PDA

View Full Version : Single sat tuner

rasp
03-01-18, 16:04
Bought a ulitmo 4k from board sponsor W.O.S:

Also bought A single sat tuner.

FBC tuner is on motorised dish and single sat tuner goes to old sky dish.

Am i right in thinking the single sat will only record the channel you are watching.

twol
03-01-18, 16:18
What type of LNB is on the end of the motorised dish?
How many cables come from the old Sky dish??

What Sat(s) do you normally view??

rasp
03-01-18, 16:32
What type of LNB is on the end of the motorised dish?
How many cables come from the old Sky dish??

What Sat(s) do you normally view??

On the motorised black inverto twin.

Two cables from the old sky quad lnb

Normally view 28.2 from sky dish. 23.5,19.2,,16.0,13.o on motorised

Andy_Hazza
03-01-18, 16:36
You would connect FBC tuner (Tuner A) to 28.2/Fixed Satellite & Tuner B would be connected to your Motorised Dish setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rasp
03-01-18, 16:42
Andy Hazza:

So what your saying there is no need for the single sat tuner.

Andy_Hazza
03-01-18, 16:49
No need. In an ideal world, replace fixed 28.2 LNB with a Unicable 2/JESS LNB and continue using your Motorised dish to pickup 23.5, 19.2, 16.0, 13.0 etc.

twol
03-01-18, 17:06
Andy is absolutely correct, and replacing the 28.2E LNB with a unicable LNB the best option, but you could then stick the motorised on the single tuner, leaving all available 8 tuners on input A for 28.2E (nothing on input B).
It would also simplify things with FBC/28.2E and motorised on a totally separate tuner.

rasp
03-01-18, 18:32
I think i did not explain properly:

FBC tuner is using motorised using 8 tuners

Single tuner is allocated I with two cables from sky dish.

If i tried to record off I can't switch channels it sticks to the one channel that i am recording

Andy_Hazza
03-01-18, 18:43
I’m pretty sure an FBC setup isn’t possible with a motorised dish. You need to use 28.2 (Fixed) for FBC (Tuner A) and even better if you replace traditional LNB with a Unicable II/JESS LNB for the fixed 28.2 and use either Tuner B for your motorised setup or use your other Single sat tuner for your motorised setup.

twol
03-01-18, 20:01
I guess FBC is OK for motorised providing that you never change Sats :) Andy is again correct the words FBC and motorised should be in different sentences ...... they don‘t fit together which is why I was saying its simpler to keep FBC & motorised completely separate

abu baniaz
04-01-18, 01:06
I guess FBC is OK for motorised providing that you never change Sats :) Andy is again correct the words FBC and motorised should be in different sentences ...... they don‘t fit together which is why I was saying its simpler to keep FBC & motorised completely separate

FBC tuner and motorised do not have to be in separate sentences. It is not the best usage, but can go in one sentence. You'd just use "FBC automatic" for the connector-less tuners. They will then work as loop-through tuners.

Suggesting that FBC tuners and motorised do not go together is incorrect. An FBC tuner is more or less the same price as a twin conventional sat tuner but offers more.

I use one connection on the FBC tuner on my Solo 4K with a motorised dish. The other connection is used with a unicable LNB.

twol
04-01-18, 10:30
...... I stand corrected .....:)

Andy_Hazza
04-01-18, 10:52
FBC tuner and motorised do not have to be in separate sentences. It is not the best usage, but can go in one sentence. You'd just use "FBC automatic" for the connector-less tuners. They will then work as loop-through tuners.

Suggesting that FBC tuners and motorised do not go together is incorrect. An FBC tuner is more or less the same price as a twin conventional sat tuner but offers more.

I use one connection on the FBC tuner on my Solo 4K with a motorised dish. The other connection is used with a unicable LNB.

Yes you use Tuner A to feed your Unicable LNB and you use Tuner B for your motorised setup, which is what I explained to the OP.

Huevos
04-01-18, 15:54
I guess FBC is OK for motorised providing that you never change Sats :) Andy is again correct the words FBC and motorised should be in different sentences

FBC sat tuner (2 sockets) can do everything a standard twin sat tuner (or pair of single sat tuners) can do. And more... But of course it can't do everything at once. Obviously if you also have a standard sat tuner and an FBC tuner in your receiver you should use the FBC for the things you want to do that the standard tuner can't, like multiple loop through, and multiple Unicable from a single tuner. The name of the game is seeing what resources you have and configuring them to get the most from them.

rasp
06-01-18, 20:52
Could i use the Unicable II/JESS LNB on my motorised 90 cm dish.

I have got the single sat tuner to record an watch another programme on 28.2 old sky dish

Most of my recording are done on my motorised dish.

My motorised setup is 90cm dish, tm motor, inverto black twin lnb.

One cable is going to motor and then to lnb and one from lnb to box .

If i use Unicable II/JESS LNB do i take the link from motor to lnb off

W.O.S. do not stock them.

Anybody know of english sellers i can only find german sellers

abu baniaz
06-01-18, 21:24
The cable from motor to LNB must not be taken off. If you do, when the motor is driven, there will be no connected LNB on that cable.

Which satellite do you record/watch most?

abu baniaz
06-01-18, 21:30
Unicable is one technology.
FBC tuners are a different technology.

They both can work hand in hand, but do not depend on each other. Do not think of the two as one and the same. I occasionally use a Unicable 2 LNB on a DM500

Unicable LNBs are designed for static dishes. They are not designed for motors. You can do it, but there is likelihood of failure. There is a guide on youtube.

Please see this thread
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?58332-Help-with-Unicable-and-Motorised-System

rasp
06-01-18, 23:14
The sats i watch and record most are 23.5e and 13.0e

abu baniaz
06-01-18, 23:29
IMO, use the FBC tuners only. No need for the unicable LNB.

Huevos
07-01-18, 02:40
Also, please read this:http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?57507-Unicable-LNBs-and-motorised-dishes

rasp
05-03-18, 19:46
I have taken the single tuner out of the box and use the motorised for 28.2 as well.

Just noticed on the tuner there is LNB IN and LOOPOUT if i want to use it again for 28.2 do i just use on connection from my sky dish

rasp
06-03-18, 14:55
Just worked it out the loopout is for connecting to another box.

abu baniaz
06-03-18, 15:43
If you have at least three wires from your all your dish equipment, reconnect the tuner. You can only use one wire to it though. The other two should go to the FBC tuner.

So to repeat HARDWARE setup:
Wire from Motorised dish to FBC tuner. (A or B does not matter).

Wire from 28.2 dish to FBC tuner. (B or A does not matter).

Wire from 28.2 dish to Conventional tuner. It must be connected to the input port.

Once you have set hardware, post back exactly what you have done. The SOFTWARE side can be explained better. But gist of it is that it must match the hatdware.