PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] Infobar EPG update is slow

pmatil
25-12-17, 16:52
I only use EIT EPG and no online or 3rd party EPG plugins etc. The infobar EPG updates slower than the channel list EPG. What I mean is, when a programme starts at 17:00, the channel list EPG updates to show the current programme pretty much bang on at 17:00 (system time). The infobar EPG, however does not. It takes about 2-3 minutes for it to update. And as I use LCD4linux to show the current programme on the LCD, the current programme does not update on time.

You can say, hey what's a couple of minutes but since the delay is not the same accross the system it's a bit confusing. Also for short programmes you can't really see what the current programme is until suddenly it updates and it's already almost ended.

The screenshots show an example. I have NTP configured to keep the system time synchronized.

pmatil
06-01-18, 10:20
A few times the delay is longer, like in the attached picture where the programme has been going on for over an hour and still it shows the previous one.

If I've understood correctly, the EIT contains current/next programme information separately from the rest of the EPG data. I think so because in the settings there's the option "Show EIT current/next on the infobar". If I deselect the option, then I get nothing on the infobar and it kind of messes up everything as I don't use any 3rd party EPGs.

Is the EIT EPG parsing done in the OE core? If it is, where can I report the issues for OE?