PDA

View Full Version : Power Outage. Dead Tuners?

artemus
18-12-17, 23:52
Hi guys,

recently purchased the 8500 as replacement for 5800 & 5810 Topfields. Getting along swimmingly until this evening when we had a power cut.

Only a few minutes, but after rebooting, I'm now getting a Tuner Error message. Checking the Signal Strength page in the settings, and none of the 4 DVB-C/T2 tuners are showing any signs of life.

I am able to communicate using the Webif link, and can see the contents of the hdd using that and also by FTP, but the epg is barren.

Suggestions please, or has my purchase just become £160 more expensive to replace the tuners? :-(

adm
19-12-17, 01:04
Hi guys,

recently purchased the 8500 as replacement for 5800 & 5810 Topfields. Getting along swimmingly until this evening when we had a power cut.

Only a few minutes, but after rebooting, I'm now getting a Tuner Error message. Checking the Signal Strength page in the settings, and none of the 4 DVB-C/T2 tuners are showing any signs of life.

I am able to communicate using the Webif link, and can see the contents of the hdd using that and also by FTP, but the epg is barren.

Suggestions please, or has my purchase just become £160 more expensive to replace the tuners? :-(

Second attempt at posting as the first seems to have disappeared.

Unlikely something has died - possibly a file corruption which in the worst case can be corrected with a new flash but before that try....

First check that the tuners are enabled
Menu -> setup -> tuner config - tuner setup
Check that you have 4 entries for DVB-T2 and all 4 are enabled

Second enable over-the-air EPG
Menu -> setup -> EPG - settings -> Enable EIT EPG = yes

Third perform a new scan
Menu -> setup - -> Autobouquetmaker -> providers
Select Freeview(UK) = yes, select your Freeview (UK) area
Press green for OK
Press green again to scan

After the scan has completed press the TV button on the remote (NOT the TV button next to the power button but the other one maked TV on the remote)
Select the Freeview Bouquet
Do you have a list of channels?
The EPG may take another 10 minutes to populate. Try selecting BBC and then back to the EPG