PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] Disabling channel number switching and PIP issue

pmatil
25-12-17, 15:03
I just upgraded my Duo 2 from 4.2 to 5.1.006 (5.0 in between as it was said that you can't restore 4.x settings to 5.1). Anyway all seems to work like before.

For awhile I've been thinking is there a way to disable channel switching by number keys. I don't use them and quite often if the box gets a bad signal from the remote most often it interprets it as a number key and so switches the channel. I don't see a setting for it, so the only thing I can think of is modifying the keymap.xml at /usr/share/enigma2. Is it possible and is that the right file to edit?

Other thing is PIP. Now I get that many of the features rely on the VU+ drivers, but just wondering if it is possible to fix. The issue is related to switching the main and PIP images. I use the number "0" to do that. I also use "0" to switch between previously used channel when PIP is not used. When PIP is active I can switch between main and PIP images just fine. However when I disable pip and then use the "0" key it tries to switch to a obscure "channel".

abu baniaz
25-12-17, 15:29
0 is panic button. It takes you to the first channel in first bouquet.

The way swap PIP options is via the blue button.

pmatil
25-12-17, 16:35
No, panic button is disabled as I do not use it. I have set 0 to swap PIP and to go to previously used channel.

abu baniaz
25-12-17, 19:34
Sorry, please forgive me for not knowing what you've done.

Unless someone says they've changed something, I assume the default. My fault for not knowing.