PDA

View Full Version : What Receiver

akula2
20-12-17, 19:02
Hi,

I'm really interested in using an enigma2 box to provide a feed to my Plex Server. Ideally I'd hook it up with both DVB-T2 and DVB-S2 and then distribute it around my home through plex.

Can somebody suggest a good solid but cheap receiver. I'm guessing I don't need to worry about the best EPG or anything in the world. What receivers are people using with PlexDVR that are simple/reliable.

Ak

Sicilian
20-12-17, 23:45
Any enigma2 receiver with tuners types would be ok for your needs.

Take a look at the formuler f1 and formuler f4 turbo with extra hybrid tuner. Also take a look at the new Edision os nino combo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rhummelmose
21-12-17, 00:24
I am looking for a receiver, also for use with Plex DVR, but I would like it to support 4K and to support DVB-C. Preferably it should be able to watch 3 cable channels at once.

Any suggestions (maybe from @Sicilian)? :)

Andy_Hazza
21-12-17, 05:33
The new Vu+ Uno SE would be ideal. Can be found here >> https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/satellite-and-terrestrial/digital-receivers/vu-plus/vu-plus-uno-4k-se-fbc-dvb-c

Sicilian
21-12-17, 06:59
I am looking for a receiver, also for use with Plex DVR, but I would like it to support 4K and to support DVB-C. Preferably it should be able to watch 3 cable channels at once.

Any suggestions (maybe from @Sicilian)? :)

As Andy Hazza posted, the new VU+ Uno 4K SE or the VU+ Uno 4k.

rhummelmose
21-12-17, 09:56
Thanks guys.

How many channels will I be able to watch with those 2 tuners? :)

R.

Sicilian
21-12-17, 09:59
Thanks guys.

How many channels will I be able to watch with those 2 tuners? :)

R.

FBC DVB-C tuners supports 8 demodulators, in affect its like 8 tuners.

Andy_Hazza
21-12-17, 11:22
One coax cable = 8 tuners.

rhummelmose
10-01-18, 10:41
Thanks a lot guys. I bought a VU+ Uno 4K SE. Will get it next week. Hope a lot for it to be nice with Plex :)

R.