PDA

View Full Version : How do I turn ET8500 into iptv box

ALIEN1X
16-12-17, 23:36
Hi,
I have an ET8500 but rather then buy another box to use for iptv how can I turn my sat reciever into an iptv box, do I down load plugins and which one?

Andy_Hazza
17-12-17, 06:21
Your supplier will most likely provide you with a plugin or script etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ALIEN1X
19-12-17, 12:33
ok thanks, I as just wondering if anyone has done this on there ET boxes as I could not find any plugins.
It just saves me buying another box if I can use the existing box which may have the capabilities since its linux

Andy_Hazza
19-12-17, 13:23
Yeah you can run IPTV on any e2 receiver. Less hassle is via a plugin but will only give you now & next for your EPG. Or you can create your own Bouquets from an m3u file and link the EPG to each channel (tedious but best option IMO) using E-Channelizer. Some offer a script you can run but again doesn’t look pleasing to the eye. All depends what you want and if you are OCD with the appearance/layout etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

silverblack
19-12-17, 14:18
Depending who your provider is you can use this plugin :

https://www.suls.co.uk/enigma2-iptv-bouquets-with-epg/

tommyturnip
20-12-17, 19:13
I concur with silverback, the e2m3u2bouquet plugin is what I use on my et8500 / solo2 and it works very well with full epg and picon support.
Although it does have presets for providers you can also do a custom config or just pass the relevant information from your provider to suls and he is usually happy to build a config for you.

ALIEN1X
22-12-17, 18:17
thanks I will test it, just need find a relaible supplier. Ah just checked on plugin downloads on my box I could not find it?

twol
22-12-17, 19:30
You have to google suls, download the plugin, ftp to tmp and install it.

ALIEN1X
26-12-17, 14:09
You have to google suls, download the plugin, ftp to tmp and install it.

ok thanks I will try it. To ftp this do I use putty/dreambox control centre software of similar?
I can access the files/folders in the ET8500 box from windows pc via the network so I could transfer that way?

twol
26-12-17, 14:23
Filezilla is probably the easiest but whatever gets it there... then go to ViX pluin and install plugin

dsayers
26-12-17, 15:08
I just use windows.