PDA

View Full Version : [GiGaBlue QUAD+ PLUS] TV HDMI Puzzle

dermies
16-12-17, 14:08
Hi, here is a TV HDI start up puzzle which has me perplexed.

The TV is a Philips 47pfl7603h_10 and it is connected via HDMI to a Gigablue Quad Plus (Openvix 5.1) Everything used to function normally until about 15-18 months ago.

The TV now starts perfectly normally, if the Gigablue isn’t connected.

The TV starts normally with an Apple TV connected to the HDMI ports. But if the Gigablue is attached, the TV goes into an on-off loop. It clicks on & off about 4 or five times. Sometimes it starts and then simply powers off fully, i.e. you need to press the physical start button again.

It will eventually turn on after going through this cycle, including pressing the physical start button, a few times. So this start up circus takes over 5 minutes.
It also works if the TV is turned on, let run for a few minutes and then power up the Gigablue from cold.

Once both the TV and Gigablue have established a connection, they work fine during the evening. It is only the initial start up that causes problems.

Tried changing the HDMI cables including old and newest cables, rotating the HDMI ports (3 on the TV), turning off Philips EasyLink, starting the devices in different sequences, turning off HDMI-EDID and changing HDMI-CEC settings in Vix etc but I’ve not been able to find the magic combination yet to bring things back to working normally.

Tried reflashing, with and without saving settings, from USB and couch. Also tried OpenATV but it seems to use all the same software.
Tried putting a HDMI splitter in between the Gigablue and TV but that didn’t cure it either.

Tried using the HDMI Test plugin from the feeds which can turn on and off the TV. Some other commands aren't recognised.

From what I read on the boards, I suspect a HDMI hand-shake error caused by either a kernel version update or Gigablue driver update about 15-18 months ago.

Does anyone have trouble-shooting suggestions or tips?

spanner123
16-12-17, 17:13
Have you tried setting openvix to 576p or 720p ?

dermies
19-12-17, 00:59
Many thanks for the suggestion.

I've tried both resolutions now and unfortunately no success. Still clicks on and off several times

Andy_Hazza
19-12-17, 05:23
Have you enabled automatic resolution within ViX Video settings?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

birdman
19-12-17, 10:37
Have you tried modifying any of the HDMI CEC options on the box?
What settings do you have there?

dermies
19-12-17, 15:09
Hi, no haven't changed anything on automatic video resolution yet. Video is set to 1080p at 50Hz, but have tried lower resolutions without success.

Tried a few different HDMI-CEC settings including disabled, changing the wake up signal source and interval, but don't really understand what they do.

I've attached screenshots of current video and HDMI settings.

Is there a log that tracks HDMI signals?

Many thanks

Frobozz360
28-03-18, 13:04
I have an HDMI CEC issue which I think is related.

Since upgrading my Vu+ Ultimo4K from OpenViX 5.0 to OpenViX 5.1 (first 5.1.013, now 5.1.022) the sound from my TV (LG 75UH855V) to my receiver (Yamaha Aventage RX-820) using ARC is no longer working, also I cannot control the volume (on my receiver) with my TV remote. When I unplug the HDMI between Vu+ and my receiver, ARC works. No settings in my TV, receiver or Vu+ makes ARC work again when my receiver is connected to Vu+ with OpenViX 5.1.x. With OpenViX 5.0.x it worked nicely.

spanner123
29-03-18, 12:21
I would also check if there is a firmware update for your Philips TV if it has never been updated.