the IP address stays the same no matter how many times it is restarted. Is there a way to repair/reboot/restart from FlashFXP screen?

Thanks

Peter

twol
04-01-18, 10:42
I would find an old, memory stick (it needs minimal memory to hold the image), format fat32, copy the image folder and try again...... make sure all other devices are removed from other ports.
Usb flashing can be a pain.

pedronomix
04-01-18, 10:58
I would find an old, memory stick (it needs minimal memory to hold the image), format fat32, copy the image folder and try again...... make sure all other devices are removed from other ports.
Usb flashing can be a pain.

I have tried that with 3 different usb sticks in each of the 3 usb ports using 2 different images!! I have a full backup on the internal HDD but dont know to load it from Flashfxp page.

Alankellyeire
04-01-18, 11:07
I have tried that with 3 different usb sticks in each of the 3 usb ports using 2 different images!! I have a full backup on the internal HDD but dont know to load it from Flashfxp page.

By any chance are you using a mac?

what is happening when trying to reflash is it reading the update?

can you ftp to the receiver?

twol
04-01-18, 12:48
Having read your 1st post fully (:)), suggest you contact your supplier, we don‘t support Ipabtv

Andy_Hazza
05-01-18, 00:35
You say a snow screen now, after unplugging everything. A wild guess is you unplugged the HDMI lead from the receiver while it was Live? If so you will have most likely caused damaged to the mainboard. Try the Scart port if your TV supports one and report back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk