PDA

View Full Version : [TM-TWIN 4K] Recording from Timeshift Question

MRevitt
31-12-17, 15:30
I was watching a program on BBC 1 today and came into the room 30 minutes after the program started, as the program was one that I wanted to watch. The program had been running on the sat box from the beginning so I pressed the record button, like I used to on my Sky box, expecting it to record from the beginning of the movie. But when I played back the recording the recording started from the point i pressed record.

Reading through the forums it looks like I should be able to record the entire program from timeshift, but not sure what settings I need to set to do this.

Timeshift appears to be working as I can pause live TV.

Thanks

Mike

ccs
31-12-17, 15:37
Timeshift is activated when you pause live tv, even if you have it disabled.

There are settings (timeshift specific) you'll need to set, but you'll need to find them as I can't check at the moment.

MRevitt
31-12-17, 16:59
Thanks for the quick response.

I have Timeshift working OK, I think, I can definitely pause Live TV. But it does not appear to be buffering the programme from its start, rather it only starts buffering from when I pause the programme.

I am looking for behaviour that is similar to Sky+ in that all programs are buffered from the point you start watching them, and the duration of the buffer is configured in settings.

Thanks again

Mike

gibbletts
31-12-17, 18:05
Press menu, setup, recordings,playback & timeshift, timeshift then change automatically start timeshift after to a value then press green

MRevitt
31-12-17, 18:27
Press menu, setup, recordings,playback & timeshift, timeshift then change automatically start timeshift after to a value then press green

I have checked this setting and it is currently set to 5 secs