PDA

View Full Version : TM-Twin-4K Cable connections

Yellow Ostrich
29-12-17, 11:34
Hi,

I persuaded my wife to get me one of these boxes for Xmas and so far it is looking very good. (Purchased from WoS, of course).

Please accept my apologies in advance for such daft questions.

Three Physical Tuner Connections on the box are:
Tuner A
Tuner B
Tuner B out

I have two VM Cables connected the physical Tuner A and Tuner B.

The Vix Tuner Setup is as follows:

Tuner A: DVB-S2 (not configured)
Tuner B: DVB-C Enabled and working
Tuner C: DVB-C Enabled and working

1. Is it possible to use all 3 tuners? Ideally I would like two VM Cable Feeds and a Sky Satellite feed, but it doesn't appear to be possible.

2. If question 1 is not possible then I assume that if I connect a Sky Satellite feed to Tuner A and Cable feed to Tuner B?

Tuner B Out:

3. Can this be used as an digital aerial connection to my TV or is it be used as a FreeSAT feed on the TV?

Thanks,

YO

Yellow Ostrich
29-12-17, 14:49
Sorry TM-Twin-4k.

abu baniaz
29-12-17, 14:57
Post a picture of the back of the receiver please.

Note:

Freesat = From satellite dish
Freeview = From aerial

Yellow Ostrich
29-12-17, 15:26
Hi Abu,

Thank you for the reply.

Regards,

YO

abu baniaz
29-12-17, 15:42
There are two versions of the receiver. I am presuming you have the single Sat, twin cable/terrestrial version. I hope this makes sense....

Back of box title Tuner A = Actual satellite tuner A
Back of box title Tuner B = Actual cable/terrestrial tuners B & C. (They are internally split)

Back of box title Tuner B out = Cable signal loop out. This is from "back of box title Tuner B"

The loop out is to connect to another tuner of same type. So for arguments sake, if you had another DVB-C receiver, you could just loop out instead of using a splitter.

You have made an error with connecting the DVB-C wire to "Back of box title Tuner A"

abu baniaz
29-12-17, 15:46
Just to make sure I have not mixed this up, can you post a screenshot of your devices page?

Menu > Information > Devices

Yellow Ostrich
29-12-17, 16:02
Hi Abu,

Brilliant as always!!

That sounds about right. So I can connect Sat to Tuner A, 1 cable into Tuner B.

Can I use Tuner B out as a Freesat feed directly into my TV? (Edit: sorry I just re-read this, obviously not FreeSat lol)

Thanks,

YO

abu baniaz
29-12-17, 16:07
No you can't. Just connect the Sky cable directly to the TV's sat tuner.

abu baniaz
29-12-17, 16:09
You are only using the receiver for DVB-C. Make your life easy, disconnect all signal wires apart from the one going into "B".