PDA

View Full Version : [Mut@nt HD2400] EPG Always Goes To First Channel In Bouquet

JeanReno
17-12-17, 16:12
When I press the Guide button to open the EPG, it always opens at the 1st channel, not the current one. I've checked the "Channel 1 at start" setting and also the default skin with the same result. Bug or another issue? Only just started doing it since going from 5.1.002 to 5.1.003 (maybe coincidence).

ccs
17-12-17, 18:09
On 5.1.003 -

"channel 1 at start=yes" gives me the 1st channel when I select the epg.
"channel 1 at start=no" gives me the current channel when I select the epg.

adm
17-12-17, 19:11
On 5.1.003 -

"channel 1 at start=yes" gives me the 1st channel when I select the epg.
"channel 1 at start=no" gives me the current channel when I select the epg.

The same here on 5.1.004 - no gives the channel being watched

JeanReno
18-12-17, 20:24
Odd. I get the same result (1st channel) using "yes" or "no"

adm
18-12-17, 20:50
Odd. I get the same result (1st channel) using "yes" or "no"

Are you sure that you are pressing green to save after setting "no"?

JeanReno
18-12-17, 20:57
Yes, positive. I should clarify, that it's returning to the top page of my EPG when I press "Guide", the current channel is still selected, it's just always on the first page.

abu baniaz
19-12-17, 00:29
By page, do you mean bouquet?

JeanReno
19-12-17, 08:32
Yes, the 1st 'page' of the current bouquet.

abu baniaz
19-12-17, 12:12
EPG system opens up selecting the last used bouquet with the current channel highlighted. What are you expecting?Please do not mix up EPG and bouquets in your response.

Do you have more than one copy of the same service/channel in the same bouquet?

JeanReno
19-12-17, 12:56
It's always worked fine until now. I'll explain again.

1) Watching any channel, I press the "Guide" button to bring up the EPG (current bouquet name is "New")
2) Press 8 to page down to the next "page" of channels (same bouquet), select a channel to zap to.
3) Channel appears fine.
4) Press "Guide" to open the EPG
5) Still in the "New" bouquet, but I'm back at the "first page" of the bouquet, even though the channel selected is on next page down.

Does this make sense?

No there is not more than one copy of the same service/channel in the same bouquet.

abu baniaz
19-12-17, 13:50
You are missing something in your description between step 3 and 4. If you select a service within G-EPG, the channel in the PIG, (Picture in Graphic) changes. G-EPG does not close. How can you open something that is already open?

My test 1
Press TV, select Entertainment, press Right to go to page 2, select "cbs reality+1". channel changes fine.
Press EPG to activate G-EPG. Active bouquet is Entetainment, highlighted service is "cbs reality+1", on third page (this view has fewer lines). I can press 2 and go back to top.

My Test 2
Press EPG to open G-EPG, within G-EPG select "channel 4+1" and press OK twice to zap and close G-EPG. Press EPG again, Current bouquet opens up, showing the "channel 4+1"

Am I testing your scenario incorrectly?

JeanReno
19-12-17, 14:29
You are missing something in your description between step 3 and 4. If you select a service within G-EPG, the channel in the PIG, (Picture in Graphic) changes. G-EPG does not close. How can you open something that is already open?

Nothing is missing, "OK Button (short)"is set to "Zap+Exit", therefore the channel is selected and the EPG closes.

My test 1
Press TV, select Entertainment, press Right to go to page 2, select "cbs reality+1". channel changes fine.
Press EPG to activate G-EPG. Active bouquet is Entetainment, highlighted service is "cbs reality+1", on third page (this view has fewer lines). I can press 2 and go back to top.

My Test 2
Press EPG to open G-EPG, within G-EPG select "channel 4+1" and press OK twice to zap and close G-EPG. Press EPG again, Current bouquet opens up, showing the "channel 4+1"

Am I testing your scenario incorrectly?

Test 2 is closest to my use, I only use G-EPG by pressing the guide button:

In this screenshot, you'll see that I've already zapped (and exited) to "Dave HD" - this channel is on the second page of the EPG. However, when pressing "Guide" I'm returned to the top page which starts with "CBeebies HD" as seen here.

I have to page down (8 key) to get back to the second page where "Dave HD" resides.

JeanReno
19-12-17, 18:05
I've had a look at the bouquet and it appears that having service type of 4097 causes/affects the issue. I have a mix of 1 and 4097 types. Changing them all to 1 removes the issue, although I suspect it will affect the EPG data.

satturn
19-12-17, 18:36
I had the same problem a couple of months ago because I transfered IPTV/URLs into my channel list. I removed these and all is fine again.

JeanReno
19-12-17, 19:59
Mine have always worked together in a mixed bouquet with a full EPG, until now. It's odd behaviour, so a bug it would appear.