PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo SE] VU+ Solo SE Samba

posi
19-12-17, 19:14
Samba is not installable.

adm
19-12-17, 19:52
Samba is not installable.

Is the install process just causing a immediate reboot and afterwards SAMBA is not installed or runnig?

If so - try.....

When i had this on an older VIX image it was important that the correct sequence was adopted. It would NOT install if settings/plugins had been restored first after a new flash.

Back up your settings (menu -> setup -> vix -> backup manager -> press green for new backup)

Reflash the image to your box (menu -> setup -> vix -> image manager -> press yellow to get the latest version and once downloaded highlight and press blue to flash.)

On reboot set-up video and basic network connection - leave everything else alone (no restore of anything, no scan for channels - nothing else)

Go to the Samba set-up screen and you should get the message:

"Your xxxxx will be restarted after the installation of the service
Are you ready to install packagegroup-base-smbf-server?" with the option Yes and no.

This time when pressing yes a "please wait" message should appear for 5 seconds before the reboot rather than an immediate reboot.

After the reboot hopefully Samba will be installed and you can select start SAMBA

Restore plugins/settings from back-up you've just made and reboot (menu -> setup -> vix -> backup manager -> highlight the dated backup and press yellow to restore)

posi
19-12-17, 20:02
I have fresh install without any backup. This looks like the bug in Uno4kSE and which Sicilian fixed very soon. Thanks for that. Waiting same to SoloSE.

ccs
19-12-17, 20:08
Samba is not installable.You're not giving many clues here.

I have fresh install without any backup. This looks like the bug in Uno4kSE and which Sicilian fixed very soon. Thanks for that. Waiting same to SoloSE.The "fix" applied to all boxes, not just the Uno4kSE....

Samba and other network utilities fixed, was an issue with the online feeds. Re-uploaded, all ok now.

posi
19-12-17, 20:18
OK. Good. But I just tried to take to use my old solose, flashed 5.1.004 and tried to setup under utilities samba but it stays red and restarts imidiately. Confused.

posi
19-12-17, 20:57
Installed via telnet. Now ok.