PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] 403.6 IP address rejected

bjorntj
27-12-17, 11:30
I have a problem accessing the web interface and was wondering which file(s) I can change to open the interface for all ip addresses? I have remote access to the box but I also need access to the web interface...

Regards,

BTJ

Ashley69
27-12-17, 12:00
I’m sure you need to have your boxes password protected. There is a change in openwebif settings you need to do as well.

birdman
27-12-17, 13:10
I presume by "All IP addresses" you mean you want to access it from outside yur home network.

The allowable cases for access are (these are the comments(!) in the plugin/httpserver.py code):

# #1: Auth is disabled and access is from local network
# #2: Auth is disabled and access is from private address space (Usually VPN) and access for VPNs has been granted
# #3: Access is from localhost and streaming auth is disabled - or - we only want to see our IPv6 (For inadyn-mt)
# #4: Web TV is accessing streams and "auths" by parent session id

bjorntj
27-12-17, 13:18
By "All IP addresses" I mean I do not need any ip check on my box, I only access my home network using VPN and nothing is exposed externally.. And I also do not want to authenticate but what you are saying, is that this is not possible?

birdman
28-12-17, 03:24
By "All IP addresses" I mean I do not need any ip check on my box, I only access my home network using VPN.Are you accessing the box from other systems on your home network using a VPN?

and nothing is exposed externally..So why are you using a VPN?

bjorntj
28-12-17, 10:26
Are you accessing the box from other systems on your home network using a VPN?

Not really, but I could..

So why are you using a VPN?

Ehh, because nothing is exposed to the internet?

But I figured out the missing line in the settings file to enable VPN support for OpenWebif (I was certain I had enabled that option but...), so now I have access over my VPN tunnel...

BTJ

JonMMM
28-12-17, 14:13
OK so your out going internet traffic is via a VPN?

It all now depends on how that VPN is set up, it could be that the box and your PC look like they are on different LANs which would cause the issue that you are getting

birdman
28-12-17, 14:18
Ehh, because nothing is exposed to the internet?If nothing is exposed to the Internet why would you use a VPN at all? Why not just connect directly from your own systems on your own network?

bjorntj
28-12-17, 14:24
Because going via my own systems on my own network is not a direct connection, which is not very practical. I also need VPN to get into my own system, so why shouldn't I use VPN? (btw, I am not home, if that was not clear...)

JonMMM
28-12-17, 14:25
If nothing is exposed to the Internet why would you use a VPN at all? Why not just connect directly from your own systems on your own network?

He is not "exposed" to the internet as he is behind the VPN - or at least that what I think he means. Now it all depends how he has set up that VPN if its just on the PC the E2 box and the PC might be seen as different LANs

JonMMM
28-12-17, 14:29
So lets get this clear.

Are you using this.

Option 1

Network 1 has both E2 machine and PC on it VPN is used to connect to the internet privately.

Option 2

Network 1 has E2 machine Network 2 has PC on it and VPN is used to connect the two networks

Please let use know which option

bjorntj
28-12-17, 23:45
Well, option 2 is closest... :) I am on a Site-to-site VPN tunnel from my mother's home network to my own home network at the moment..