PDA

View Full Version : VPN Plugin

Hemmingway
24-12-17, 12:27
Hi Guy's
What with the server blocking that's going on and set to continue are any of you brainiacs ( and i mean that in the nicest possible way) thinking about writing a VPN plugin
like the one that's been added to the new Wooshbuild v7 all you have to do is download the plugin enter username and Password for your vpn supplier and bingo you're in
i've been a vix fan for ages and love the work you guy's put in but the blocking issue is a pain specially for the not so techie ones of us
would love to hear your thought's

TIA

johnnym
24-12-17, 13:38
its already available.
Menu
Set-up
Network
Utilities
OPEN VPN

thats to start it

if you search there is a good procedure already written you can follow to get it working but you have to subscribe to a VPN service to use it the free ones are not that reliable.
hope this helps

No.Trace
24-12-17, 13:55
Hi there ...

i installed the VPN Changer (enigma2-plugin-extensions-vpnchanger_1.1.0_all.ipk) but i can't stop the VPN Connection with this PlugIn,
you have to press the red button for Start/Stop the connection ... but when i press the butten it is like i press exit.
But the VPN Connection is on any time ...

CU Kai

dsayers
24-12-17, 14:04
I have done a script for my private network. It's probably one of the easiest as you only need one conf file and edit to change country unlike others you need a conf for each country.

Although it's not that hard to setup other vpn's your self.

See here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?57656-Nordvpn-openvpn-enigma2&p=462178&viewfull=1#post462178 that should work with most vpn's but some you may need to add cert lines

dsayers
24-12-17, 14:05
Hi there ...

i installed the VPN Changer (enigma2-plugin-extensions-vpnchanger_1.1.0_all.ipk) but i can't stop the VPN Connection with this PlugIn,
you have to press the red button for Start/Stop the connection ... but when i press the butten it is like i press exit.

CU Kai

Same here just goto network menu and turn OpenVPN off from there. I did report it on the plugin thread on the openatv forum but I think they don't understand due to language barrier

No.Trace
24-12-17, 14:08
Perhaps that could be an "error" from the OpenVix Image ?
Here in that video it works ...
https://youtu.be/8Eb0G4R8e7c?t=10m11s
But this is the the OpenATV Image i think.

dsayers
24-12-17, 14:18

I'm not sure but when you goto the plugin folder you have scripts so maybe you need to add stop start scripts

dsayers
24-12-17, 14:29

Actually flashed OPENATV 6.2 today. I've just installed the plugin and red Stops/Starts openvpn without issues so maybe it is something to do with the image.

No.Trace
24-12-17, 14:30
I think that is the problem ... but what can we do ?

dsayers
24-12-17, 14:35
I'm not sure but I think this is the part in the plugin.py that stops starts openvpn with red button maybe one of the vix devs can suss what is needed to change the plugin or Vix python files?

def keyRed(self):
if "openvpn" in str(os.listdir("/var/run")):
os.system("/etc/init.d/openvpn stop")
self['vpnStatus'].setText("OpenVpn is not Running")
self.session.open(MessageBox, _("OpneVpn wurde gestoppt!"), MessageBox.TYPE_INFO, timeout=10)
threading.Thread(target=self.readIP).start()
try:
f = open(LOGFILE, "a")
f.write(time.strftime("%d.%m.%Y %H:%M:%S ") + "OpenVpn Stopping\n")
f.close()
except:
print "Log File Error"
else:
os.system("/etc/init.d/openvpn start")
self['vpnStatus'].setText("OpenVpn is Running")
self['list'].hide()
self['vpnLoad'].show()
self.statusVpn()
try:
f = open(LOGFILE, "a")
f.write(time.strftime("%d.%m.%Y %H:%M:%S ") + "OpenVpn is Running\n")
f.close()
except:
print "Log File Error"
else:
try:
f = open(LOGFILE, "a")
f.write(time.strftime("%d.%m.%Y %H:%M:%S ") + "OpenVpn Starting Error\n")
f.close()
except:
print "Log File Error"
self.session.open(MessageBox, _("OpneVpn konnte nicht gestartet werden!"), MessageBox.TYPE_ERROR, timeout=10)

No.Trace
24-12-17, 14:35
That would be great ! ;)

dsayers
24-12-17, 15:21
Hi Guy's
What with the server blocking that's going on and set to continue are any of you brainiacs ( and i mean that in the nicest possible way) thinking about writing a VPN plugin
like the one that's been added to the new Wooshbuild v7 all you have to do is download the plugin enter username and Password for your vpn supplier and bingo you're in
i've been a vix fan for ages and love the work you guy's put in but the blocking issue is a pain specially for the not so techie ones of us
would love to hear your thought's

TIA

This is the Script I did for My Private Network
https://github.com/davesayers2014/OpenVPN/blob/master/myvpn/Instructions.txt

And here is the original concept I made the script from
https://help.my-private-network.co.uk/support/solutions/articles/24000002812-openvpn-on-vu-duo2-openvix-

Hemmingway
24-12-17, 15:25
its already available.
Menu
Set-up
Network
Utilities
OPEN VPN

thats to start it

if you search there is a good procedure already written you can follow to get it working but you have to subscribe to a VPN service to use it the free ones are not that reliable.
hope this helps

Hi Yeah
i found that but it's nowhere as user friendly as the easy vpn adder as it needs no tech knowledge at all
all you have to do is launch it add user and password and job done

johnnym
24-12-17, 22:05
Have u sorted it now with the others help thats the good thing about the guys on here always ready to help.
if not i can write you a step by step walk through, I am not a tekkie but managed it

regards

^^COMPASS^^
25-12-17, 11:10
Hi there ...

CU Kai

I'm not sure but I think this is the part in the plugin.py that stops starts openvpn with red button maybe one of the vix devs can suss what is needed to change the plugin or Vix python files?

def keyRed(self):
os.system("/etc/init.d/openvpn stop")
self.session.open(MessageBox, _("OpneVpn wurde gestoppt!"), MessageBox.TYPE_INFO, timeout=10)
threading.Thread(target=self.readIP).start()
try:
f = open(LOGFILE, "a")
f.write(time.strftime("%d.%m.%Y %H:%M:%S ") + "OpenVpn Stopping\n")
f.close()
except:
print "Log File Error"
else:
os.system("/etc/init.d/openvpn start")
self['vpnStatus'].setText("OpenVpn is Running")
self['list'].hide()
self['vpnLoad'].show()
self.statusVpn()
try:
f = open(LOGFILE, "a")
f.write(time.strftime("%d.%m.%Y %H:%M:%S ") + "OpenVpn is Running\n")
f.close()
except:
print "Log File Error"
else:
try:
f = open(LOGFILE, "a")
f.write(time.strftime("%d.%m.%Y %H:%M:%S ") + "OpenVpn Starting Error\n")
f.close()
except:
print "Log File Error"
self.session.open(MessageBox, _("OpneVpn konnte nicht gestartet werden!"), MessageBox.TYPE_ERROR, timeout=10)

This is a long standing Keymap issue associated with OpenVIX which is easy overcome (but needs to be repeated upon a image update as the changes are overwritten)

usr/share/enigma2/keymap.xml

By changing keymap code from cancel to red

See below

<map context="SetupActions">

<key id="KEY_RED" mapto="red" flags="m”/>

No.Trace
01-01-18, 13:50
Hi there ...

thank you for the answer, but can i get any problems after changing the keymap file ?

CU Kai

No.Trace
03-01-18, 15:54
Now it works, thanks a lot.